Wesley Berry ... again..

autj

Aug 20, 2011
Owings
www.calvertflorist.com
State / Prov
MD
Received an order from Wesley yesterday for the Tel Ford Truck,with mylar for 37.94 delivered, my sweet wifes response was classic and I thought I would share quote " which one of you all fell and bumped your head? 37.94 delivered?? are you crazy?? Take us out of you directory now and forever. Just because you choose to offer your customers a discount does not mean we will accept an undervalued order. If you want to deliver this ,go ahead, I will send you our local maps!!!" When we checked their site they are offering 20.00 discounts on everything and guaranteeing Sunday delivery to boot. We called Teleflora and they told us they would put us on a DNR (does not receive) list which would stop Wesley and others from calling(we'll see), we called all of our local florists to let them know that they could do this. I will be taking the list from Floristdetective.com and adding every DOG to that DNR list, if we flood them with calls requesting this maybe they will pay a little bit of attention to us.

We received same item and same price in Charlotte for Monday delivery, I sent them an inquiry for more money, by tomorrow midday I will refuse it. They have become a real pest. It is so unreal, they can offer a trip to the moon, but just don't ask others to participate.

And the chances are pretty good that the original customer was in your local market too... Why anyone would accept discounted orders from gatherers is beyond me. It only continues to decay the fiber of an already fragile industry.

And the chances are pretty good that the original customer was in your local market too... Why anyone would accept discounted orders from gatherers is beyond me. It only continues to decay the fiber of an already fragile industry.

yep, start looking closely at card messages and you will see that most of the HQ and OG orders are originating from right in your backyard. Oddly enough, I didn't hear a peep from WB at V-day. They usually blow up my phones on the 13th and 14th. They must have found a new sucker to fill around here

Just refused my ford truck charity order from WB. We stopped our dove on Monday...that made life so easy, working on this worthless orders when we have our own (regular) orders to fill and at our prices. I will take these discounted orders when we have space available for deliveries and designers standing around (which never happens) to make these custom orders. We try to fill our orders with as many standard designs as possible. Makes our life so peaceful and organized. We dedicate most of our non-designers to deal with cash n carry customers. We had 2 registers and 2 lines, 10 -12 deep all day Monday and Tuesday. It is interesting that these customers managed to find us on V/day after 3 months (we moved 1.5 miles from the old location).

Reactions: BOSS
I'd talk with every shop in the delivery radius and explain the gig...

we have a couple of shops in our area that absolutely refuse to stop, they are diehard 800 flowers and FTD koolaid drinkers , one even told a customer that FTD was the absolute best and he recommends them highly. I quit FTD and hope they get all of their undervalued orders,Teleflora is next and they can have them all

Wesley Berry sends us an order for T15-1A with a mylar delivered for $37.94. TF suggested retail is $49.95 without the balloon. Sent them a message and told them we need more $$$ or they can cancel. They waiting until an hour before we close and gave us the extra $$$.

We double check all wire ins for $$ descrepancy. With the balloon, it would have been almost $20 short.

Reactions: BOSS
Wesley Berry sends us an order for T15-1A with a mylar delivered for $37.94. TF suggested retail is $49.95 without the balloon. Sent them a message and told them we need more $$$ or they can cancel. They waiting until an hour before we close and gave us the extra $$$.

We double check all wire ins for $$ discrepancy. With the balloon, it would have been almost $20 short.

I'm going to be frank here....

so why fill for them?

Even if you get more $$, just say no, and you will kill this parasite in our industry. and we will all be better off without them..

those who keep bailing out this poor excuse of a florist, just keep making him look better are CRAZY!

JUST DON'T DO IT ANY MORE.

I am with Kristine. I don't fill any orders of anytype from wesley berry and others in the same category.
I don't even have a second thought even if we are slow.

This is the only way we can stop them. Say NO! You do it to drugs!

A customer came into day and order flowers to take with him. While I was getting a vase he started telling me about getting burned for Valentines to the tune of $150.00 by none other than Wesley Berry. The flowers were never delivered, he's never gotten a refund, they want even talk to him now after their first conversation, tell him to send them a email which they never respond to. He's done his investigating and found the fake BBB rating, numerous complaint and now knows how the OG's work. He was totally dismayed but has learned how it all works now. He did ask me if I belonged to FTD or Telefloea when he came in. Of course, no I don't.

I think I've made a customer for life and would really like to help this customer get his money back from WB, any suggestion for him? I told him I would see if I could find out if there was any recourse for him. Thanks!

he can dispute the charge with his bank/credit card. Non delivery, no refund yet.. he's got a point.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Wish more injured parties such as your customer commented in their social media about the negative V-Day experience and then the positive he just had. The public in many respects don't need to hear it from us but from their friends and family...they'll believe them more -rightly or wrongly. Good luck with your convert though.

Reactions: BloomingFlorida
any suggestion for him? I told him I would see if I could find out if there was any recourse for him. Thanks!
Have him also file a complaint with the Michigan BBB (in addition to contacting his credit card co.) Just google "BBB Wesley Berry" and he'll find the page.

AFAICT, WB has about 120 BBB complaints about V Day (so far).

A complaint to the FTC about WB may also help get them the attention WB deserves.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en