What wire service do you belong too and why?

What wire service do you belong to? Why? Would you prefer not to be? Why not quit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
TF, for only the website, once we have our new website the way we want it...
Bye bye TF..

Reactions: TOTO
Tel only.

I feel only one WS is needed. More than one would make me WS dependent. I choose the one WS that has chose NOT to drop ship and avoid the local florist. Even though I do not agree with everything TEL does, I feel they are the best option. Also my dove orders are 100% integrated with my software.

I have looked into Bloomnet and almost every item was priced too low. They also carry too many containers and kits that I would need to stock. These items are not profitable either b/c it has too many stems for the retail OR it is too labor intensive (too many insertions).

I think the Bloomnet choosed to advertise mainly at the holiday when I am already at capacity AND they choose to advertise the $30 price point the most. I would be codified at $40 or $50 and STILL probably get orders below this and have to refuse.

Heather... I'd be Teleflora too, and drop FTD, if they would play with MAS but they chose not to.

It's only a matter of time for me, I'm pretty sure I'll be totally out by fall....

I can't edit... but Boss can. So if you want a choice added just post to do so I suppose.

Please don't forget to add a post explaining the "why". I am more interested in the why - as are most FC-ers I think.

I am one of them trying FSN...I like that they pay once a week roughly, they set up my order page...process the credit cards and send me a check for 100% of e commerce orders and 80 % of F 2 F orders....also I like that I can either find a florist thru here which I try to do or...I can have them help me find one, and pay instantly by credit card. I am endeavoring to become wire service free as well, debating about keeping one...not sure which one yet for me. If ya want to see the kind of site they do you can check my web page...www.clarabellaflowers.com and it links by my "order here button" to the site they make me. It averages out to about 50.00 a month for them to set web site up and maintain it and includes the domain name which I own.
I would love to switch my personal over to Strider but did a contract so when its over I will rethink it. Hope this is insightful

I am presently all three, FTD BLOOMNET and TF because I have went to quit several times and its been free....as far as charges and web sites go...pay the per order charge and the percentage but no other fees at present except directory so its been worth my while being new to get an arrangement and business card into as many homes as I can. However the Free is almost over and now its down to decision making time. I really do like the FSN e commerce where they process the credit card and send me the check...and that is all included in my yearly fee which also sets up and maintains my fsn web site...http://www.myfsn.com/clarabellaflowers/
mothers day is already gone....

I am bbrooks and I know for the no ws people it's not ideal but it works for me. Their orders are always a nice size rather than the $22.99 (including delivery) nonsense you sometimes see elsewhere, and I have had no problems. There is only one other bbrooks member that I know of in my area and she has super high minimums so I get a lot of the orders I think.

Teleflora only, because they do not drop ship, and I like their ongoing education programs.
I use them primarily for overseas orders, usually with the US and Canada, I can send orders through a florist I have gotten to now along the way and I like the syle of work they do etc., and use my credit card.
I would drop them all together, but I haven't figured out how to send orders to ... let's say Bali, or Poland or whatever. Now, if you can tell me how to do that successfully, I'm out of there!

BBrooks only, mainly because they do not allow or encourge sending only dOGs. However, I used BBrooks to send flowers to my own mother this year specifying "No babies breath or Alstro" Carns ok.
Guess what, she got a ton of BB and Alstro and had to rearrange the design herself....sigh

Reactions: 1 person
Well I am FTD primarily because I made the mistake of buying there Technology long ago. Now there will be a day not that far off that i will probably drop telelfora but fact is I do make money on there incomings. And I am sure that will bring out the cat calls but I buy 60 percent of my product direct vs wholesalers I have much lower cost but we price currently based on wholesale cost with exception of specials. The second store which is the big teleflora store operates on one employee except for holidays and shares the same delivery system. Its hard to explain but because that store is only 6 miles away I been able to strip a lot of cost out of that operation and the rent is cheap and it makes a nice profit every single year.

ditto to the TF reasons listed, especially the no drop-ship on tf.com. Though it did make me wonder recently when I was updating our site on the eflorist platform why there are items clearly meant for shipping, like cookies & specialty gift baskets, listed on the item list :rolleyes:

After this madness is done, back to working on our Strider site & getting our www away from TF.

Status
Not open for further replies.