What’s Behind the Curtain?

Thank you for your reply. I am, however, confused by the first paragraph wherein you comment about dimensions. I would appreciate a clarification.
The underlying premise of our service is to allow the florist the opportunity to use their expertise in filling an order just like they do when a customer calls them directly. Therefore, we encourage the consumer to trust the florist to do the best job possible. This means that the florist will make the arrangement in accordance with the wishes of the consumer relative to the amount they paid.

My comment that the dimensions are relevant meant that just because we did not list them on our site this did not make them irrelevant, the consumer will expect size to be representative of amount paid and expensiveness of the flowers.

I actually think your business model in general is great. However, after reading, I think there are still flaws. I haven't seen, in the 7 pages I have read, any mention of how you get your $5.50 from the florist. Do they pay you monthly? Do you keep a florist charge card on file and charge them once you send them an order? Another HUGE issue is how are you getting customer credit information securely to a florist? You are a middleman of sorts (sorry, but you are, just doesn't sound as bad as the OGs) and all that information needs to be transmitted and unless you roll out a software (Like Dove and Merc, which you would charge for most likely) how does the florist get it?

Your system seems very complex. If it works, I think it is awesome. If everything is true, I like that florists can input their prices for arrangements to help you discover what a market area is (I assume that when you said previously that florists help in the pricing that really this means by zip code you can narrow what the pricing is and show the consumer that price). I like that customers can rate a florist upon completion and kick bad florists out or down the list on the order chain. (Although, seems most consumers only rate experiences when they are bad). I like that they can send to the same florist without thinking.

Like I said, everything sounds great but the system is very complex and takes a lot of upkeep. I wish you the best.

Oh, and just so you know, I don't even work for a florist anymore but when I did, I was the only one who harassed the wire service reps about anything. I am skeptical about everything.

The underlying premise of our service is to allow the florist the opportunity to use their expertise in filling an order just like they do when a customer calls them directly. Therefore, we encourage the consumer to trust the florist to do the best job possible. This means that the florist will make the arrangement in accordance with the wishes of the consumer relative to the amount they paid.

My comment that the dimensions are relevant meant that just because we did not list them on our site this did not make them irrelevant, the consumer will expect size to be representative of amount paid and expensiveness of the flowers.

Thank you for the reply and clarification. On the matter of the dimensions, you are listing them on your website against the majority of images and, to compound the matter, many of them, as I previously pointed out, a common 22" h x 12"w and 11"d (or close to that). Please correct them and, as appears applicable, remove them as it can, for the un-initiated, compound any confusion that they may have.

First of all, Thanks for the direct answers. That says a LOT about your character as a company. Some good additionals questions have been asked. How do you collect your money from the filling florist? how does the filling florist get the customer info? These are some good questions.

Also, With your selectio guide arrangements......How are you explaining to the customers who see the designs.......that the designs may NOT look like the picture. People are visual creatures......they will see a particular image and be expecting that image. Hence the problem with a lot of wire services and their unrealistic designs. A simple blurb or statement about substituion gets missed and overlooked in typical wire service recipes, images, and selections......Are you improving on this concept so it becomes more evident to the consumer that a design may NOT look like the picture.

Kimba,

I just had an idea. The images that you are showing could have a watermark across them that says something like ~ Image is guide only for shape or color palette.

That's how I sell my funerals from the JH book. That way I still get the look they want.

Reactions: ezbloomers
Kimba,

Is there any connection between ezbloomers and Floral Source International?

If there is, many I ask what this is?

I look forward to your reply.

EZBloomers has no affiliation with any exisiting provider i.e. wire service, order gatherer, POS software, etc.., including FSI.

Thank you for your reply. I asked because I note on your site and on the FSI site numerous common/shared/same floral images. Do you or ezbloomers know why this might be so?

Thank you for your reply. I asked because I note on your site and on the FSI site numerous common/shared/same floral images. Do you or ezbloomers know why this might be so?
We licensed some of our images from the same place that FSI got theirs.

BTW EZBloomers enables florists to "Setup Your Own Direct Send Network on EZBloomers.com"
this means you can send to your direct send partner florists and EZBloomers available florists. No monthly dues or sign-up fees.

BootGuy,
Give the Brothers a break............will you????
You got to think positive Man, the war is over.
EzBloomers is like food.............You try it first.
If you don'like it don't eat it.
All you got to do and must do before giving an opinion is ............TRY..........then critic.
Happy 4th Old Boy :jester

Simon, I don't know you and you don't know me, but...

I'm a little confused with your attack (yes that's how I see your post) on EZBloomers.
I see that you joined FC April 2011, so your pretty new here. But, are you not aware that EZBloomers was created by the man responsible for creating the MAS system while he was employed by McShan Florist Dallas, many years ago? Kimba is his sister, and these people are seriously dedicated to helping Florist.

It is no wonder there are not more people trying to break the hold of the WS's, when this is what they face from florist that should know a little about the history of this industry. I applaud their efforts. I signed up and yes provided them my CC number (for the 5.50 fee) immediately upon getting the email from them. How much integrity does it take? WS's aren't attacked to this level on FC. Look at the girl from TF that post here (I forget her name), she is treated with respect, that in my opinion you have not shown to Kimba/EZBloomers.

This is just my opinion of how this thread has gone, and I'm disappointed that it seems mean spirited. Thanks Henry for your post I agree "give the brothers a break". I don't post often anymore, but I just had to about this.

JMHO

Reactions: Hollywood
Simon, I don't know you and you don't know me, but...

I'm a little confused with your attack (yes that's how I see your post) on EZBloomers.
I see that you joined FC April 2011, so your pretty new here. But, are you not aware that EZBloomers was created by the man responsible for creating the MAS system while he was employed by McShan Florist Dallas, many years ago? Kimba is his sister, and these people are seriously dedicated to helping Florist.

It is no wonder there are not more people trying to break the hold of the WS's, when this is what they face from florist that should know a little about the history of this industry. I applaud their efforts. I signed up and yes provided them my CC number (for the 5.50 fee) immediately upon getting the email from them. How much integrity does it take? WS's aren't attacked to this level on FC. Look at the girl from TF that post here (I forget her name), she is treated with respect, that in my opinion you have not shown to Kimba/EZBloomers.

This is just my opinion of how this thread has gone, and I'm disappointed that it seems mean spirited. Thanks Henry for your post I agree "give the brothers a break". I don't post often anymore, but I just had to about this.

JMHO

Thank you for your opinion. I asked EZBloomers for clarification on dimensions for product on their website as these appeared common across numerous items and I, for one, thought it confusing. Clarification was given. I then asked if they had an association with another company as certain product imagery was common across both sites. Clarification was given. I thanked them on both occasions.

If offence was felt, then I am sorry about that but after EZBloomers asked us to look at their site, I did and then asked questions and got replies.

Simon

Goodie "Simon says" is joining us @ EZBloomers......

"The florists of the Future"and "the Future for florists".

Don't take my words only follow your instincts............they never lie.

Happy 4th of July to all even the British, why the "Hell" not after all.lol

Lets do what the French do they also celebrate the 4th of July, ANY opportunity to celebrate and have fun.............is an opportunity to celebrate and have fun......comprende senior???????? :jester