Where Did Our Customers Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then Mr. Secretary - Looks like your day is coming up soon.....or do you claim the title Mr. Administrative Professional. lol

One of these days......I am gonna show up at your shop, if for no other reason than to pick at you in person. lol

well then Mr. Secretary - Looks like your day is coming up soon.....or do you claim the title Mr. Administrative Professional. lol

One of these days......I am gonna show up at your shop, if for no other reason than to pick at you in person. lol
Well wanta go on a road trip??? I'm in, I need a day off, also, Still waiting on some answers to this one, above,

goldfish brought up some excellent points about what we can learn from ProFlowers.

When I study other websites, I don't necessarily feel I have to take every positive from them and apply them to my site. I learn, get ideas and keep it the back of my mind and may apply them later. What's good for the competition may not always be good for us. From Sun Tzu The Art of War : “Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster."

Yes it's important to always watch your immediate competition within your own city, but I find it very helpful to study the competition across the world. You can get a feel for trends from the top shops in different cities, these trends may not have hit your town yet, or even here at FC, so there is much to learn. I will often type keywords: "Florist New York", "Florist San Francisco", "Florist Tokyo", "Florist London", etc... you get the idea. Sure there seems to be some of the usual suspects in every search, but there are still many to find beyond them.

Bring it Mister, or is it Maam? - (that's a joke! Do NOT get offended):poke:

Love to see you walk in our door.

One thing that would surprise you to no end - you won't find the dreaded TFTD cookie cutters in our cooler.

Just on our website....know why???

I know what sells on websites.

but c'mon down!

Bring it Mister, or is it Maam? - (that's a joke! Do NOT get offended):poke:

Love to see you walk in our door.

One thing that would surprise you to no end - you won't find the dreaded TFTD cookie cutters in our cooler.

Just on our website....know why???

I know what sells on websites.

but c'mon down!

Why do you think it is that what sells on a website does not sell in the shop???

I know that I could have all kinds of the arrangements I sell on the web in my cooler and people will walk right past them and get the arrangemnets that are on my website that don't sell...is it because of the pro picture looks better than the amature or is it that the pictures don't translate into the real thi ng as good as your own designs...Or is it because the actual live people selling in your shop can sell ice cubes to an eskimo and the web depends on just those pictures to do the job???

I know a whole lot of questions but I think they are important to understand the difference...

You know how we complain that the "all around" arrangement shows all the flowers on one side? Well, after taking some photos of my own, I know why. They look awful! It's one thing for an arrangement to look good to the naked eye, quite another for it to look good in photography. Sometimes, I look at the photo and think, "Was it that ugly?".

It's one of the things I struggle with. I think I'm going to start a new thread on this, because I'm hoping some of you have some tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.