Status
Not open for further replies.

roysecityfloristand gifts

Nov 15, 2007
Royse City
www.roysecityflorist.com
State / Prov
Texas
How many of you have interior shots of your shop on your websites??

I think it's a great idea, and would be interested in hearing from those that do,whether they think it helps their business. I know Adam (Master J) has them, and there is someone who has a panoramic view but can't remember who.

Keep pictures rotating on my home page.
I want viewers to feel like they are in my shop.
You would not believe the comments I get about the pooches.
I swear, people tell me all the time, that they choose me, because of the dogs.

www.cherryblossomsflorist.com

I asked the question because I thought that you could have a virtual store, and customers could say, "Hey I love that blue vase on the shelf can you put the flowers in it"? Or they could see plush they like and add it on to the sell.

I also think that like Adams' site, it adds a family warmpth and trust factor.

There is also a shop on FC that has a camera running while they are open and you can watch them throughout their day. Can you imagine that...but it's an interesting concept.

Hey Dude, don't knock it...Did you mouse over any of that junk?

The concept must work for her, because a bunch of it says SOLD.

I've had a live cam in our shop off and on for about 8 years. I get a lot of great feedback and builds instant credibilty as a real florist.

I think it's a great idea. As Daz said, it builds credibility as a real florist. It might just make more of a difference in customers choosing you than looking at your designs. People like to shop where they feel comfortable and "click" (like with the dogs-obviously people who like dogs would rather do business with someone who also likes dogs).

Hey Dude, don't knock it...Did you mouse over any of that junk?

The concept must work for her, because a bunch of it says SOLD.

Hey Dudette, I think this is brilliant. If you can open the book it is an amazing bit of technology. I think it's even more brilliant to through a few sold items in there as well, to me it makes everything else seem more real.

Why couldn't you have a webpage designed that you could set up a daily wall and combine fresh arrangements, silk arrangements, plants, giftware, stc. Heck you can even include your self holding one item.

The way I look at this is that the items are real and that is what I'm buying instead of a image of something that has yet to be made.

I have real shot of the interior of my store on the about us page....

People do look and I have been told that it was refreshing to see that we are a real live shop and the phone call was the final test of that fact...

People who have been burned by the online only entities will look further into shops and what kind they are....I have been hear of late many people looking specifically for small shops, because they feel they get better service, woman owned businesses because they feel we have a harder time and that we have more heart and more passion(not too sure this is 100% true), and just local business in general to try to keep local monies local....

This economy may be difficult buut it is making some people think about how, where and why they are purchasing what they purchase, which is good for us...

Reactions: Palms
Lori, your post reminded me of the 3/50 Program for small local blusiness.
I went to their site and downloaded the logo and info. page for my website.
It's a great idea to promote shopping local.

Reactions: Terrafolia
Status
Not open for further replies.