Whoa!!! Holy crap!!!

lori042499

May 3, 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
www.affairstorememberflorist.com
State / Prov
MA
The new TF counter book is 400.00...Wow, this just swept me right off my feet...with 20,000 florists at 400.00 a pop that is 8 million dollars...Holy good God, could this book really have cost that much to produce and no wonder we(florists) can't keep up with photography and getting our own images, if this is an idea of how much it costs to get the images just right....these books just better be fabulous, and I mean FABULOUS!!!!

I think that's including the $6.5MM profit on the guides.

also, they aren't giving anyone a deal on guides, so if you have two, three or four locations it is 400.00 each..I wounder if the sending only ogs have to buy this also...or do they get the images for free because they are such and important part of the WS success...

I do agree that TF needed a new book, but holy cows....I was expecting it to be 200-300 not 400.00...oh boy!!!

I bet if you could see their true financials, they make 90% of their profit from what they sell (products, boosk, etc.). I had my book printer look at the book one day and asked "what would that cost to make"........he thought $150. bucks.......I don't know at all. But, "whoa, that's alot of crap"....................

Reactions: Tuberose
Yup, it is in the rules and regs and TF points out the exact location in the FAQ...

Keep rubbing it in Helen, keep it up, I'll come over there to Concord if you keep that up, missy!!!

Now what fun would that be Helen...

The new TF counter book is 400.00...Wow, this just swept me right off my feet...with 20,000 florists at 400.00 a pop that is 8 million dollars...Holy good God, could this book really have cost that much to produce and no wonder we(florists) can't keep up with photography and getting our own images, if this is an idea of how much it costs to get the images just right....these books just better be fabulous, and I mean FABULOUS!!!!

Still better deal than FTD's @ 19.95 per month.

But take a close look at your Sept statement.........dove is up by $10.00 per month and incoming messages are up by $0.25 to $1.50 per, also if you have one of their web sites they are also up by $10.00 per month!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet if you could see their true financials, they make 90% of their profit from what they sell (products, boosk, etc.). I had my book printer look at the book one day and asked "what would that cost to make"........he thought $150. bucks.......I don't know at all. But, "whoa, that's alot of crap"....................

There's a lot more to making that book than just the printing my friend.

Oh they are getting us quarterly for new pages to the book and those merchandising kits...another thing you cannot opt out of..but the pages are completely waterproof and the sympathy section is a separate book, this does make me happy since my sympathy section get a beating...yeah people just love to look at the stupid book here...

Still better deal than FTD's @ 19.95 per month.

But take a close look at your Sept statement.........dove is up by $10.00 per month and incoming messages are up by $0.25 to $1.50 per, also if you have one of their web sites they are also up by $10.00 per month!!!!!!!!!!!
Are they TRYING to reduce their membership? Just wondering...

I've been dying to get my own book made. I have a thousand photos but I don't know how to get that made into a book. Right now I have a computer set up on the counter so people can browse the website. For the younger shoppers I hand them an Ipad to browse the options on the website. They think that's really neat. I really want a book for back-up though. Anyone know where to get something like that made? Hopefully for way less than $400?

Sarah you probably can get something printed at vista print for that..

Reactions: Sarah Jane