Whoa!!! Holy crap!!!

Nicole...

Do I take your comments to mean that there will not be another $400.00 charge in the next couple years, and that TF members will only have to pay a small amount for updates to the "living document" for the next bunch of years?

Nicole...

Do I take your comments to mean that there will not be another $400.00 charge in the next couple years, and that TF members will only have to pay a small amount for updates to the "living document" for the next bunch of years?

Yeah we will be paying another 280.00 per year for updates to the living document...there is no time limit listed so I am assuming that this will be a perpetual fee not to be done away with ever...Maybe Nicole can clear that up for us...instead of the web catalogs that come out every quarter we will be getting pages to add to the book..I do hope they stop producing so many new web bokays....it is dizzying to keep up with...however it does give us some value for that 14.99 a month if you use the darn things...

Lori, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you meant to say another $180.00 a year instead of $280.00 a year. Also, I am weighing the pros & cons of the new book & the quarterly updates & inserts. I have told TF I am going to quit & write my letter to terminate. Now they are trying to work with me. They do not want to lose me as we filll their orders to perfection & they have no complaints on our shop. If I decide to stay with them a bit longer I am going to do, as bootcampguy says to do, market to the receipients & try harder to gain them as my customer. I need to find a way, tactfully, to get the senders name & info that ordered through TF to try & reach them also as bootcamp guy says to do, (any ideas on how to do that would be greatly appreciated). I have now put a $5.00 coupon on the back of our enclosure cards that goes on all of the orders. We are starting to see a small return on them. I just want to say that where I live people still want to look at a book for ideas. I could continue to use the old book, but I can see the value in a new & updated book with all the cube arrangements & such that people really seem to like. I have to say, that the ONE thing that TF has going for them is their web sites and their pictures. They are top notch! Hard to give that up. Many things to consider! Makes my head hurt!!!!

Yup, 180 a year, that is what I get for doing math in my head before my second cup of coffee...who am I kidding, math in my head at all any time of day is a disater waiting to happen...

Reactions: FANCIES
I have now put a $5.00 coupon on the back of our enclosure cards that goes on all of the orders. We are starting to see a small return on them. I just want to say that where I live people still want to look at a book for ideas......... Many things to consider! Makes my head hurt!!!!

I applaude you on your efforts and that will work. One week after the order or holiday I send all dot.com and internet (OG) orders a postcard or letter from my store, just to remind them again of our store and offer a discount to the "sender" of the flowers. It reads it was a "pleasure serving you and now we want to serve your family and freinds". I include a 2 business cards and also another discount coupon. I drive as much traffic as I can to the website. Each order can have 2, 3 or 4 potential accounts. Really read those orders, tons of information in them.............then add them to your mailing lists.

The only folks asking to 'see a book' are over 50. ;) We use our site our 'our book' and it works great. For holidays and prom we print a menu and have it on the counters for walk-ins.

I DO like the idea of going through Ritz or one of the other services, though....

Just to chime in about the cost of a WS book - it takes a ton of resources to produce one. For every flower you see, there are 10-20 that get trashed. Think of all the people it takes to plan, shoot, organize, cost out, order flowers & containers, design, write descriptions, produce pricing CDs, print and ship one of those catalogs. The investment is immense.

At $400, if you use it for 7 years, your cost is .16 a day - and most florists would have no website, no visual selling tools without it. You'd get licensing for about 16 high quality (printable) images from a photo service for the same price - and still have to write your own descriptions.

Is it only $400, or is it an additional $1255.80 that they collect over the next 7 years ($14.95/month x 84 months).

Suddenly it's not so cheap anymore, or am I reading this wrong?

Is it only $400, or is it an additional $1255.80 that they collect over the next 7 years ($14.95/month x 84 months).

Nope you are reading that one right, but there is no time limit on this, we will get add in pages every few months...The book is totally waterproof and virtually indestructable so they claim....The last book we had for not sure but maybe 7-10 years, I do remeber when it came out and I have had my shop for 5 and I was managing the last shop...so I bet they will attempt to make this one just roll over time and tell us to eliminate pages when they no longer want them..not sure..

I did have someone email me recently saying it was $14.95 per quarter, not per month. That would make it more reasonable at $418.60 per seven years.

A fee of $14.99 (including shipping) for the new FSG Update/Marketing Kits will be billed on an ongoing monthly basis beginning on the January statement (arrives February, 10 2011).

Looks like it's going to be per month.

I'm still trying to figure out where to get that $14.99 a month from.

You know what.

I thinks it's time to take my $465.00 a month and use it for my business.

I thought I read per quarter, then I read the info again and it is per month...

Reactions: theRKF
.I do hope they stop producing so many new web bokays....it is dizzying to keep up with...however it does give us some value for that 14.99 a month if you use the darn things...

Lori - you're right about web-only bouquets. We've committed to cutting the web-only stuff and so those new pages will
completely replace the web catalogs. And those new pages should fit seamlessly into the book, so you can remove old pages, insert new pages and keep the book fresh for years.

We're of the mind that, no, there won't be another one-time outlay of this magnitude again for an FSG. Obviously, we can't know what's going to happen in the future (I can't commit to saying there will never be another Teleflora FSG) but we're certainly setting up things so that's the direction everything is aiming.

I'm just curious...what do you consider a fair price for this catalog? Florists love to @@@@@ and moan. Not one person on this thread stated what they would consider to be a justified price.

I can't wait for the new catalog to arrive. The current catalog is so outdated and my workbook is in a million pieces, torn pages, missing pages, pages we can't read! Best thing TF did was make the new workbook waterproof! But...is it designer proof? My customers (all ages) like flipping through the catalog and I believe it is a necessary tool for all florists, regardless of the other printed books you create on your own.

I think it's a fair price. My only complaint is the book was supposed to be finished and distributed in September, which would have been purrrfect timing. Now it's a scramble to price and add the images to my website before the holidays. I don't believe in complaining...it will be top priority when it arrives and I welcome the catalog's arrival.

As to your comment about fair pricing Dianne, I think Shannon and perhaps a few others DID comment that this seemed like a fair price. I paid $300 for my blooment book which I used for two years, and flowershop network I believe has one for around $350-$400. I think Lori was astonished because the book she has had already been purchased before she bought her shop and so she really just had no idea.

So, just my two cents, it seems like a fair price to me.

As to your comment about fair pricing Dianne, I think Shannon and perhaps a few others DID comment that this seemed like a fair price. I paid $300 for my blooment book which I used for two years, and flowershop network I believe has one for around $350-$400. I think Lori was astonished because the book she has had already been purchased before she bought her shop and so she really just had no idea.

So, just my two cents, it seems like a fair price to me.

Then...I stand corrected! My comments were directed to those who thought the price was excessive.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
My astonishment came as such a shock because of the timeing of such a large price, I am sure the book is totally worth the money, TF needed one...I was also mad about the way they were pushing us the containers sight unseen of the book...and the delivery date of the book....There was a whole lot of holy crap in my statement...I am just strating to pull out of financial hardship from the past year and then this, when my calanders ship and my product for the busy season and this and that...just timing stunk...

I also hope that it is as good as they say...I hope the pictures are really pretty, I hope they are very designer and not all that low cube chop and drop anybody can do this crap that the web cataolgs are all about and I hope they made the pricing cd easier to use and I hope that the website will keep our settings instead of do automatic roll outs to back up and return everything to default for us to remaneuver...I really do hope that is all included in my 400+ 14.99 a month for the rest of my membership....so Dianne to answer your question, with all of that frustration happening no price would have been goo, I was expecting 250.00, I have never had to buy a tf book, I think my bloomnet book was 300 and I was shocked about that, but it was better than the online catalog that I had...so I accepted it and it didn't come with all that other stuff...

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Well, I must say that the pictures as always are pretty...and they are very saleable arrangements, simple but saleable...

how many of you ladies blow a hundred and fifty to two hundred bucks on a mani-pedi-perm??...ummmm, name me the value of THAT??

not me....get a pedi 1-2 times a year, can't be bothered with mani because it get ruined in 5 minutes, hair is natural, get a haircut every 6-8 weeks...The one luxury I get myself every 4-5 years is a leather coach bag, I buy at the coach outlet with a 30% off coupon and get 450.00 worth for about 200.00 and it lasts me 4-5 years before I seek out a new one...I am a very simple girl, no minolo blaniks for me, no designer dudus, very rarely don't buy off the clearance rack...I am not cheap, but choosing to be a florist in Boston area has made me frugal....my friends have all out paced me by $15-20.00 an hour even when I held a job..now that I own a shop, I don't even try to keep up...even an occasional dinner out and movie is sometimes hard right now...so 400.00 for a darn book is a whole lot of wedding marketing that could be affording me to put into MY business not TF....see where my shock and anger lies...TF sure wasn't thinking about my pockets when they came up with this idea, there were thinking it was affordable from their pockets....because 400.00 ain't nothin to them....