wire services and quality etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarb

Oct 31, 2002
Northern CA
State / Prov
California
I just found out that the only shop in the next town from us was dropped from TF due to fact that it is a real dump. Or so rumor has it anyway. This shop is a real embarrassment to the industry. It was also recently picked up by FTD. I have had an ongoing complaint with FTD about the fact that we are paying quality assurance fees and yet a shop like this exists. The shop is filthy, reeks of cigarette smoke, has dead plants in the showroom, is closed more often than not, including Mothers day weekend and does not even have a delivery van. They deliver in this old piece of junk car that does not even have air conditioning.
However, they are good enough to carry the FTD logo on their front door.

Really makes you wonder some times..

Jim

FTD signs up new members over the phone. They have a list and just start calling. Quality inspections happen sometime in the future, when the FSR is in the area.

I'm happy to see TF showing some backbone in this area. I'm less than happy with their standards, but at least they never boast of having them (or bill for QA).

Reactions: 1 person
would that be the shop that looks like a garbage dump!!! i was sent the photo and couldnt beleive my eyes. In my wildest dreams wouldn't be caught dead even trying to get in there let alone order flowers ... if any one wants the pic i can get it for them.. its unreal .. Joanne

Sad BUT true...

Sadly it seems the allmighty dollar is more important that the QUALITY of the shop paying the dollars....

For ME, this has been a bone of contention with FTD for some time, and is an item I mention EVERY chance I get....

I can only hope they decide the the "LOOK" of the "Brand/logo" is more important than the dollars these shops pay. I would also venture to guess, many of these shops, got in for the low ball membership fee, there again, making numbers and dollars look more important than QUALITY !

WAKE UP.....FTD !:mad:

would that be the shop that looks like a garbage dump!!! i was sent the photo and couldnt beleive my eyes. In my wildest dreams wouldn't be caught dead even trying to get in there let alone order flowers ... if any one wants the pic i can get it for them.. its unreal .. Joanne

Joanne,

Perhaps you could post the picture here? Either that or email it to me here.

Got it.

FTD60-6905.jpg

Can anyone verify this is really an FTD shop?

that's not the one near me, although

The one near hear does not look a whole lot better.

Can you believe that picture? I did hear that there was an FTD shop over by Sacramento which is east of us that was in someones garage. Maybe that is what this picture is from?

I guess this sort of thing is to be expected when shops are being solicited and signed up over the phone. When we signed up for TF the TF rep came to
our shop which was being built at the time and had us fill out the paper work, so at least he knew what our shop was going to look like.

Jim

Joanne said she was sent the photo but is anyone absolutely sure that the photo is the actual address of where the alledged FTD member is? I could shoot a photo of my neighbors garage and then say this is a FTD store. Joanne - how did you get the photo?

Photo

Looks like it could be from anywhere...not saying its not a shop, but nothing at all looks like anything associated with a florist...buckets, cut flower boxes..etc...

Get me an address, and I'll find out for sure !! TODAY !

And if in fact it is, I will take the photo to DG with me next week !

All my best

I used a computer mapping program that I have and entered in their street address...it looks as though the address is located on a business street with other stores around it. The photo looks like a residential neighborhood.

Garage

Info sent to be researched....

Should hear something in a day or so...

that's the one

Our TF rep was proudly displaying on his computer at the last TF show - a real credit to FTD and I DO see them in my directory of FTD shops. Wonder how long this one willl last - THO- maybe, just MAYBE - it's fullfillment center for incoming wires only?

Giving them the benefit of doubt? If that IS so (I ain't saying it is) - there's a "possibility" that they may do great work. That's been predicted for a long time that shops that live for incoming ("fullfillment centers" don't NEED retail shops to work out of, any warehouse (or garage) will do, as long as they have adequate equipment.

OR are they under construction? That big concrete slab LOOKS like perhaps the foundation for a building about to go up, not a driveway to me. And the bricks and plywood add to that thought.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

MY PLACE...looked like hell too!!...

when it was under construction, IF this is what this is!!
I DO NOT condone the look, I DO UNDERSTAND, if this is the case.
I did a search, this does NOT look like the business area that the named business supposedly is in, BUT, it sure does look like it's boarded off for a reason, and SHOULD THIS BE THE SHOP IN QUESTION, I would question TF's intent on this exposure.
ESPECIALLY WHEN the owners are doing the building AND running the business, at the same time, I UNDERSTAND!
Confirm FIRST, accuse SECOND, yank membership THIRD!
Mike

Re: Garage

Originally posted by BOSS
Info sent to be researched....

Should hear something in a day or so...

Any news yet, BOSS?

I fired a copy of this picture off to Aaron Csorba at FTD - he told me he would have someone look into it ASAP. If it's like anything else Aaron looks into, we should know soon.

interesting how we have never heard another word about this shop..... Suppose there is a reason?

Jim

Oh MAAAAaaarrrrrkkkk? What do you know?
What have you heard?

What have your sources revealed???

<cue the tumbleweeds and/or crickets>

Not a word....

SAd to say, would lead me to believe the worst....

I'll ask again....BUT don't hold your breath...

Status
Not open for further replies.