Working late, one CD, what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringCity

May 19, 2008
Milwaukee
State / Prov
WI
Yeah I know cd's are so 2002 but anyway say you had a big wedding or 3 and could only listen to one cd, which one?

For years has been The Myth of Red by Sasha Lazard. I need her to come out with some new stuff! (Sasha + Shawna that came out recently is just ok)

Whats your favorite music to design to?

Late night, little goofy & slaphappy - the soundtrack to Pracitical Magic. Fun fun fun, and great to sing along to.

I just learned how ipods work, so I'm right there with 'ya in 2002 :>

Ozzie.....

Reactions: Mac and SpringCity
In reality, it depends on the type of designing I am doing and the mood I want to create with the flowers.

If I want something light, happy, fun, youthful......then I might listen to a compilation of kids songs.......or even something like an old disney song,

Then again, I may be working on a funeral and need to convey a dignified presentation...... I might cloose something rythymical and classical....something like a Bach composition,

If my spirit is withering and tiring, then I might select something energetic.....like a club dance mix,

Point is - Your music that you listen to can have a direct impact on the feel, composition, mindset, and overall feeling of your design.

If it is late night and I'm working on weddings by myself like I was tonight, I flip my computer screen around and watch sitcoms or movies on www.fancast.com Movies (even though I rarely really watch them) make the time go so much faster than music.

That reminds me, one time I did a wedding that took 4 episodes of Sex and the City to make.
lol

I also like to listen to This American Life or Radio Lab while doing weddings. Today I only stayed about an hour after close so I just listened to some tune-age.

I always like to listen to my "Fleetwood Mac" station on pandora, or my "Elton John" station or my "Michael Jackson" station Most recently, I like Raul Malo too, I saw him on Letterman or Leno, can't remember which one.

I can't pick one Cd....And what's an ipod? Good grief, I just barely got a digital camera last year, and my first mobile phone that takes pics this year....
sheesh!

If i HAD to choose it would be Supertramp really really loud to work to. I love Pink Floyd but really would want to sit down with a jack daniels so no good to work with..

But just think of how creative that design may be? :paintplus

Reactions: Palms
I agree with Ricky-would sort of depend on what I'm working on but....

Maybe the Dixie Chicks Home or....
U2 Achtung Baby or....
Mama Mia soundrack or....
Wicked soundtrack (toss, toss) or....
old Bruce-Greetings from Asbury Park....
or old Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes (oh, that's right, there is no NEW Southside Johnny!)....

obviously, I can't pick!

P.S. I have been known to play lots of Christmas music as early as Sept. I LOVE Christmas music!

There is an easy fix for the one CD dilema (I've done it). I had a friend burn me one with many of my favourites from all genres. :)

V

There is an easy fix for the one CD dilema (I've done it). I had a friend burn me one with many of my favourites from all genres. :)

V

when my son was in HS he burned a cd of all these cool artist he had discovered.

Procol Harum, Deep Purple, Clapton, BTO, Stones, CSN & Y, ELP, CCR, Blue Oyster Cult, and CREAM.

With a little Doors and the Almand Brothers.

good son :)

Sandy, You aren't the only one who loves Christmas and Holiday music. In fact, if I am wanting to work on holiday decorations and have trouble getting started.....getting motivated......let me put on some good classic Christms music.......and pretty soon, I am raring to go and designing away.

Kristine... good son indeed. He has really good taste. ;) Love love love Procol Harum (Whiter Shade of Pale, mmmmmmmm)

V

Sandy, You aren't the only one who loves Christmas and Holiday music. In fact, if I am wanting to work on holiday decorations and have trouble getting started.....getting motivated......let me put on some good classic Christms music.......and pretty soon, I am raring to go and designing away.

I always break out the Christmas music when we start doing our holiday displays in Oct. It's always before Halloween and so it takes a little bit to "get in the mood"! What are your favs? Some of mine are:

Barenaked Holiday
Soundtrack from Elf (never get tired of that one!)
all the Manheim Steamroller
all the Very Special Christmas versions
classics like Bing Crosby singing White Christmas
Swing and Jazz versions of Classic Chistmas tunes
and tons more

Status
Not open for further replies.