Ya just never know what people will like until you try!

shannonlovesflowers

Oct 16, 2007
Albuquerque
State / Prov
New Mexico
Had a very successful wedding Expo yesterday.

I knew Albuquerque women like bling, so I made some bouquets with bling. But the last bouquet I made was on a whim. I knew I wanted to use those crazy blue dyed dendros because all week long women would com into the shop and see them and say "Oh those are so pretty."
OK. cool.

Wasn't really sure what I was going to do and I say the bouquet just kind of evolved as I went along.
I love winging it, it's like something takes over and the result is always interesting. When I won the bouquet contest in 2007, it was the same thing, had no clue where the design was going until it was done.
Below is the pic of my crazy blue orchid bouquet. One lady said "It looks like that movie Avatar." So now it's my Avatar bouquet... This bouquet was a BIG hit! Honestly, I didn't think it would be.
But they loved it. We had a tiny little 10x10 booth. I only made 10 bridal bouquets and 3 arrangements. All the other florists had bazillions of stuff...One booth was like 30'x 50',it was huge.
I heard over and over and over and over..."I love your stuff, It's so different."
We didn't have a register to win a anything at our booth. But we did ask brides if they would like us to contact them for a consultation to sign up. I wanted real leads. I didn't want a bunch of brides signing up just to win something. We will get "the list" of all the brides that pre registered.
900 brides pre registered for the expo. I think we saw maybe 300 brides in 4.5 hours. There was no way we could have seen 900....127 brides signed up for me to contact them. I seriously teared up as I counted all the brides who signed up for a consultation with out "registering to win_____"
We were the smallest littlest Floral booth at the expo. But we were a BIG hit. I'm so happy!

And here's some pics of other stuff I did. It was a lot of fun to get away from nuts and berries and get to do rhinestones, bling and pearls.

Attachments

• 100_2629.jpg
    100_2629.jpg
    770.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_2611.jpg
    100_2611.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_2580.jpg
    100_2580.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_2643.jpg
    100_2643.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_2591.jpg
    100_2591.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 98
Shannon.... Love the Rhinesones down the Calla's... I think that I am going to have to borrow that... Did you just use those stick on rhinestones??

The bouquets are lovely and the Avtrar one is fun. It is great to be the different florist at a show. I hear that all the time with my bouquets. Anyone can do a rose roundy moundy!

Reactions: shannonlovesflowers
I'm so happy for you that the show was a success - love the yellow calla bouquet ! I'm hoping to get a bride that loves bling cause there are so many products out there that I'd love to try. I use a lot of bling in my grad work - even the guys like things like crystal sprays and hearts!
Emily

yep, just stick on bling.

The red and white bouquet has more "blings" that I strung on bullion wire. You can barely see them in the pic. But man they were very sparkley at the show under lights!!

I have more pics that I will post when I get home. I made a pretty one with pearls that was very popular with brides in their late 30's and 40's. They didn't care too much for the "Avatar" bouquet. That one was popular with Brides under 30.

Well, i guess it is appropriate that your wedding show took off...........because I am sure it is the photography angle responsible, but your red and white bouquet looks likes it sprouted two wings and is ready to take the shop to dazzeling heights.

Great job Shannon.......You go GIRL !!!

Well, i guess it is appropriate that your wedding show took off...........because I am sure it is the photography angle responsible, but your red and white bouquet looks likes it sprouted two wings and is ready to take the shop to dazzeling heights.

Great job Shannon.......You go GIRL !!!

yep,
Sort of... The flowers are not .....ummm, what's the word....smooth???
not a perfect sphere, but done on purpose.

So here's the rest of the bouquets I made. I thought I had made one more, but I can't find it.
It's funny, but that little all white calla job- made it just so brides could see how small callas are in an all calla bouquet, tons of brides loved it.

Attachments

• 100_2624.jpg
    100_2624.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_2640.jpg
    100_2640.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_2595.jpg
    100_2595.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_2604.jpg
    100_2604.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: CHR and LOTAKIDS
And here's what our little modest booth looked like. I call it "the little booth that could"
oh and I guess it was only 9 bouquets.

Attachments

• 100_2663.jpg
    100_2663.jpg
    733.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_2659.jpg
    100_2659.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_2662.jpg
    100_2662.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 40
just goes to prove that wise is far more effective, than volume, and Shannon, hit it bang on.....I guess she's doing my next offspring's wedding!

Hey, is that Delphinium under water?

How'd that work out?

No, it's not under water, but I have done it under water and I considered doing this under water, but it would have been very heavy.

It worked out fine for me before.

Very nice Shannon. Thanks for sharing with us

Just goes to show ya that talent, like cream, rises to the top. Sounds as if you've gone a long way to saving the shop! Lovely job, and thanks for the motivation!