Yet another bride to be story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a brides mom say they didn't need centerpieces but in the next breath ask, "well how much are cut hydrangeas each, we might just put them in our own vases". I'm meeting with her tomorrow and am bracing myself for her to ask, "ok, can we buy those hydrangeas but bring in our vases for you to put them in?" I am sure the concept of labor and and delivery charges will not compute. But that's ok she can do it herself then.

some days I have to bite my tongue so hard it may bleed..just kidding..where do these brides come from anyway..they are just plain rude. I have on an occassion or 2 suggested to a bride that i am simply not comfortable creating her bouquets and I suggest she keep looking....i would not even suggest referrals in this case..knowing what a thankless job it would be... and if it got out her referred her i may not be appreciated.

Reactions: Dee Dee
Robin,
Just finished a wedding consultation during which the bride asked me if she could buy & bring to me her own "tall" pilsner risers, because she didn't think that she should have to pay a rental charge for mine.

I said no, she could not.

I explained it to her this way:

When I deliver your centerpieces, whether on your risers or mine, I am held LIABLE for any damage that might occur, should anything fall, or anyone become injured. Since I know what my product is, and I am insured for it, I am covered. I cannot cover your product, since I have no knowledge of its origin or quality.

(this was going to a very high-end facility, with pp meals generally starting at $100/plate ++++ for a wedding). (and we want to get out of a $500. rental chrge).

Some days, the public is just amazing!!

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.