Yet another bride to be story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are beautiful Joan!!!

I think you did great!! know one has to take that crap!! I hear it over and over from designers they would do funeral work over a wedding any day~

Yes, it's a squirrel. :)

Joan, it's so much better to have the funeral money in hand (gorgeous work by the way) and deal with people who have apparently taste and class, than a pocketful of nothing from a PIA bride who has neither taste, class or manners.

V

Reactions: Iris Eyes
Joan I dont think there is an lack of artistry in the vases .The funeral work is beautiful.Well done and was'nt that easier money -$450 that the lousy 194 from the PITA bride.I've said it before Arrogrance and ignorance are a bad combination and she had too much of both .
Keep smiling :yourock:I always find that calmness and smiling drives them mad ! seems to confuse them .lol
Teresa

Teresa I wish I could dot you... I'll find another way. :) It's definitely and "Irish" thing. ;)

V

Reactions: Palms
Thanks for that Victoria .I dont know about the Irish thing maybe its a florist thing in which case we've all got it ! Yahoo !
Teresa;)

Did you see how those groomsmen dressed? I love that era clothing. I want cloths like that. I know I'm getting older but so what, I love it.

You know something about that wedding? When people are cutting back on flowers, we can still design themes and create funky accents. I love throwing parties, I love parties period!

Reactions: SpringCity
Good going Joan!

I have had 3 (yes three) brides call for July 4th weddings 2009. Telling me that I had to come in with a $200.00 (1 for $300.00) wedding everything included.

Pissed when I didn't meet thier numbers - more pissed when I said I was sorry we wouldn't be doing thier weddings. @@@@ed if you do @@@@ed if you don't

I agree! There seems to suddenly be an epidemic of these unrealistic, demanding gals! I think they are watching too many of those real-life bridezilla shows on tv, the ones who bully and sulk their way into getting what they want, with dad getting an anyeurism over the cost. Suddenly your gal thinks this is the way to go. I got one this week, too- 12 bouts, very specific about design, 12 maids, 10 mom corsages, (huh? ) and the bride with orchids, no less. Let's not forget 15 tables. Her budget? $500. Period. That's the question to ask right off the bat: What's your budget? I asked but she put me off until the end, how dumb was I to not insist before she wasted my time? Oh well. The next bride was a peach, so go figure!

Here is mine for today
"I only want my Bouquet with antique orchids (???) and 14 bout's everything else we got good cheap silks"
My budget can not exceed $125.00 for everything and it will need to be delivered to....( a town 40 min. away)
Um....... my head hurts

Did you see how those groomsmen dressed? I love that era clothing. I want cloths like that. I know I'm getting older but so what, I love it.

You know something about that wedding? When people are cutting back on flowers, we can still design themes and create funky accents. I love throwing parties, I love parties period!

how adorable!!!!! LOVE

Is this a squirrel?:GP[/quote]

It's a Guinea Pig. Greatly annoying squeek but aparently very tasty.

I can't believe some of the budgets that your brides are wanting you to work for. I would show them the door and wish them good look finding a mug to do the job for them. I know we in the UK get some brides wanting alot for a small budget but I haven't come across any quite sooooo cheeky yet. Yes I do get asked to tweek budgets but I tell them I can reduce the cost but I choose the flowers not them. They either take it or leave it. I have just had to reduce a budget by £80.00 for a bride but I will total change the flowers choice and my Bride has been fine with it. Her budget was £400.00. She contacted me in a panic 2 weeks ago for a wedding two days before Mothers' Day on 20th March. ( She was really unhappy with her florist recommended by her wedding planner). Then she got shingles and was contagous so I only got to see her for a proper consultation the end of last week. I wanted to do this wedding as it was a recommendation from a good customer and I have a feeling this will bring in more weddings and work so I have stuck my neck out and done some work for not much more than wholesale price. They are artifical crystal trees. But they are in my shop at the moment and are a really talking point and creating a buzz. I know I shouldn't do this but I'm not lossing money and making a decent profit on the rest of the wedding. And the best thing is she has come in today and paid, haven't had to resend any adjustment invoices out or more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.