Status
Not open for further replies.

joanne

Oct 31, 2002
dunnville ontario canada
www.heathertonsflorist.com
State / Prov
ont
Our gas price this am went from .91 cents a litre to $2.00/ litre. This is insane. People were lined up at pumps and were told they wouldn't make it in time as in 2 more minutes the price was changing. Funny though still the same gas in the tanks ,not new stuffed shipped in that am, somehow this just dosen't seem fair

Joanne

We were advised a couple of hours ago by our petroleum pricing regulation office 65 cents at midnight using the 5 day interruption formula , I just spend 30 minutes lined up to get my tank filled, its insane , looks like the oil embargo days of the 70's , one lane on either side of the road waiting to get . Can only imagine how nuts it will be later when most people get off work.

Oh guys :( my heart goes out to you. This is horible news indeed.

I know what you mean
I pulled into a gas station on my motorcycle, told the guy to give me $5 worth of gas.

He farted, took my five and walked away!

Pure Robbery

Again over here there rumours that in Windsor it started at $2.00 a litre...Both gas station has been lined up since this AM....
Rumours and price gouging because of hurricane Rita,

Luc

Good one Bloomz!!!

Still $2.61 here, although the half hour wait to fill up is about right....

Not really worried about gasoline here "Up North"...Missuagain gets about 30% of our Natural Gas from Houston...they are already ppredicting a 75% increase for this winter.

Thing that get's me (and in a sick way intrigues me) is that every report I have read at www.weather2000.com and www.acuweather.com point to this being the beginning of the next 30 year trend, comparing this trend to the 1940's to 1970' that included Camile in 1969. So since we can assume the experts know what they are talking about, we should expect this trend to continue for the next 10-15 years...or more....

Sad News!!!

It's only going higher...there are 21 refineries here in the Texas coast area.
Nine of those facilities, representing 12 per cent of U.S. refinery capacity have already closed. Most of the others have closed down or atleast gone to a skelton crew with little output.

Assuming no damage, it will take one week to ten days for these refineries to restart and reach full production.

Damage from Hurricane Katrina has caused shortage of refining capacity and has already pushed up prices. (Four refineries hit by Katrina are still out of action) If there's damage at BP PLC's (Texas City refinery), Marathon Oil Corp (Texas City refinery), Shell Oil's (Houston refinery). Exxon Mobil (Baytown refinery), Exxon Mobil (Beaumont refinery), then the USA and Canadian are going to have an oil and gas heart attack (that will include jet fuel and diesel also)...

While the prices spiked all over the place yesterday, they remained steady at 96. something here. Today they are hovering between 1.00 and 1.05.

V

Filled up at midnight for 95 cents a litre, yet an hour west and east of us today it was 2.00?? This is nuts! That is about $7.00 US?? a gallon! It is going to be a tough winter for everyone, but at least I have a roof over my head and no worries like the poor citizens in the gulf coast states.

Missy said:
Filled up at midnight for 95 cents a litre, yet an hour west and east of us today it was 2.00?? This is nuts! That is about $7.00 US?? a gallon! It is going to be a tough winter for everyone, but at least I have a roof over my head and no worries like the poor citizens in the gulf coast states.

Hi Missy:

Yeah, Chatham went a bit nuts... of course the people waiting in line to pay 1.79/litre, when other stations in the city, were around the dollar mark, were even more nuts. One looney toon said, "The line was too long", when asked why she was willing to pay the high price. Sometimes people deserve what they get.

Man, tonight I needed pontoons to get home! Oxford St. was a lake!

V

Can't see how this increase is any way justified , especially in Canada our gas is refiined in Montreal and Saint John NB. and in Come By Chance , 1000's of miles away from the gulf . Maybe Bush will impose the same profiteering taxes imposed during WWII that kept these multinational comclomerates from taking excess profits during times of national crisis, now that would be something he actually could do for the common person, instead of brown nosing to the pockets of the likes of Haliburton .

sunny said:
Maybe Bush will impose the same profiteering taxes imposed during WWII that kept these multinational comclomerates from taking excess profits during times of national crisis,

Not holding my breath here....it would cost him too much personally...remember he can not run for Prez again so nothing to gain...

This might help explain

Status
Not open for further replies.