Not open for further replies.

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
You know your business has arrived when a consumer starts to type in your company name and Google completes it and includes a link to your site in the auto-complete!

Never seen this one before. Go to the Google home page and start typing in 'Oberers' and see what I mean.

Wow!

I've tried to replicate it with other florists and only found McShan's, Walter Knoll & Bachmans to get the same treatment. No doubt there are others, but some notables have yet to meet that bar.

IMO this will take 2 elements to acheive:

1) A whole lot - and I mean *a lot* of people are looking for your company by name.
2) You only have 1 website so G knows it's it.

Very, very cool.

no doubt very very cool.

I want for my name to pop up on a google search when people start to type in
"S-H-A....
And then it says Shannon Conner Floral Stylist

he he he.....

Saweet! I think I have arrived then!

Thanks for pointing that out.

I found a few others - Ballard Blossoms - Rothe Florist (put in Phil), Kremp, Breens, Heroman, I'm guessing many of the larger florists?

I think you primarily need a unique name without a lot of others sharing the same words?

Reactions: theRKF

Thanks for pointing that out.

I found a few others - Ballard Blossoms - Rothe Florist (put in Phil), Kremp, Breens, Heroman, I'm guessing many of the larger florists?

I think you primarily need a unique name without a lot of others sharing the same words?

Woot! Me too, have to get as far as "hanging bask" though, but it is sweet to see that for my little shop.

Reactions: bloomz

I'm guessing many of the larger florists?

Mine pops at Smiths fl (top link)

(no shown link, but I am liking the 65,000 results for my shop name in Da Goog)

How bout from your end Jon???

Cool! For which query?

Ballard shows from here, but not Rothe, Kremp, Breens or Heromans. I do get their names as auto-completes, but there are no direct links to their sites straight from the query bar.

Did spot Kuhn's, though.

I love it when I'm beat by someone who has added an "S" to my web address.
I'm sorry Sir....but...

Dragonflyevent was created on 06-27-05

DragonflyeventS was created on 09-14-01

Seems you have their domain ;)

thanks Cathy! you made my day.

I guess I've arrived, I pop up #1 and even before our school system and we both have the same first name. :)

I think there may be some confusion as to what Cathy is referring to. Some results not only drop down a search result, but also a link in the drop down window itself. See below:

googlelink.jpg

....make sure you do a disk clean or run ccleaner to get a true reading
of the google results. Seems alot of my past seaches pop up. If you
have a google acct it would probably help to sign out from your acct.
You want to get an unbiased reading right?

lol - you can run all the disk cleaners you like, but that won't save you from Google's personalized search.

You can log out of all Google accounts, use a the pws=0 command at the end of the query string and even then you'll still get somewhat personalized results.

Ryan

Does it still count if I type in most of my shop name? If so, I'm in too!! jenny

It only counts if the auto complete includes a link. It will auto complete most shop's names, the link is the key. You can see an image of this in my previous post.

Reactions: goldfish
lol - you can run all the disk cleaners you like, but that won't save you from Google's personalized search.

You can log out of all Google accounts, use a the pws=0 command at the end of the query string and even then you'll still get somewhat personalized results.

Ryan
True enough, although I haven't looked at the sites from Walter Knoll, Bachman's or Kuhn's for quite a long time so I believe the auto-complete links have zero to do with my own personalized search.

Reactions: LJVF
True enough, although I haven't looked at the sites from Walter Knoll, Bachman's or Kuhn's for quite a long time so I believe the auto-complete links have zero to do with my own personalized search.

I agree with you. I have never done a search for "Sears" and Google auto completed with a link.

I agree with you. I have never done a search for "Sears" and Google auto completed with a link.
The autocomplete is based on Google's entire search volume.

What does or does not get a link, and possibly some priority within the autosuggest can be based on your history.

Personalization is most easily spotted within the organic SERPS, though it impacts PPC ads as well.

Reactions: LJVF
Status
Not open for further replies.