Announcement AIFD 2009 - Pictures, Pictures, and Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right Carol - although I think the user name is Antherian rather than Anthurium ( I could be incorrect of course )

President's Ball-Final Night Flowers to Wear

Ok - I have talked about how elaborate the final night flowers worn by attendees can get - This is just a small sample of some of the styles.

The first picture - 2009 AIFD 00392 was taken on my hotel room pillow - three designs I made for myself and friends. - the one I wore used the equisetum in a trellis shape with swirled chartruese wire glued on top of that, then purple dendros glued on top of the wire, chartruese amaranthus for movement, and faux jewels in the throats of the orchids.

2009 AIFD 00424 shows a posy bouquet carried by Kelly Harnish AIFD

2009 AIFD 00433 is the boutonierre worn by my good friend Dov E. Kupfer AIFD

2009 AIFD 00426 is a boutonierre with succulents and jewels worn by my friend Bill Shaffer AIFD

200 AIFD 00455 are two gentlemen who were with the always large Korean contingent.

-------------------

Why is there a large Korean contingent at AIFD - Well, Outside the United States - Korea boast the most AIFD members of any country in the world.

Attachments

• 2009 AIFD - 00392.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00392.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2009 AIFD - 00424.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00424.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2009 AIFD - 00433.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00433.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2009 AIFD - 00426.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00426.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2009 AIFD - 00455.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00455.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 32
I believe that is Ian from Idaho who is Anthurium on Flower chat.

Carol Bice

Yay! Carol gets the prize! He's the one that I was thinking of, didn't know there was another Ian!

Thanks for the pics Rick! Love the flower jewelry, so cool!

I'm off to view the new ones!

Trish

Ricky designed corsages for Twila and I for the President's Ball and they were outstanding. Thanks, Ricky,

Carol Bice

Reactions: Twila
Thanks ever so much for the help - I went back to edit the post to add his name and I can no longer edit - So, I can either re-post with photos and corrections or get Cathy to make the change for me.

Some of the Napkin holder/ring designs.

This is just a small sampling of the designs created by the students of the SAIFD chapters during the student design competition. Our own Cherrie is in charge of that with Scott Awad AIFD.

Cherrie asked me quite a while ago to be one of the judges and I just cannot say no to Cherrie.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyway - the creativity exhibited was STUNNING to say the least......Not one judge, monitor, organizer, or passerby was not in AWE of the creativity shown by these talented young individuals.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the creativity.

Attachments

• 2009 AIFD - 00074.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00074.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2009 AIFD - 00091.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00091.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2009 AIFD - 00568.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00568.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2009 AIFD - 00572.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00572.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2009 AIFD - 00575.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00575.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: SpringCity
Now, For my friend Connie - Knowing how much you LOVE Kevin Yvilsaker AIFD, You will want to get the DVD of his program " It Ain't your Mama's Color Wheel "

Totally un-PC, Loads of fun, lots of laghter, incredible designs, and such fun irreverence that only Kevin could have pulled it off.

Now, For my friend Connie - Knowing how much you LOVE Kevin Yvilsaker AIFD, You will want to get the DVD of his program " It Ain't your Mama's Color Wheel "

Totally un-PC, Loads of fun, lots of laghter, incredible designs, and such fun irreverence that only Kevin could have pulled it off.

Kevin presented one of the all time fun programs. His sense of humor cannot be matched. The DVD is well worth the investment. Besides being so entertaining, it had some great information and design work.
I recommend this tape.

Carol Bice

AIFD shows

Derreck Vasquez presented the best wedding program I have ever seen. It was so professional from the gorgeous designer gowns, to the fabulous bouquets. The DVD will be good, but, it is not possible to capture the total ambiance of that wonderful show.

There were no bad or mediorcre shows at all, so, any DVD should be well worth the money.

Also, thanks Ricky for doing such a grand job with all the photos.

Carol Bice

Carol's right on about this.....invariably, there is usually at least one program at National symposium that will move one to tears......This one presented by Derrick Vasquez and Lori Novak is no exception. I can truly say this this was a design program that stirred the soul.

Thanks Carol for the compliment about the photos - My one regret is that because of the scheduling and volunteer efforts I had undertaken is that I was not able to get pictures of the work presented by Kevin before it was dismantled.

Kevin rocks my world. One of my all time favs.

Reactions: Carol Bice
The single most incredible peice of floral art in my opinion.

The pictures in this posting show what was in my opinion the single most incredible peice of floral art showcased during the enture symposium.....created by Coby Neal AIFD and our very own Beth O'Reilly AIFD.

This was a calla tower like nothing I have ever seen before. The closeup of the red center ring had roses, anthurium, and other red flowers.

In the picture labeled 2009 AIFD- 00263, that is my good friend Brooke from Florida standing beside the design to show just how large this design is.

Attachments

• 2009 AIFD - 00230.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00230.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2009 AIFD - 00257.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00257.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 16
  • 2009 AIFD - 00235.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00235.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 2009 AIFD - 00263.jpg
    2009 AIFD - 00263.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 20
Ian is "antherian" on FC and from Idaho Falls. I had a couple chances to visit with him. I really enjoyed meeting him as well as everyone else in KC.

Ricky, thanks so much for your efforts and for the special boka I held for the last night! you are awesome!!!

Also, I had a couple great roommates!!! Carol Bice asked me to room with her and she brought her good friend, Joan. We were like 3 teenagers at a slumber party. We didn't have enough sense to get the sleep that we needed, but did we ever enjoy each other's company! I'm still trying to catch up on sleep....lol

Could not re-load the same image, but in the grouping of pictures that shows the assembled FC members present at the President's ball....You can see the corsage and bouquet I created for Twila and Carol.

Twila's was a small hand-tied of 2 burgundy mini-callas, 1 yellow pincushion, 1 stem hypericum, collared with galax and encircled with lily grass and cascading amaranthus. To wrap the handle, I took a green sequin wristlet, cut it apart so it made one long strip and wrapped the stems with that and used the green lomey diamonte pins to hold the wrapping.

Carol's corsage was a twisted, elongated swirl of pale blue oasis aluminum wire, accented by a swirl of copper colored aluminum wire, craspedia threaded onto lime green decorative wire and then wrapped around the wire form and accents of royal blue rhinestone sprays were twisted into the design.

The piece Rick did for Twila reminds me of an AIFD class I took and he did a more designed type of hand tie, I'm thinking about offering something similar for brides maid bouquets, less flowers than the traditional hand tie, more affordable for the girls. Doing something along that line this week already, Thursday wedding even.

Trish

I did not get a picture of it....but the boutonierre I had worn on induction night was a smaller version of the corsage I had made for Carol.

A funny little story about it......Dov Kupfer and I were in the workroom selecting a few flowers to make our bouts and when I picked out the craspedia ( commonly known as billy balls ), Dov says "Are you going to use billy balls" - to which I replied "Yeah....Well.....I always said I had the balls to pull crazy stunts"

He just shook his head and we both busted out laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.