andaATTF Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

andaATTF

Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
State / Prov
CA
I work for Teleflora and we have been in business for 75 years. I work in the marketing team and love to hear 1st hand from florists really about anything - from what is happening in their local communities to what issues do florists face today. Of course I would love to know how Teleflora can help as we are the ONLY 100% hand-arranged, hand-delivered florist network in the industry. Teleflora is dedicated to creating sales through innovative marketing, merchandising, and technology. We work hand in hand with florists to make sure they have the tools to grow their business profitably and sustainably.

Reactions: 5 people
Who referred you to Flowerchat?? (not an inquisition, just wondering)

Welcome, Anda......I hope you post as much and as worthwhile as Nicole does. If you really, really want to know what your Teleflora members are thinking... you WILL read much ~ post often. (from a TF member who is no longer)

Reactions: andaATTF
Just a word of caution......sometimes the policies, actions, business practices of the Wire Services are called into question.......As a representative of Teleflora.....are you in a position to answer them?

Reactions: KC Iek
Oh, Boy, as a TF member, I could/would like to share a lot of what's happening with the small retailer, if I could only get my sales rep to even call me back when I leave her a message. Briefly though, I feel that we, as a small shop in a small town, are being "fee'd" out of being profitable with the wire services. Why should a shop receiving 20-40 orders a month on average have to pay the same membership fee as one who receives 150 orders? And then have to pay a low sending fee for fewer than 20 orders? Maybe I should charge TF for not receiving what they expect me to send ... huh?
Well, now that I got that off my chest, welcome to FC, and hope to have many good, I hope, exchanges with you.

I'm like Eric S. - I want to know TF's position on Proflowers.

I think you might be surprised at the amount of negative feelings towards TF and wire services in general. Hopefully you are thick skinned and can offer some solutions to what is making so many of us quit wire services.

If you can stand the heat, you're welcome in this kitchen.

how long have YOU been with teleflora?

just as a few others have I will warn you there is a lot of not so good feeling on here about wire services.

I do welcome you here, just hope you have thick skin.

I do also hope you post often, don't take personal offense, and read a lot!

welcome.

Hello everyone! I'm apologize for this late response. I didn't realize I got messages...was waiting for some sort of alert. Good thing my friend Nicole notified me.

I am here to answer any of your questions (negative or not). We always love to hear about what florists are thinking. Historically, there hasn't been a great way to get all the comments together. This forum is such a great way for us to communicate!

Please post here or contact me if you have questions. And if I am too slow to respond, I really do apologize. I'm not trying to avoid anything, just getting use to this system. :)

Looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Anda

Reply to Carrieann

how long have YOU been with teleflora?

just as a few others have I will warn you there is a lot of not so good feeling on here about wire services.

I do welcome you here, just hope you have thick skin.

I do also hope you post often, don't take personal offense, and read a lot!

welcome.

Hi Carrieann,

I've been w/ Teleflora for a little over 2 years. HAHA. Yes, I do have thick skin. Feel free to ask me any questions at all.

Anda

Rely to RWK

Just a word of caution......sometimes the policies, actions, business practices of the Wire Services are called into question.......As a representative of Teleflora.....are you in a position to answer them?

Hi RWK,

Yes, I am definitely in a position to answer your questions. If I don't have the answer, I do have access to the team here to answer anything at all. Please feel free to ask.

Anda

Hi RWK,

Yes, I am definitely in a position to answer your questions. If I don't have the answer, I do have access to the team here to answer anything at all. Please feel free to ask.

Anda

That's great news! I really look forward to the members questions and your candid answers. It will really be a big help having you here.

Well, I am going to fire the first salvo as it were.

Teleflora claims that they will not enter into the drop-ship facet of the industry. Yet, they have recently allied themselves with one of the largest drop-shippers....Proflowers.com

Now, If Teleflora was not going to begin drop-shipping, Why would they ally themselves with such a company.

Proflowers as a general rule prefers to ship direct from a grower and to let the recipient arrange the flowers on their own......Is the reason for the alliance to allow Proflowers access to the network to allow them to begin to market arranged flowers at the filling florists expense - Proflowers would capture all that consumer information.......keeping and holding on to delivery fees, transaction fees, and a host of other fees not passed on to the filling florist?

----------------------------------

So, A logical explanation of why Teleflora would choose to ally themselves with such a company.

Reactions: 1 person
Feel free to ask me any questions at all.

Anda

Yes, I am definitely in a position to answer your questions.
Anda
Ok... so....

Riddle me this... Why does Teleflora think, that by partnering with ProFlowers that they are doing a good thing for their florist (paying) members?

This move makes them no different than, and perhaps worse than their two other competitors.

Response to RWK

RWK,

Yes, you raise a great question. Since we are the largest network, other companies often need our services to fulfill orders through our local florists. We see this as a great opportunity to take back these customers for local florists. So yes, Teleflora does from time to time make deals with other companies that may drop-ship, but ONLY to bring orders into the local Teleflora florist network.

Teleflora will not ever send orders to companies that drop-ship and will always stand by our mission of 100% hand-arranged, 100% hand-delivered by local florists.

Anda

Well, I am going to fire the first salvo as it were.

Teleflora claims that they will not enter into the drop-ship facet of the industry. Yet, they have recently allied themselves with one of the largest drop-shippers....Proflowers.com

Now, If Teleflora was not going to begin drop-shipping, Why would they ally themselves with such a company.

Proflowers as a general rule prefers to ship direct from a grower and to let the recipient arrange the flowers on their own......Is the reason for the alliance to allow Proflowers access to the network to allow them to begin to market arranged flowers at the filling florists expense - Proflowers would capture all that consumer information.......keeping and holding on to delivery fees, transaction fees, and a host of other fees not passed on to the filling florist?

----------------------------------

So, A logical explanation of why Teleflora would choose to ally themselves with such a company.

Status
Not open for further replies.