Announcement Bad News -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricky...we KNOW....it's not A mom, it's YOUR mom...we all know how close you were, AND you'll do a SPECTACULAR job on her flowers...you JUST WILL!

Reactions: RWK
Our Condolences, Ricky
Hugh and Jane

As much as I appreciate the votes of confidence on Mom's flowers, to be honest, I don't think I have the strength to do them......so I am entrusting them to a dear friend and a fellow AIFD member.

I thank you for your continued well wishes, your thoughts, your prayers, your words.

I know that even though I am reading words on a screen.....behind those words are real people, real florists, and real friends. You all mean a great deal to me.

Reactions: Dee Dee
While I am in one of my coherent moments, let me pass along the funeral/visitation information, times, and locales.

Her visitation will be held at Thompson's Funeral Home of Lexington on this coming Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Her funeral service will be held Saturday at 11 a.m at our church - The Chapel of Redemption in Lexington, SC
Her commital/interment will be held after the service at Celestial Memorial Gardens in West Columbia, SC.

I don't want this next part to sound crass......but Mom's favorite flowers were Gladiola. She also loves the forma-linear style of Phil's tropical style designs. So, the designer who will be making the spray has a challenge ahead of her combining gladiola with Phil's styling.

You know sitting here on a Wednesday night..........I hope this does not sound bad, but I feel a real need to spend a bit of time in the chatroom talking to ya'll.

Can I see you all there in a few moments?

OH RICKY!!! I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing....
Please know my thoughts are with you and I will be praying for God's strength and peace through every step you take during this time of mourning.

God's blessing you!!!

Karen

A special Thank you to those who met up with me in the FlashChat room yesterday evening. Just being able to talk ( type ) about things helped tremendously.

Dear Sweet Rick, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. We all know what a good son your were and are, and we know how dearly you loved your mom.

I could not do my dad's flowers either. The tears would not stop flowing, and there were so many other details demanding my attention. It's good that you have a good friend who will understand exactly how to arrange this tribute to your beloved mother.

Please, please call me anytime. Drive up and let's have lunch one day.

Know that you are very much in my prayers. My heartfelt sympathy to you, My Friend.

Dear Ricky, I am so sorry to hear of your Moms passing, please know I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and you have my deepest sympathy..
Becky

I am so very very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I know you were very close. You were both so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Lorrie

Huggs and prayers to you and your family. We're all here for you.

from my readings it seems you were blessed spending
a lot of time with your Mom. That is an experience
you will never forget nor regret. She will be with you
until you meet her again in that better place.
Deep breathing like yoga helps clear the mind and
helps you relax. Peace be with you.

Sending you our thoughts and prayers. Dave

Ricky, I am so sorry for the grief you are experiencing now and the loss of your mother. You were both blessed to have such a loving relationship with one another.

so sorry Ricky, from your posts I know that you were close. You have lots of prayers going your way and lots of virtual arms around you too, including mine. Take strength from all of us.
Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.