Announcement Bad News -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Yesterday morning, the full impact of Mom's passing hit me. It was at the funeral home. It was time to go into the room and select her casket. That's when it hit home for me and I lost it. I just could not go in that room for quite a long while.

When I was finally able to go in, we settled on a pretty blush pink casket with cream/pale pink lining. Not the most elaborate, just simple and pretty.

I can't imagine..
Love to you Ricky, I have been thinking about you and sending you my love.

Reactions: RWK
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I know you were very close to her. She will always be with you.

Well, We finally decided on the music to be played for Mom.

Two Spiritual songs and two secular songs.

I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe
Go Rest High on That Mountain - Vince Gill
Place in This World - Michael W. Smith

and at the cemetery - Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home.

Ok.........after you recover from shock of seeing a heavy metal song played at a funeral.......Motley Crue was her favorite rock band of all time. Ever since the first time she heard them......She always went to their concerts when they were in town.......all except for the last one as she was too ill to go.

I told the girls at the shop that your mom had passed.
I told them she must have been something else because she loved Motely Crue, and Vince Neil in paticular (I had remembered you telling me that!) Everyone got a kick out of that.
Your mama made people smile and they never even met her!

Just got in a few moments ago from the funeral service and burial. Our pastor gave a beautiful tribute to our Mom. Then we ate a huge dinner at the church afterward.

Now, comes the hard part.........adjusting to life without her in it.

Don't stop with the prayers, thoughts, meditations. Now, they are needed more than ever as her children now try to adjust and re-build their lives without Mom.

Sorry to hear the bad news my friend. Know that You and your Family are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep the memory of your mother close to your heart and you will get through this!

Hugs,
Your Friend, Dov E. AIFD

Just to let you know I'm thinking of ya, Ellen

Mom's Casket tribute.

I posted a picture of Mom's Casket Spray design in the Funeral Design thread.

It was a gorgeous tribute to a wonderful lady.

You've been on my mind Rick. Know that I am sending hugs your way.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Ricky. I too have been there, and still pick up the phone to call my Dad--two years later. Thoughts and prayers from Palestine.

I am so sorry for your loss, Rick. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Well, Just to keep everyone up to date.........Thanks for all the cards, prayers, and thoughts from all of you. I am adjusting......although I still have my moments of grief.....like this past Saturday - I was puttering about the house doing some work and thinking "What do I want to fix for dinner" ? Without even thinking about it, I walked into Mom's room to ask her what she wanted......then realized, She isn't here....She's sitting at the Lord's table.

THe hard part now is trying to settle Mom's estate. My sister is being greedy and petty......She started harping on probate, and what she was going to get on Monday after the funeral on Saturday. Thankfully, tommorrow is the first business day since Mom's funeral that I have off work.........so I am going to use that time to make some calls and determine what I need to do.

Ricky, this happens often when a parent passes. Keep a level head and do the right thing. Sounds as if your doing your home work.Isn't it a waiting time before probate, or anything can be settled?

Status
Not open for further replies.