Pleasant Ridge
State / Prov
Michigan
http://www.1800inbloom.com, http://www.circleRbrands.com
Established in 1987.
No.
by way of the website http://www.flowersandcents.org
Networking and insights
An audience for our branding and marketing expertise.
Fresh, innovative ideas in branding the floral and gifting industry.
We have our own building on Woodward Avenue in Pleasant Ridge, Michigan.

Is this Susan?

I'm wondering, I read over your site and for the life of me can't figure out your game... are you selling the "intellectual property" 1-800-IN-BLOOM?

Or what?

Welcome! Interesting website. Like Boss, what's the actual service you provide? or market?

I thought of asking "whatchew.all doin' here....?" myself.

From whitepages for phone no. (248) 584-0007 (Susan Murphy):

Icontact Designs Inc
23940 Woodward Ave
Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069-1134

Lip Service Communications
street address not available
Pleasant Ridge, MI

Is this Susan?

I'm wondering, I read over your site and for the life of me can't figure out your game... are you selling the "intellectual property" 1-800-IN-BLOOM?

Or what?
Forgot to add... if you are selling that phone number, I'd be interested!

And if some guy named Bloomz tries to get it... he's a fake, with no flower shop :rofl:

Hi Boss,

I'm sorry to have confused you. To answer your question, yes we are selling our intellectual floral brand marketing properties. The one-of-a-kind BloomService® package offers every memorable revenue-generating channel available for the sale of branded flowers, plants and garden lifestyle products & gifts and the rare global toll-free vanity number 1-800-IN-BLOOM is part of the package.

If you'd like to contact me directly please feel free to email me at: smurphy[at]1800inbloom.com.

Hi Dorothy & Rhonda,

To answer your questions simply, we do it all. Circle®Brands is the brand identity division of an award-winning multi-disciplinary Michigan-based design group that incorporates the specialties of advertising and marketing, public relations, interior design (retailscaping) and music. Our mainstay is the creation of differentiated and compelling brand names, product and service names, taglines, slogans and logos.

Can we have a few more votes on this applicant? They are in limbo at the moment.

Ryan

hmm, maybe if they came back and elaborated a bit more?
Are they more like a "provider of services" (that's what I get)

Yes, Tracy, we are a brand identity company. We create comprehensive brand identities: company names, taglines/slogans, logos, toll-free vanity numbers and concepts for differentiation in a variety of industries. Some of our creative work can be viewed on our company website at Circle®Brands: http://www.circlerbrands.com.

Circle®Brands created and developed Bloomservice® The Floral Majority® at 1-800-IN-BLOOM (and domains) for a forward-thinking floral marketer that is looking for the marketing firepower to compete with the big four (1-800-FLOWERS, FTD, Teleflora, ProFlowers). We thought we might get lucky and come across the "Steve Jobs" of the floral industry amongst the FlowerChat community.

I hope our attempt at clarifying what we we do gives everyone a better understanding of our interest in Flowerchat. Here's wishing you all much success in 2009.

We thought we might get lucky and come across the "Steve Jobs" of the floral industry amongst the FlowerChat community.
Oh he's here, but he's in the FlowerChat witness protection program.:cool:

Steve Jobs like, is a pretty tall order. It all depends on what you want "Steve" to do... take down the Big3 (ProFlowers is a different kind of animal) or work to build them up...the later you will not find here.

Looking for (Steve) Jobs!

LOL! We just knew he was here. Where else would he be while taking time away from Apple?

Of course it is our intention for this "Steve Jobs" to give them all a run for their money! And the BloomService® properties were designed to go a long way toward that goal.

Reactions: 1 person
Is your business set up like a franchise operation or another wire service?
I believe they build up the brand & identity, then sell it to someone looking to make money on the operation side.

Ryan

Is this Susan?

Or what?

They are just selling a marketing package including two trademarks (BloomService, Floral Majority), a telephone number (1-800-IN-BLOOM), a logo, and a whole bunch of domain names (e.g., 1800inbloom.com).

No branding effort has been done. Just those names.

Reactions: Chezbloom
Susan, I have a question.

How were you able to register the two trademarks (BloomService, Floral Majority)?

My understand of trademarks is that USPTO doesn't grant registration of a trademark unless the registrant can show s/he is using it for commercial purposes nationwide. I can't register a whole bunch of trademarks unless I'm actually using them for my business, am I correct?

Since you are not a florist, not using these trademarks for your own business, I wonder how you can register the trademarks under your name.

Thanks.

Hi Dorothy & Rhonda,

To answer your questions simply, we do it all. Circle®Brands is the brand identity division of an award-winning multi-disciplinary Michigan-based design group that incorporates the specialties of advertising and marketing, public relations, interior design (retailscaping) and music. Our mainstay is the creation of differentiated and compelling brand names, product and service names, taglines, slogans and logos.

Too many buzzwords. I vote no. Looks like I'm too late

Fishy. I'm not talking about myself.

Unlike domain names, trademarks can't be "reserved" only for the purpose of selling it later. You must use it for commercial purposes. USPTO makes it very difficult to lock up bunch of unused trademarks.

I looked at the two registered trademarks in question at USPTO website. Their filing status shows "1A" which means that the marks are in use. If their status was so-called "intent for use" application, it should have shown "1B."

From that info, I can conclude the following.

When their lawyer filed the application several years ago, they must have attached some kind of proof showing what was supposed to be the actual use of that mark. A common tactics to do that is to buy a print ad with the mark on it. I believe that's probably what was done.

The Answer Lady

Greetings FlowerChat community. All good questions! I'm impressed.

Let me start by saying Ryan is correct. We created and developed the BloomService® multi-channel brand identity, which consists of the Federally Registered BloomService® brand name and logo, The Floral Majority® Registered tagline, the global, toll-free vanity number 1-800-IN-BLOOM and nine matching domains.

The idea (which was our challenge and inspiration) was to create the ultimate multi-channel brand identity for a floral and gifting marketer that was seeking the marketing firepower to compete head-to-head with "the big four" in the retail arena. And yes, now we're looking for a "visionary" individual or team to make BloomService® the successful reality for which it was designed, that's why we said we were hoping to find the "Steve" or "Stevie!" Jobs of floral herein.

To answer Goldfish's question on "use." Everything you said about trademarks is correct except we do have a current licensee who happens to be a wonderful floral client of ours. In order to maintain a registered trademark you have to have continual use. Our licensee is part of a great mom&pop shop who fulfills orders received, but is content with remaining a small boutique. He is entirely behind our search for a visionary who is thinking BIG as he understands the potential for a person/team with the eye of the tiger.

I hope that explains everything. Thank you for your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.