Bring Back Bloomz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad

Mar 10, 2008
New Hampshire
State / Prov
New Hampshire
I admit I am a bit of a lurker:gossip: here. I do not leave many posts however I do enjoy reading them and have learned quite a bit from them.
One of the strongest personalities on this board was Bloomz and although I did not always agree with everything he said I always took something from his posts. In my mind the board is not at it's full potential without him kind of like Six flags would be without a roller coaster. If my opinion counts for anything please bring back Bloomz. Respectfully- Brad

At the risk of repeating statements and rehashing old news:

Bloomz isn't banned. He isn't blocked. He, like everyone else, is welcome in FlowerChat as long as he agrees to the guidelines of the forum.

Ryan

Uhmmmm - Bloomz is back and has been back......He's thanked a few posts, lurked a little bit himself.......He just has not yet commented on any postings except for the one that Twila posted on his behalf.

yup,
he's just pouting....

There's a lot of pouting that goes on here. Add me to the pouters. Us Alpha types you know. We get mad, but usually, eventually, we get over it.....
and ourselves. ;)

Ricky I love the avatar :).
Ryan I have learned a lot from people here on this board and I would like to thank you for giving me that opportunity. Flowerchat is a great community and I am honored to be allowed to be part of it.

He logged in 3 hours ago and has posted on his member page:
...this place has run its course for me - quality of posts has been deteriorating for years now and I can no longer justify spending time looking for something that isn't there...and my hipboots are worn out from wading thru it...
Sorry if our posts are low quality and unworthy.

I truly value them, learn something new every day and have been very appreciative of the contributions to the collective consciousness of florists made by FC members.

He logged in 3 hours ago and has posted on his member page:
Sorry if our posts are low quality and unworthy. Well, None of my posts are low quality and unworthy......and I ain't read none of yours that way either Cathy.....

I truly value them, learn something new every day and have been very appreciative of the contributions to the collective consciousness of florists made by FC members.
If'n JB thinks I post unworthy, low quality stuff.........He got another think coming.

....we all know bloomz is not a 'guidelines'
kind of guy. We knew that from the beginning
and we really know that now. Give the dude a
'bye' so bloomz can be bloomz. I say everyone
should get a bye every now and then. bloomz is a
proven entity....and we need someone who claims
he is the king of mozingboomtech anyway!
Levity, we all need.

Reactions: Connie
How many more threads are we gonna have of this...He is back, He's not posting, get over it all...

Ach Du Scheiße, was ist denn hier los???????
= oh @@@@ what happend here????? sorry, I have to apologize, had a long long break. I`m glad to be back and that I could come back!!!!!! Can anybody tell me what happend????? Please. I want to hear everything.

[email protected] Thanks!!!!!

~Silvie ~

only 8 zillion? The mods must have deleted a few then:boggles:....

Let the dude come back in his own time. Meanwhile we are all still here, lets chat??

Reactions: SpringCity
At the risk of repeating statements and rehashing old news:

Bloomz isn't banned. He isn't blocked. He, like everyone else, is welcome in FlowerChat as long as he agrees to the guidelines of the forum.

Ryan

you did ban him but relented and changed the penalty to a "time out".

the time out probably came after some consultation and discussion behind the scenes here.

The problem is that you got yourself in a pissing match with bloomz and you wanted to strong arm him into submission.

it didn't work.

the problem with FC is that you have changeable rules, no rules or arbitrary rules. That is is recipe for problems like this.

For years there was no mention of a member having to list their address correctly, then one day that rule changed.

Don't misunderstand. I like the idea of complete and accurate disclosure.

More important than the address is the use of real names. Since this place is supposed to be a private retail florists forum, I see no reason why anyone should hide behind a nickname. It seems childish and amateurish to do so.

Blocked? if his computer's IP address at his flower shop wasn't blocked, then how and why couldn't he get in a few days ago? I believe that blocking came after his return from being Banned, yes/no?

Everyone welcome? whatever happened to Aileen, is she welcome here? if so why can't she gain access?

now i have to get to work.

joe

Well, I miss him everyday. His posts were the ones for which I searched every morning because he was always saying something outrageous, profound, or both. As interesting as everyone else may be, there is only one Bloomz. I hope he'll come back and give us all what-for again. I miss him.

Here's what I think

Without bloomz FlowerChat will never be the same. No I’m not saying it won’t survive or it won’t thrive, I’m just saying it will never be the same. That’s the kind of impact this type of poster can have on a message board.

This is a person who wasn’t afraid to go against the grain, he would debate you whether you were his friend or his enemy. He contributed countless thought provoking posts in an entertaining way. The guy was far from boring and was the sole reason why numerous threads exceeded 20 pages and thousands of views.

I’m a message board veteran and I know that this type of poster is a rarity and very difficult to replace. There are certain posters that can generate buzz, well IMO bloomzie generated the loudest buzz here.

Don’t get me wrong there are plenty of thought provokers here that contribute valuable time and content to this board, especially the admins. Each has their important role, kind of like important parts in the a human body. The brain, the eyes, the ears, the spine, etc… JB was the heart. I know some of you just rolled your eyes at my naming him the “heart”, well I guess you can say it’s debatable.

All good things must come to an end. JB’s departure is probably a good thing for both himself and for FlowerChat. It should be interesting to see what direction FlowerChat will take now.

BTW, all this drama and numerous threads about this subject can be overkill, but it's predictable don't you think? It will naturally run it's course.

you did ban him but relented and changed the penalty to a "time out".

the time out probably came after some consultation and discussion behind the scenes here.

The problem is that you got yourself in a pissing match with bloomz and you wanted to strong arm him into submission.

it didn't work.

the problem with FC is that you have changeable rules, no rules or arbitrary rules. That is is recipe for problems like this.

For years there was no mention of a member having to list their address correctly, then one day that rule changed.

Don't misunderstand. I like the idea of complete and accurate disclosure.

More important than the address is the use of real names. Since this place is supposed to be a private retail florists forum, I see no reason why anyone should hide behind a nickname. It seems childish and amateurish to do so.

Blocked? if his computer's IP address at his flower shop wasn't blocked, then how and why couldn't he get in a few days ago? I believe that blocking came after his return from being Banned, yes/no?

Everyone welcome? whatever happened to Aileen, is she welcome here? if so why can't she gain access?

now i have to get to work.

joe

Joe,

I'm sorry, but your facts are just plain wrong.

Bloomz was hit with a 3 day time out after
1) ignoring requests to abide by guidelines (which he admits to)
2) repeatedly changing his profile after it was corrected for him

The timeout happened at just after 10pm on Friday the 14th, and was a literal 72 hour ban.

Here's what that looks like from our end:
fc-admin-ban-1.jpg

fc-admin-ban-2.jpg

And here's what JB would see when he logged in to FC:
fc-user-ban.jpg

It's pretty hard to confuse that with a permanent ban.

As for the rest of your points, they are wrong as well:
- correct profile has always been mandatory
- the rules aren't shifting - but as we've seen through many discussions, your understanding of the rules isn't always accurate - perhaps we can do better in the future of clarifying for you.

JB's IP wasn't blocked. If we wanted to block his IP, we would have blocked his home IP range as well. That's just simply not accurate and I'd appreciate it if people would stop spreading that rumour.

Aileen is welcome on FC. She can connect at times, and has posted.

Ryan

Reactions: Toddxxx and CHR
Status
Not open for further replies.