Peter1

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Nov 1, 2002
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
Movers & Shakers

http://www.gazettetimes.com/articles/2004/02/24/news/business/monbiz04.txt

Feb. 23, 2004

Take a Bow

Expressions in Bloom has been recognized by the florists' organization FTD as a Top Member for 2004. The Corvallis florist was ranked in the top 75 of FTD's 25,000 members worldwide and ranked No. 1 in Oregon and Washington. Top Member recognition is awarded to members who have transmitted record numbers of floral orders after meeting standards for service and membership.

Owners Jonathon Boundy and Twila Weder are being taken by FTD on an all-expense-paid trip to St. Kitts in the West Indies for a week in March, along with other top members nationwide.

Hey Bloomz Old buddy,
Don't forget your pal a continent away; was it not Rock who first predicted your "upcoming FTD membership" several years ago? When are we going????:)

Does anyone know??...

if Teleflora offers the same sorts of "incentives"?? I'm sure they may, but, it would be nice to hear it straight.
Jonathon deserves the recognition...betcha he wouldn't "admit" to FTD being the way to go!!
Mike

Nice to see that one of the board crew is getting deserved recognition.

Congratulations!
Audra

That's a wonderful accomplishment Bloomz and Twila....congratulations! :beer

So the next question is ...

How will JB parlay his new-found recognition into promotion for the FlowerChat Community?

Inquiring minds want to know!

See I have a problem with this...How can a small shop be a top sending member versus a big shop that does biog numbers.

So is it my understanding that if they send more FTD they get a trip out of this?

Not that I want to rain on his parade and I am sending my congrats for a job well done but I don't quite understand the logic of this program.

Luc

Perhaps a Reward for members in smaller markets. Have different rewards based on population.

1-5,000 people, 5-20,000 etc then the small town shops don't feel left out.

It's not based on size of shop or population. We're in a town of 7200 people and yet we're ranked number 600 with FTD. Strictly based on number of orders sent.

Sorry, my fingers got moving too fast.....
We work hard in our area to be ranked where we are. I can't imagine ranking in the top 100.
Congrats to bloomz...GREAT JOB!
and have a good time!

Originally posted by Luc
See I have a problem with this...How can a small shop be a top sending member versus a big shop that does biog numbers.

So is it my understanding that if they send more FTD they get a trip out of this?

Not that I want to rain on his parade and I am sending my congrats for a job well done but I don't quite understand the logic of this program.

Luc

He has an awesome web-site that he promotes the hel1 out of and works his butt off on. I'm jealous.

Corvallis, OR has a population of about 53,000.
Those folks sure must love sending flowers to get Bloomz ranked 75th!
Way to go, Jonathan! Congrats.

Yes indeed, Congrats!. Only a few years ago you laughed at anyone who was FTD and now your TOP DOG!.

:brandreco

Good Job Jonathon!

Jonathon, Congratulations on the top ranking! I hope you'll be teaching a class at the FTD Convention so we can learn from a master!

Frank

total volume

Originally posted by Peter1
Perhaps a Reward for members in smaller markets. Have different rewards based on population.

1-5,000 people, 5-20,000 etc then the small town shops don't feel left out.

small shop , big shop it doesnt matter,VOLUME is the word!!! The more you send the more the wire services make. On your end obviously its a larger rebate ! 50,000 orders = 300,000 in rebates if you play your cards right.

Yes I know that. What I'm saying is it doesn't help smaller shops, and the BIG 2, doesn't give a flying rats tail about a small town shops. But they can continue to do what they do, while smaller shops complain and quit them, while I sign up the smaller shops, and look after small town North America. Small town shops can't make the top 100, and I don't mean towns the size of 50,000 people either.

In what I was saying above, is about what we're studying here to help out our SMALL TOWNS for this company not the BIG 2.

Personally I don't have any desire to be a BIG 2 or BIG 3 operation, I'm not greedy nor do I need the money.

Don't forget to thank him for the discounted orders he sent you too.

There is no way that the residents of Covallis asked him to send all those orders..

If that were really the case. then it would be even more telling as to the decline of FTD. Seeing that a market of 53,000 persons would represent FTDs 75th largest market??? By-passsing how many other larger markets after the top 50.

bloomz

I cant figure out why such animosity over someone(a Real Florist)who has found a way to compete for orders that he has lost to the OG's originally. Every order you send is discounted to !! Do you send 100 % to your filling florist of choice ? I dont think so. Sorry for the rant but enough is enough. Dont just sit back and complain , do something, make something happen. Or if you are happy with your current business and direction you have chosen , congradulations !Its time to get off the internet kick of complaining because someone took a order from me. Please don't take this the wrong way, I support the the local florist and anything they can do to compete.
Just my views, Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.