Cool Flower Shop Websites

Oh these sites are so inspiring but also make me anxious to do something more and give me that feeling like I need to work 24 hours a day! argh :boggles:
uhh, you mean, you work less than 24 hours a day? Lucky you.
We have 8 day weeks here, and, oh, so many extra hours...
: o)

Reactions: Brad
Here we go again...

www.dasee.ca

Indeed, Yes, a very nice looking web site = ....What?

But what is it really good for... I mean really and truly good for, in the long run - No person on the planet can surf the www, to this site and buy a darn thing!

Why do so many shops elect to SKIP the selling of flowers? They choose to skip the very essence of what they do!

What am I missing here?

I don't get it!

Is establishing ecommerce so very difficult and expensive that these shops all think it is not worth the 'trouble and expense'?

I would be very interested in hearing from a real florist that has elected to forgo the ecommerce and elected to so the snazzy, feel-good only site - Many Thanks

There are indeed many samples of gleaming, easy on the eyes, florist sites in this Thread....

But very seldom, do I see gleaming examples of florist online ecommerce in this thread!

What is the deal! ?

Why is it so hard to find a nice ecommerce florist website that is not a Mish-Mash of this and that!

I spent all day Sunday surfin the www looking for 'nice' florist ecommerce, and absolutly nothing has really jumped out - most look 'corporate' or cookie-cutter....

...nothing 'artistic' and actually selling flowers!
I guess the floral industry is "blessed" to have a certain crackpot right in your neighbourhood who just happens to sell ecommerce sites.

It's too bad he's been banned so many times from this site for spamming and creating fake accounts. Whatever will we do?

I guess the floral industry is "blessed" to have a certain crackpot right in your neighbourhood who just happens to sell ecommerce sites.

It's too bad he's been banned so many times from this site for spamming and creating fake accounts. Whatever will we do?

Ryan,

I don't understand your post (sorry brain must be turned off today) can you explain? You can PM me if I missed some sort of dirty joke thingy.

Thanks Dee (squared)

Just a joke about a guy who keeps trying to spam florists through every message board, facebook group (and any other means available) by pretending to start a "discussion" about website features.

It gets old after a while.

Reactions: Dee Dee
Looking at these sites I don't see what makes them so cool looking? But really, is that what we need or functionality. My website at http://www.beneva.com would be in my opinion nice. The functionality is what is important. We can do on the back end everything 1800 flowers and FTD.com can do. That is the big difference. This month we are releasing larger image displays but really, it is about the engine that runs it. With 5 shops coming on board in the next 2 months, the most common response I hear is wow I never knew that we could ever do that. That is the big difference. I will be out your way with one of the instals, I will give you a call. Hope all is well.
Art

I found by having a shopping cart, I'm able to up sale more balloons, candy and stuffed animals.
However I wish more people would use my web-site. I have to say, they do use it as a good
referance to what they want when they call in the order.
I invite any info that can help get more online orders, and any feed back on my web-site.
http://www.akfloral.com
Thank you for all your time and for looking.

Akfloral

Looking at these sites I don't see what makes them so cool looking? But really, is that what we need or functionality. My website at http://www.beneva.com would be in my opinion nice. The functionality is what is important. We can do on the back end everything 1800 flowers and FTD.com can do. That is the big difference. This month we are releasing larger image displays but really, it is about the engine that runs it. With 5 shops coming on board in the next 2 months, the most common response I hear is wow I never knew that we could ever do that. That is the big difference. I will be out your way with one of the instals, I will give you a call. Hope all is well.
Art
Art-

I think many of these sites are for wedding or event florists...who really don't do selling online. They just need to make the customer go ga-ga over their designs so that they call and set up an appointment. I have to say, many of them make me go ga-ga!

For those of us who do have e-commerce, functionality is VERY important. However, I find many of those sites are a big turn off to me asthetically. A lot of them look like cheap ads...bad fonts, too many colors, no real theme, pictures of flowers with no real flow to them, and in general..WAY too busy with too much information on the home page. As an online shopper, I don't want to spend 10 minutes deciphering the home page to figure out what to do. In my opinion, there should be a happy medium between the design of the site and the functionality. As florists, our customers should expect a higher level of design on our sites as we are visual artists and our sites should reflect that. Personally, I think Brandon hits it about right with his site http://www.chicfloral.com/

IMHO :)

I invite any info that can help get more online orders, and any feed back on my web-site.
Your website is beautiful.
One thing that annoyed me right off the bat was having to click on each picture to find out the price. If I may suggest having the prices listed right underneath the picture.
Also, in your category "Everyday Arrangements" it says there are 237 items. Since each page only shows 12 items, I would have to go through almost 20 pages of pictures. I got bored after looking at the first 3 pages.
You might alter this by categorizing them a bit further:possibly by occasion? People seem to like this.

On your first page, for example, there are a lot of options with roses. You could create a seperate category for Anniversary or Love or Roses.
Anniversary
Birthday
Get Well
New Baby
Sympathy
Roses
Seasonal
Romance
Couture

This helps let people know where to click

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I found by having a shopping cart, I'm able to up sale more balloons, candy and stuffed animals.
However I wish more people would use my web-site. I have to say, they do use it as a good
referance to what they want when they call in the order.
http://www.akfloral.com
Thank you for all your time and for looking.

First may i say that if you want more feedback, please start a thread, I think you may get more response.

I love your site, love the little coat hangers that represent tabs. Also think it is very functional but unique looking. If i had any criticism it would be that the "add to cart" writing was just a bit bigger. i have no problem with my eye site but i would imagine someone who did may have trouble reading it. I love the simplicity of your add ons.

Very nice and very impressed.

I think with regards to getting more people to use it, i have the same problem. i get 2 -3 orders per week at most but i probably get 4 - 5 orders a day from it and also umpteen wedding consults which turn to weddings. I dont think there is anything that you can do except market to death that you can order online. Some people just prefer to talk and i have to admit, i am one of those people. (ps i have no idea why my writing has gone into italics, think i hit a key by mistake... oops)

Thank you, it is nice to have your input. I will be changing things up.
Thank you again,
Kind regards,
Akfloral

Personally, I think Brandon hits it about right with his site http://www.chicfloral.com/

IMHO :)

True, it's a very nice design on that site. It's important to note, though, that he's actually running 2 sites: There's the Joomla site with no ecommerce at www.chicfloral.com, and then a standard ecommerce site at shop.chicfloral.com. They are on two different subdomains, and though connected are two different sites.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Check out AutoFlorist.com - Offering Weekly, Bi-Weekly, and Monthly Floral Bouquet Subscriptions for Businesses and Individuals in the USA. Setup a recurring order, and AutoFlorist does the rest. Great for gifts!

auto-florist-logo.png

Check out AutoFlorist.com - Offering Weekly, Bi-Weekly, and Monthly Floral Bouquet Subscriptions for Businesses and Individuals in the USA. Setup a recurring order, and AutoFlorist does the rest. Great for gifts!

Thanks for posting - we'll definitely check out the site.

FWIW, I'm guessing from the content of your post that you may have misunderstood the nature of this thread, and of our community in general. You are communicating with other floral professionals here, in a private environment. No one here is going to buy from you, and you won't get SEO benefit from dropping links in the posts. However, if you are looking for a community of like-minded professionals who are ready to share ideas and talk business you've come to the right place!

Hey Ryan, We're glad to be joining the community. We've been excited to have launched the new site, but are really eager to learn more about what else is going on in the floral world, and to share experiences and ideas. We're filling a unique niche, and hope we can get some feedback from other professionals, and keep our ears to the ground for industry insight.
Thanks!
Rob

Reactions: theRKF

Thanks for sharing!

Just a quick first impression: The music that auto-plays on your site (especially with no obvious way to disable it) it going to scare away a LOT of people who shop at work, secretly at home, or near sleeping children :)

If you really want to have music, it's best to make it optional, or at the very least give the ability to turn it off.