Corsages and Bouts $

Status
Not open for further replies.
I glue most of mine- and my Twigs Classic corsage with mini carns and/or alstro,daisy, larkspur blooms and basic ribbon is 17.95
Classic bouts are 7.50

I have the John Henry prom and homecoming images on my site and some of the other fancier things are priced there.

are you gluing or taping? how much are yours?

cors and bouts

big fan of glue for wristlets

we do a lot of mixed flowers in our corsages, roses ,alstro, dendro or freesia with a hint of filler and mixed ribbons 29.99
with jems added or fancy wristlet up to 39.99
pin on start at 24.99 and up

single rose bout with mixed greens and filler 7.99 double 12.99
dendro or freesia bouts also 7.99

best tip i ever got was from Lisa Green @ Nunans
doing corsage set ups ( have the wristlets set to go with mix of ribbons and tulle) weeks ahead of prom season. i can whip out prom work in no time stress free. Just glue bits of greens, filler and flowers on and good to go in the time it takes for the crowning glory to dry.
I even do setups during slow times in the summer and box then by color in plastic containers.

I do set ups too- as I get the order I do a set up and get it in the corsage box all ready to go.

I do a few basic ones too for last minute orders- so fast and efficient! we actually had fun last prom :)

Most of the time we wire corsages because that is what the temp design help is used to. Also, I have 2 sometimes 3 non-designers that help tremendously by just wiring the roses with gyp ahead of time. If I had to do it all myself I would use the glue method after doing all the set up weeks ahead of time.

We charge $19 for 3 spray roses, $21 for 3 medium roses wrist or pin-on corsage; $8 for 1 rose bout. Those account for about 99% of our orders.

We do anywhere from 50 to over 100 corsages for each of the 3 dances for our local high school. (About the same # for bouts). I'm told we charge less (by a couple/few dollars) than the local supermarkets here.

This year the prom will be Mother's Day weekend. I think we will be glueing!

Glueing is a huge time saver..........and my average prom corsage is about 25 to 35 dollars with 10 to 12 dollars for a bout.

we charge 25 to 30.00 for wrist corsages. seems like we are adding more and more bling. love love love the newer snap braclets. my kids are in highschool and they realy like them better. we glue everthing.

We charge $35 for corsage (both pin-on and wrist) and $15 for bout.
We use both glue and wire/tape.

We wire and tape everything. We are charging $25 for the wristlets and $8 for bouts.

What's up with the 'snap' bracelets? I've googled and found some info on them. For those using them, do they hold the flowers in place? Seems the weight of the flowers would cause the wristlet to move around. Let me know and where do you get them and how much?

Side note....we have only wired and taped for a long time now and receive no complaints whatsoever....

We wire and tape everything. We are charging $25 for the wristlets and $8 for bouts.

What's up with the 'snap' bracelets? I've googled and found some info on them. For those using them, do they hold the flowers in place? Seems the weight of the flowers would cause the wristlet to move around. Let me know and where do you get them and how much?

Side note....we have only wired and taped for a long time now and receive no complaints whatsoever....

wiring and taping adds so much weight to the wristlet that for sure it flops around.....try glueing.........glue also seals the cut flower and adds to the longevity........

$29.99 for standard corsage. $34.99 for some added bling. $39.99 for the deluxe bling. Bouts run around the $10.50 to $12.50 range. We glue glue glue. Such a time saver and have always had good luck.

Hope you don't mind me butting in from over the pond but this is fascinating. We are just getting into proms over here and you guys are way ahead of us in the prom corsage stakes. Is there a good website that I can get instruction from on how to make really good ones please? I love looking at all your pictures in the gallery and I am really jealous of the talent you guys have would you be willing to share tips with me please ?

Hope you don't mind me butting in from over the pond but this is fascinating. We are just getting into proms over here and you guys are way ahead of us in the prom corsage stakes. Is there a good website that I can get instruction from on how to make really good ones please? I love looking at all your pictures in the gallery and I am really jealous of the talent you guys have would you be willing to share tips with me please ?

I recommend getting your hands on the John Henry Company Prom book. jhc.com I have found some really great current designs in there! Good Luck!

Reactions: StephKey and vivb
Our rose bouts are $7. Other flower bouts are $8-$15. Carnation bouts are $4. All the other items are on the attached sheets. The one sheet is really just a help sheet for the designers and the other is a sales sheet, although we have more "bling bling" types of wristlets now, and have to update it. We prefer the ones from corsage concepts with the ribbons already attached. We carry those now in pearl, crystal (clear, pink and green, and multistrand clear), sassy (sequins) & tango (jumbo beads). We also do traditional on elastic wristlets. We have not tried the slap style, but I like those. Concerned about the shifting and the "learning curve" with the customers ("don't you have the elastic type?").

View attachment corsage production guidelines.xls

View attachment Prom Buying Guide.xls

they are a lomey or smithers oasis product. you can see them on smithersoasis.com site. they don't move at all - reguardless of how large or small the girl is. I use pipecleaner and ribbon as base - then glue everything - its fast

$20.00 "DESIGNER'S CHOICE" corsage
$30.00 Gem/keepsake bracelet
$7.00 & up for bouts

Glue! Glue! Glue!

We use satin tubing for our wristlets, but our wholesaler is no longer stocking it. Having trouble locating a new source. Any ideas?

Or what is everyone else using for the wristlet?

Glue, glue, glue!

Rose bouts are $9.95
"Assorted flower" Wrist corsages $25.99 - $35.99
Combo Discount:
Order the Corsage and Bout together, and not only will they match PERFECTLY, but you will get $5 off your order! (...of $40 or more...)

Add-on bling priced accordingly...$10 fir bracelets, $15 for lights (not too many takers on those...) etc...

It's really all in your market. I know some shops getting $15 for a Rose bout with all the extras, and some who can't get more than $8 bucks.

But, the worst...big proms on Mom's Day weekend.......nuff said on that.

- H.

Status
Not open for further replies.