*Design Competition* Your Best Dozen Roses - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Votes may be cast from Monday, September 29 through midnight Eastern Standard Time Tuesday, Sunday October 5...

5) The top 12 winners will be the members with the highest point totals as of 12 p.m. midnight, Eastern Time, September 30...

Cathy,

Dates don't match...

Will you please check when is the final voting?

Thanks...

oooooh i am so going to have a go of this. Have been wanting to re design red roses for ages. agree too much gyp etc (although i think it has its place).

Might take my mind off kermits (other thread lol)

The FC members are the judges. :)

Deliverability might be a concern, especially if you plan to put the photo on your site and offer the design for sale. As far as being a single piece unit - no reason it has to be.
I personallywould like to see the design contest be "sellable one dozen rose designs" (not some flower art contest), and to help insure that....the design has to be posted on the florist's website shopping cart (you could still put the roses are special order if you use a variety that you might not normally carry).

Well, I think I wont be entering this one. As far as I'm concerned "flower art" is just as sellable as traditional. I don't understand why some Flowerchatters are so against any type of design that may be a little out of the ordinary. I don't know why if we stretch our design legs we are made to feel bad for doing it.
I see this just becoming a thread of arguements. I'm choosing to stay out of it. Good luck to all who dare to post their pics.

Reactions: 2 people
I love the idea!! Not sure if we will enter or not but still think it is a great idea.

On a side note, I was in three different flower shops yesterday as I was traveling home from a conference and in all three shops, the designs in the cooler were simply mediocre at best. I was really surprised. I wasn't suprised by one shop as it looked like it was going downhill but for all three to have "simply okay" arrangements does not show well for the industry. :( Also, a reminder to me to make sure the stuff in the cooler looks great at all times!!

Wanda

Reactions: 1 person
Oh Shannon, it was ONE comment. I am willing to bet that everyone that enters this contest will be putting out their best for everyone to see. I don't see why you should pout on the sidelines when I for one would be looking forward to seeing your design. Suck it up Princess! :)

Reactions: 5 people
I personallywould like to see the design contest be "sellable one dozen rose designs" (not some flower art contest)
Clay, you're certainly welcome to submit a design you deem sellable in your store, and you will be able to vote for your favorites, too.

A competition *should* bring out some unique, cool, artful ideas - otherwise we can just slap up photos from wire service selection guides and call 'er 'done'. ;)

As far as I'm concerned "flower art" is just as sellable as traditional.
You should know, since that what you and many other florists actually sell. :)

I don't understand why some Flowerchatters are so against any type of design that may be a little out of the ordinary. I don't know why if we stretch our design legs we are made to feel bad for doing it.
Not all FCers feel that way (my guess is the vast majority don't) so please don't feel bad. Just keep doing what you do so well.

Hope you and the bevy of talented designers we have here will be there participating in our first ever FC design competition.

Well, I think I wont be entering this one. As far as I'm concerned "flower art" is just as sellable as traditional. I don't understand why some Flowerchatters are so against any type of design that may be a little out of the ordinary. I don't know why if we stretch our design legs we are made to feel bad for doing it.
I see this just becoming a thread of arguements. I'm choosing to stay out of it. Good luck to all who dare to post their pics.
I did not post this to 1) start an arguement, 2) state that I was AGAINST flower art, 3) make you feel bad, 4) push you to not enter the contest. It was only a post that said "I personally would like to see". I am sorry that you think my post did all of the above....especially #4.......

Shannon, are you having an off day?
When have you ever let someone's comments cut you down?

Come on, join the contest, you know you wanna!!!

I'll be apart of this contest as long as I can figure out how to put a picture up on this darn computer, lol

The shop I work at has four members here should we post individually or as a group.I know the design team will have fun with this thanks great idea:yourock:

Yes, each FC member can submit one entry. Looking forward to seeing the Chalifours gang strut their stuff.

BTW, I sent Shannon a note and told her if she didn't submit an entry, I would whip something up (am thinking shredded styro in a green glass vase with a colossal #40 bow) and put her name on it. :fdevil:

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, each FC member can submit one entry. Looking forward to seeing the Chalifours gang strut their stuff.

BTW, I sent Shannon a note and told her if she didn't submit an entry, I would whip something up (am thinking shredded styro in a green glass vase with a colossal #40 bow) and put her name on it. :fdevil:

Don't forget the baby's breath!!!!!!!!

:squish: ;)

I think this is a fun idea. This cookie monster still enjoys seeing what you artists can create. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.