Dual Wire Service Question #2

Why do you belong to more than 1 Wire Service?

• Free Membership

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I like Bob but Teleflora's containers are better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brand recognition, I want to use the FTD logo

• I love incoming $0.70? orders

• Want to be FTD only but need the coverage

• I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Teleflora's technology is best but like the FTD Brand (logo)

• FTD's technology is best but like the Teleflora containers

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Loyalty.....I've belonged too long to quit now

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I love seeing wire services get rich and I've got too much money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
I'm wondering why so many of us,(myself included) belong to 2 wire services, what do they offer that makes us willing to pay monthly fees to 2 suppliers of similar products......We don't pay any of our other suppliers a monthly fee for the privilege of buying their products!!! :confused:

I for one, do not understand dual membership...although, TF did have the best containers for years, that gap is narrowing rapidly...

I have not had any problems with regards to coverage, so that should not be part of the equation anymore either (could ?? be in Canada ?)

To me, its paying twice for the same thing....only need one way to send, don;t always need the containers...

If there was a way to have everyting in one shot that I would be one wire service shop. Both wiere service has its advantage and disadvantage. Right now I am using both and if I had to choose today then teleflora would be my choice as I am getting alot more order from teleflora members. If I was to quit FTD, they would have no coverage at all in my area. The other flower shop was VNS, went to FTD during the merger and she cancelled her membership after. Maybe I should just go telelfora now, still get those order through teleflora instead of FTD and have egss in one basket. THen maybe they can offer me free membership to stay on????
Now that is a good idea luke...
Luc

Luc,
When we dropped FTD, our inwires dropped only 23%.
Prior to the change, the majority of our inwires came from FTD shops. If the sending shop cares enough about their customer to send to the best florist in Elliott Lake, they will find you - FTD, TF or direct.

Wire Services

With us it's definitely a coverage issue - up here all the small towns are tf.... so we're TF too. We usually have double the FTD inbound than TF. We've got about 19 shops in a town of 68,000 and 7 of them TF. We're one of three FTD shops and two of those are fairly new shops.

We prefer FTD containers (at present) to TF containers - with the exception of the Kinkade products, they just don't move well here. We simply make more through our association with FTD than we do with TF.

Audra

I'm still in my probation period for FTD vs TF. When I signed up for FTD I gave my self till the end of this year to decide what I was going to do. I mostly use FTD for their marketplace and fresh flowers program, which I like a lot. As far as using them for sending and recieving, I would not lose much by dropping FTD. I hardly ever use them to send because of the problems with the merc and I recieve a lot more TF than FTD orders. I am having an increasingly difficult time in justifing FTD though, the recent posting from Bob are leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

The other thing is lack of coverage. I can always find a TF shop that will take an order and that is not the case with FTD.

Jim

"I for one, do not understand dual membership...although, TF did have the best containers for years, that gap is narrowing rapidly..."

Just cuz I likes to spar with Boss, I have to say, what gap? It's a grand canyon and TF has lapped the race track this last holiday so many times FTD must have spun out on the grass. Consumers want that TF stuff - they just still do a WAY WAY WAY better job at creating demand. Orders for FTD TG stuff were rare, and that's with the products side by side. And I got a feeling Xmas is gonna be the same from the early indications. Already have advance orders for TF - NONE for FTD. ;)

Yep JB... TF

Originally posted by bloomz

Just cuz I likes to spar with Boss, I have to say, what gap? It's a grand canyon and TF has lapped the race track this last holiday so many times FTD must have spun out on the grass.

Hmmm...Perhaps...BUT.......

Which has the OPEN FREAK'N MIND ??

Ya gots a directory ??, ooops, yep I forgot ya do now, for the PHONE :)

And I tried to join for them containers, BUT, they wanted to keep their network closed to ME, just like they do to THE MAS GROUP...

But alas, thats OK, I'll be there, and we don;t need THEM anyway...

Have a weekend buddy....good talk'n to ya today...

Status
Not open for further replies.