• Barack Obama

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for starting this thread Zoe...
I will be watching this all day long... Man I wish I had TV at work..

Reactions: 1 person
Voted!

Lines wrapped around the parking lot.
This is the way elections should be, maximum participation.

The outcome will be what it is and we will grow stronger because of the process.

Shannon,
Msnbc.msn.com is providing live coverage on their internet site, no commercials, just patriotic music during the breaks. You can even listen while reading Flowerchat.

I voted with little trouble 30 minutes in and out. it took my husband who votes early 1.5 hours. We had four electronic booths and about 25-30 paper booths that used electronic scanners, I voted paper. I consider voting a privilege, and I am also an Obama fan.

Susan

I was at the polling place when it opened. The line was very long but went fast. less than 30 mins. The 20+ robot phone calls from republican party the over the past few days didnt change my vote, nor the 50 or so McCain signs some joker put at the polling spot.

I also consider voting a priviledge, I vote no matter what but i gotta say I have no idea about your elections. Over here it does seem to me that obama is getting a lot of coverage although over there they may have to have the same??

Good Luck to you all!!

Why would a small business owner vote for Obama? You will be paying higher taxes and will be fined if you do not have the thousands of dollars to shell out to provide reasonably priced health care to your employees. This will only lead to businesses having to lay off some staff or bankruptcy which leads to the loss of more jobs. Unemployment will rise and our economy will suffer more.

Thankfully we already offer Aetna Health Plans and give our employees $2400 annually to their health care or 401K if they choose. If Obama wins, I will just have to absorb the higher taxes and not the added health care costs or penalties for not offering health care.

Vote McCain for strong economy and protection of Freedom.

Reactions: 4 people
Why would a small business owner vote for Obama?

Because small businesses do better under Democrats?

I mean, the Republicans have done such a wonderful job you know.....

I believe Boss said it perfectly, higher taxes is fine with me if we get higher revenues and more bennies. And I believe that will happen as soon as Obamer can start straightening out this republican mess.

My questions is - why would a small business owner believe McSame would do anything different? Because he said so?

:rofl:

Oh, you will get higher taxes alright but it won't be you getting the bennies.
Right now you have the freedom to run your business as you see fit and your business structure is based on what you can afford on your own terms.
Obama made it very clear he will TELL you how to run your business and what you should afford.
Never mind you work 10 hour days, long weekends and every cent of it you deserve because YOU WORKED for it and it should be your choice how to spend it.

Reactions: 2 people
Because small businesses do better under Democrats?

I mean, the Republicans have done such a wonderful job you know.....

I believe Boss said it perfectly, higher taxes is fine with me if we get higher revenues and more bennies. And I believe that will happen as soon as Obamer can start straightening out this republican mess.

My questions is - why would a small business owner believe McSame would do anything different? Because he said so?

:rofl:

I do not believe that bailing out financial institutions and raising taxes will strengthen the dollar. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ain_says_fed_should_stop_government_bailouts/

I do not believe bailing out these deadbeats that chose adjustable rate mortgages for homes that they couldn't afford will help the economy either. Every time I refinanced or bought a new home, I could have chosen an adjustable rate mortgage, but i didn't b/c it was RISKY. I didn't buy a huge house with a $2000k +/month mortgage payment b/c I can't afford it, even if the mortgage co told me I could afford it.

I believe in less government. John Mccain believes in less government. I want control of my money. I want to chose my own health care company. I had an HMO for years and it sucked. Do you think government run health care will be any better? Will McCains plan tax health care, of course, but you got ZERO MONEY for healh care before. So isn't some $ minus taxes better than no $ for healthcare at all or government run heath care - YES!

I want my country protected. I do not want another 9/11. I do not want another president like Clinton, that chooses to ignore the terrorists in the middle east while instead getting BJ's from interns in his oval office. Clintons lack of inititive caused 9/11. He let the terrorists organizations grow, plan attackes and live in this country and Bush was left cleaning up his mess I don't want our troops at war, but I certainly don't want the war brought back to the US, like it was in 2001.

Was Bush an outstanding president? No, but he did not let the terrorist repeat 9/11. The decline of our economy was due in large part to the democratic control of the house and senate, and then democratic pressure push for Fannie May to extend these crazy loans.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ain_says_fed_should_stop_government_bailouts/
Protecting my family is my #1 priority. Keeping the most of my hard earned $ in my pocket is my #2 priority. Obama will not make these two things HIS priority and John McCain will.

Reactions: 2 people
FYI - Because it's election day, I'm going to let this thread live otuside of the political forum. Please, keep the banter to a minimum.

Ryan

I do not believe that bailing out financial institutions and raising taxes will strengthen the dollar. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ain_says_fed_should_stop_government_bailouts/

I do not believe bailing out these deadbeats that chose adjustable rate mortgages for homes that they couldn't afford will help the economy either. Every time I refinanced or bought a new home, I could have chosen an adjustable rate mortgage, but i didn't b/c it was RISKY. I didn't buy a huge house with a $2000k +/month mortgage payment b/c I can't afford it, even if the mortgage co told me I could afford it.

I believe in less government. John Mccain believes in less government. I want control of my money. I want to chose my own health care company. I had an HMO for years and it sucked. Do you think government run health care will be any better? Will McCains plan tax health care, of course, but you got ZERO MONEY for healh care before. So isn't some $ minus taxes better than no $ for healthcare at all or government run heath care - YES!

I want my country protected. I do not want another 9/11. I do not want another president like Clinton, that chooses to ignore the terrorists in the middle east while instead getting BJ's from interns in his oval office. Clintons lack of inititive caused 9/11. He let the terrorists organizations grow, plan attackes and live in this country and Bush was left cleaning up his mess I don't want our troops at war, but I certainly don't want the war brought back to the US, like it was in 2001.

Was Bush an outstanding president? No, but he did not let the terrorist repeat 9/11. The decline of our economy was due in large part to the democratic control of the house and senate, and then democratic pressure push for Fannie May to extend these crazy loans.

Protecting my family is my #1 priority. Keeping the most of my hard earned $ in my pocket is my #2 priority. Obama will not make these two things HIS priority and John McCain will.

I'm with you on the bailout stuff - but on the McSame - you mean the McSame one who voted against the Boosch tax cuts that now says he supported them?

He has a forked tongue dear...

Remember when he promised a "clean campaign"? Obama kept his fairly clean and respectful - McBush got down and flat out dirty.

But he'll soon be going home with his tail between his legs and back to the Senate which is a way better place for him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.