who will win?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a "political forum"?? Where is that located? This is currently in "CHAT, whatever stuff you want to talk about.". Politics is not "whatever stuff"?
No, it's not. Political discussions get way too bloody and personal. We had to move them into their own area years ago.

Participation in the political forum requires that you opt in here, and never ever complain about what is said. Once you join the "Political Masochists" group you'll have access to the forum.

Ryan

I love freedom. Case in point: I voted in my tighty whiteys and wore a bra on my head.

Woooohooo Oregon! We can vote from home and email it in! I see these people waiting in lines for 6 hours and in the rain and think... SUCKas! lol

I'm a cynic, and I do believe they want to make changes, not all their promises will come true and both plans are sketchy... so I look at the last 8 years and the 8 years before that and I think it is time to give the hippys a try.

GL Obama! you better fulfill all those promises, you're going to be watched like a a hawk.

WOoooooooohoooo tighty whiteys!

I love freedom. Case in point: I voted in my tighty whiteys and wore a bra on my head.

Woooohooo Oregon! We can vote from home and email it in! I see these people waiting in lines for 6 hours and in the rain and think... SUCKas! lol

I'm a cynic, and I do believe they want to make changes, not all their promises will come true and both plans are sketchy... so I look at the last 8 years and the 8 years before that and I think it is time to give the hippys a try.

GL Obama! you better fulfill all those promises, you're going to be watched like a a hawk.

WOoooooooohoooo tighty whiteys!

Vote from home! I am so jealous!! First Starbucks now voting from home. You people on the west coast have it soooooo easy!!! :yourock:

I'm with you on the bailout stuff - but on the McSame - you mean the McSame one who voted against the Boosch tax cuts that now says he supported them?

He has a forked tongue dear...

Remember when he promised a "clean campaign"? Obama kept his fairly clean and respectful - McBush got down and flat out dirty.

But he'll soon be going home with his tail between his legs and back to the Senate which is a way better place for him anyway.

I'm sure Obama has done his share of flip flopping too. They are politicians, it is what they do best, democrat or republican.

I do agree - McCain has run many more very hateful ads and started with them before Obama ran his attack ads.

I am very fearful of Obama's lack of national security experience, proposed higher taxes, higher government spending and government run health care. I can't see how Obama will be able to strengthen our economy or put an end to the rising unemployement rate when he taxes small businesses like ours that are already struggling in a weak economy.

Ok - I'm done now. Good debate.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone that ran for this office is/was insane - that's a given.

Anyone who claims they can straighten out this mess is either a liar or a egomaniac with delusions of grandeur.

But it's time to give the hippies a chance cuz it's just continued to get worse with the Hawks.

McBush is probably a decent Senator - and that's a good place for him - let him reform the Senate. Being a proven liar - I don't want him to have the chance in the Big Boy Chair.

Obama's probably a liar too, but until he shows that - we can't really say. Clinton said the other nite something interesting something to the effect of "Believe me, every president really tries to do all the things they promise."

But the dirty campaign full of lies hate and fear, ruined McSame in my eyes. Anyone else notice how nobody swiftboated McSame very publicly? There was/is plenty of information on it about how "honorable" (or not) his service was that could have been used if Obama was half as dirty, but he stayed quite respectable and never went there. http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/ Remember how they tried to call Kerry a traitor for opposing the war - watch a couple of those videos and check what they say here about McSame. "Songbird"? There's some pretty good eye-opening videos there.

You can rest assured that Obama knew quite well about this, but chose not to get dirty like that.

I think just more proof that good triumphs over hate.

But!

The real reason for celebrating tho is - Crawford will finally be getting it's idiot back, no matter which way this goes!!!

Whatever the outcome of your election, i truly hope for your sakes that you dont get a Government Run Health care !!! ours is a shambles??? With huge waiting lists, lack of jobs for Qualified nurses. More and more Foreign surgeons, Doctors coming here because English graduates can afford to take the few jobs available as the pay is so bad?? A decent Healthcare scheme here would also prevents the hundreds and immigrants coming here and getting FREE National Health. I am self employed, always paid my contributions, yet have to pay £15 every 2 months for my prescriptions. Yet foreign immigrants get Free prescriptions, housing and even Food Vouchers. !! This countrys politics is s @@@ !!!

Bloomz, I can't help but think that you are going to be absolutely stunned when you see your guy in action and under the influence of a solidly democratic congress.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see the next two years as being very, very bad for us and the rest of the world.

We'll debate this again in a couple of years.

well they do say that when the states gets a cold, europe shivers so our future is in your hands too.

No pressure like....

i think obama seems the most sincere, i think he would be fab as the prime minister of the uk. Some certain issues may be approached properly then rather than being ignored

i have to admit ive never voted here as i dont think any off the parties are worthy of being in charge

Now that's a disappointing thing to learn about someone. I do hope you'll make it your business to learn more about your candidates and vote... it's not just a right Zoe, it's an obligation... particularly for those on the battlefields of the world.

V

Bloomz, I can't help but think that you are going to be absolutely stunned when you see your guy in action and under the influence of a solidly democratic congress.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see the next two years as being very, very bad for us and the rest of the world.

You may be right but it's pretty fukked up already very very bad for us and the rest of the world Ted. And of course it won't be straightened out in the next 2 years. Don't even expect that and you won't be disappointed. How can you undo 8 years of horrendous mismanagement in 2 years??? I'm not sure it can be done in a decade, not to count the lingering bad effects that are gonna haunt our grandchildren.

We'll debate this again in a couple of years.

How about the swimming pool again? We seem to do most of our best thinking there.

---------------------------------

PS Zoe - I disagree with Vic on voting - it's a sham, a charade, and it don't count for shiit in America at least.

You may be right but it's pretty fukked up already very very bad for us and the rest of the world Ted.

How about the swimming pool again? We seem to do most of our best thinking there.

---------------------------------

PS Zoe - I disagree with Vic on voting - it's a sham, a charade, and it don't count for shiit in America at least.

And yet you voted. ;) I'm proud of you Jon.

V

Why would a small business owner vote for Obama? You will be paying higher taxes and will be fined if you do not have the thousands of dollars to shell out to provide reasonably priced health care to your employees. This will only lead to businesses having to lay off some staff or bankruptcy which leads to the loss of more jobs. Unemployment will rise and our economy will suffer more.

Thankfully we already offer Aetna Health Plans and give our employees $2400 annually to their health care or 401K if they choose. If Obama wins, I will just have to absorb the higher taxes and not the added health care costs or penalties for not offering health care.

Vote McCain for strong economy and protection of Freedom.

....absolute great post. A voice of common sense.
If you voted for o get ready to send in(taxes) more of your HARD EARNED dollars in this very tough business climate. An o vote will be just as bad as voting to agree to the FTD sell-out. People just do not think! Way to many are just voting anti-bush and that is sad.

Reactions: 2 people
Only have one comment to add to the discussion.....to the comment about voting anti-Bush. The media pundits, spin doctors, etc. have said all along that McCain's worst asset IS Bush.

If McCain was/is smart enough and savvy enough to distance himself from the Bush regime.....then he might stand a greater chance of winning the office. Whether he was or not remains to be seen.

I'm sure Obama has done his share of flip flopping too. They are politicians, it is what they do best, democrat or republican.

I do agree - McCain has run many more very hateful ads and started with them before Obama ran his attack ads.

I am very fearful of Obama's lack of national security experience, proposed higher taxes, higher government spending and government run health care. I can't see how Obama will be able to strengthen our economy or put an end to the rising unemployement rate when he taxes small businesses like ours that are already struggling in a weak economy.

Ok - I'm done now. Good debate.

Like Obama signing an agreement NOT to take private money, (but rather accept Federal Funds like McCain did), but then change his mind and raise $700million compared to McCain's pultry $85M?

McCain dirty ads? WHAT!!!!?????? Where were they? I didn't see anything nasty.

Joe

The petite chicken has voted.
I had to wait until 5pm to vote but I was in and out in 10 minutes. On the second side of the vote sheet with all the incumbant judges, I just wrote in Bloomz name. Skippidy doo. :spintonguI have not voted for a president that actually won in a long time!
.......and now, we wait.

Just wanna say I appreciate the people who are making strong points about their candidate/party MINUS the personal attacks. Total class acts. :yourock:

It wasn't that classy for Heather to give me a red dot over my opinions in this - a political post. I found it quite rude.

So I returned it - something I have NEVER done over politics before. Not even to flowerknife.

Oh well tit for tat I guess.....

Thank you for signing it at least - I signed mine as well.

There's gonna be some bitterness coming...I can feel it in the air. Don't blame me cuz the republicants skrude the pooch.

I sure as he ll didn't vote for any of them.

*Somebody* needs to be sent to the timeout room.

I thank you others for the 5 greens I got at the same time - you know who you are.

EDIT: make that 9 now - thanks!

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.