• Barack Obama

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh. Not nice.
Well there are others on here who manage to disagree nicely.
I don't give out red dots I just put people who make me mad on "ignore" lol

Reactions: 1 person
PS Zoe - I disagree with Vic on voting - it's a sham, a charade, and it don't count for shiit in America at least.

I agree with JB here. I am sick and tiered of people telling me I have to vote because some guy died for my right, it's my duty, blah blah blah rhetoric. It does my soul no good to pick the better of 2 evils. When a system has been set up that makes the two choices I have boil down to money and or power than it's bullButter.

An Irish comedian said it best: In Ireland, we have 10 people to choose from when it's time to elect a president, but only 2 bars of soap to choose from. In America, you have 20 different types of soap to choose from and 2 people to choose from when it comes to leading your nation. I now see where our priorities are.

“To thine own self be true…..”

Ridiculous to red dot someone over a political disagreement. I've never ever given anyone a red dot... not even the rabid dog in the Political Forum, and god knows he needs some. lol

You know Brandon, you're right, you don't have to vote if you don't want to... that's the beauty of where we live. We have the choice. So many places on the planet don't have that right. It's a shame however, to not honour the past by helping to decide the future.

V

Beth you made me laugh out loud and I'm really sick. Thanks for that. I'm picturing the frothing beast now. Yipes.

:)

V

Beth you made me laugh out loud and I'm really sick. Thanks for that. I'm picturing the frothing beast now. Yipes.

:)

V

I don't know what Beastboy looks like, so I can't picture it... probably just as well! lol I'm glad I could give you a laugh. So sorry to hear you're sick!!! You got the flu??

I don't know either, but I have a very fertile imagination... it's not pretty. ;)

I've been surrounded by colds at work and it has finally settled in on me. Coughing, not sleeping (breathing apparently is necessary), generally feeling like crap. Can't afford to not work, so of course it takes longer to run it's course.

V

Why would a small business owner vote for Obama? You will be paying higher taxes and will be fined if you do not have the thousands of dollars to shell out to provide reasonably priced health care to your employees. This will only lead to businesses having to lay off some staff or bankruptcy which leads to the loss of more jobs. Unemployment will rise and our economy will suffer more.

Thankfully we already offer Aetna Health Plans and give our employees $2400 annually to their health care or 401K if they choose. If Obama wins, I will just have to absorb the higher taxes and not the added health care costs or penalties for not offering health care.

Vote McCain for strong economy and protection of Freedom.

I may be wrong, 'll admit, I don't thoroughly know the platforms. But isn't it the opposite of what you are saying? Obama "will offer small businesses a refundable tax credit of up to 50% on premiums paid by business for employees"- this is taken from his platform. Seems he will help small businesses. It is the big businesses that will be taxed. Correct me if I'm mistaken. So couldn't this help small business owners? Just misunderstood your comment about this?

I agree with JB here. I am sick and tiered of people telling me I have to vote because some guy died for my right, it's my duty, blah blah blah rhetoric. It does my soul no good to pick the better of 2 evils. When a system has been set up that makes the two choices I have boil down to money and or power than it's bullButter.

An Irish comedian said it best: In Ireland, we have 10 people to choose from when it's time to elect a president, but only 2 bars of soap to choose from. In America, you have 20 different types of soap to choose from and 2 people to choose from when it comes to leading your nation. I now see where our priorities are.

“To thine own self be true…..”
Ya know, here's the thing...

I'm 37, I've only voted twice in my whole life.

I'm of the belief that if you vote for the lesser of 2 evils you are still governed by evil.

I voted this year because I truly believe in the candidate.

Now we shall see, time will tell.

I'm feeling very hopeful

And I am older than 37 and have never missed a vote on any level of government. I can't imagine not voting... but then that's my choice and my right to exercise that hard earned right. After all it wasn't all that long ago when women couldn't vote. I can never dishonour all they went through for me, and my daughter to have that priviledge.

V

I'm the same way.. I always always vote. Well, I might have NOT voted twice in the last 35 years.

hey, it's kinda crazy how the poll here reflected the election!

man, I cried like a baby, I wont even lie.

hey, it's kinda crazy how the poll here reflected the election!

man, I cried like a baby, I wont even lie.

I didn't cry but I do admit this is a wonderful, phenomenal moment in American history that portends many many meanings and reasons to finally again be proud of the Country I love.

Rock on.

I may earn a red dot or two over this post, however, in most cases, I am a fairly level-headed person. My Dad fought in two military conflicts....Korea and Vietnam. He fought for this country so people like Dazeal can have the undisputed right to not vote if he so chooses and not to be berated for excersizing that right. Vice-versa, He fought so that people like JB can freely express their viewpoint.

I almost followed my Dad into the military, but decided that the military was not the career choice I needed to take. To this day, I respect any military person and I salute them.

Personally, I consider it my duty to vote and that is how my Mom and my Dad chose to raise me. They also raised me to show respect to others and to not berate them for the choices they make. ( I should add that showing dis-respect usually ended up with my tail end being on the recieving end of a switch )

Very few things cause me to lose my proverbial cool.....even being terminated by the new owner of a flowers shop did not cause that. Being impassionate about this country does cause me to lose it a bit.

I apologize if this post offends anyone.....that is not and never has been my intention.

Reactions: 6 people
Dot Schmots

I mean ...come on - giving a big red one to someone for not sharing the same poiltical opinion...??!!! PLEASSSSSSE

Ya know from someone who is looking in from the outside I think that regardless of who you voted for and who your Favorite candidate is I think you guys need to stand back and realise what has happened today.... History has been created and for that I believe that your nation should be feeling pretty proud.... It is not everyday that there are moments special enough to enter the History books.

Congratulations to those of you who voted for Obama ! I can imagine how happy many Americans are feeling today?
He has a very powerful job, and his decisions will have a knock-on effect across the world !! I hope all of his changes are good ones for small Business, Health, Education and FINANCE !!

If NOTHING ELSE...HE IS RATHER HANDSOME ISNT HE ?:spintongu

Dot Schmots

I mean ...come on - giving a big red one to someone for not sharing the same political opinion...??!!! PLEASSSSSSE

First one I have ever gotten over a political post. And I've argued tooth and nail with the most vehement of them all (you know who).

I think it was the result of thinking small yet I'd like to believe Heather didn't realize how rude it was over such a trivial thing as a political difference of opinion.

No problem Zoe. We proved to eachother that we could discuss without inflaming the populace. ;)

V

I voted and have to say this was the toughest vote in my voting history...

First off, I do not follow politics too much and what I did follow I followed with my Dad and we would debate and debate..I feel somewhat lost politically without him to let me see things that I may not be seeing cearly..

I got to the polls yesterday with full intention to vote for McCain a vote that I was not happy about, but also was unsure of the change that wuld take place with Obama...I thought and thought and finally voted for Obama...I am taking a chance on change and listening to his speech last night, I think change will do us good...

I will say that I am afraid for the man...I just hope that some wacko nutjob doesn't get some crazy ideas before he can prove himself....I wish him luck as it will be the hardest job but I think he may be able to do it...He has everyright to try...I am not a racist person, but I do know that it still exists in the depths of our country, and I just hope that there will not be any attemp on Obama's life...He earned the chance to run this country his way and it may be just what we need, someone willing to do things differently...

Here's to hope that things will be different...a good different...This was a very historic vote either way would have made for 2 firsts...We have come a long way from the 60's and should be proud that we can overcome ideas and ideals of our past history and move on as a united front..

I, too, vote every election even though I do not follow politics alot...I do it because at one point I would not have been able to as a woman...I take great pride in voting even if it is not the smartest or most informed vote. I respect the fact that other people choose not to vote for what ever reasons they feel...For the first time in my history, I am actually excited to see a presidency unfold and see what this man is capable of...even though I had some nagging dislike of him, when it came right down to it I felt he was the best man for the job...Maybe it is that latent underlying learned fear of black people from years ago that I still hold somewhere inside...I do not like to believe that something like that still lives there but it very well may...Again I am not racist or a bigot, but I cannot control what was taught to me about certain people beofre I was able to make my own decisions..I'd like to think I eradicated all of those teachings, but those kinds of teachings sometimes live very deep in the brain and do hinder decisions on an unconcious level...

Right now I am very proud of myself and our country for overcoming our past and moving on with our future...

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.