FlashChat Error Message -

RWK

Jun 3, 2007
San Antonio
State / Prov
Texas
Went to try Flashchat in preparation for Wednesday Night Chat and got this message -

Error 4.0.3 : No permissions set for usergroup 17.

Me too Rick.

V

Should be better now - tested with a few different usergroup combinations.

Thanks for the heads ups folks. As you can imagine there are a lot of settings that have to be reset from the changeover.

Ok Ryan, The chatroom was all buggy tonight ( Knife's Wife and I were in the room and got all kinds of weird stuff ) You might really need to sit down and go through that code line by line.

first of all - it was censoring ordinary words like bunch, gibberish, brother, - Joan got a warning to not spam the chatroom, I got a load of gibberish in the text box that I had to erase before I could type what I wanted to say.

ever since your next to last update.......The chatroom has been plagued with little bugs and glitches.

Thanks for the heads-up Ricky.

Along with everything else, we upgraded the FlashChat to version 6, hoping that would remove some of the annoying bugs from ver 5. It seems to have only brought new bugs.

I do test the chatroom when we make changes, but generally that's at a time of day when no one else is in there, so it makes the conversations a little ... odd?

I'm going to look around for a new chat solution. We've been doing battle with FlashChat for probably 4-5 years, and this is getting old. I don't like serving up products with persistent bugs.

I've installed a new chat room for us to test.

Ricky is now appointed official approver of the Chat Room :) We are currently running the limited free version of the chat room, and if it works well for us we'll purchase the full version.

So for now ... chat away!