Announcement Florist 2.0 Version 3

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
We're going to be officially launching version 3 today. Before the news goes public, I wanted to update our current F20 customers to make sure you're up to speed.
  1. Pricing
  2. Feature Changes
  3. Upgrade Schedule

1) One of the most popular questions is bound to be "what does it cost", or in your case "will my cost change?" Both are import questions, and I'm happy to give the answers :)

We have changed the pricing on F20 for this version. However, for those of you who are currently customers your price will not change unless you want it to. I'm a big believer in not only honouring agreements but also that "you dance with the one that brought you." Thus our current F20 customers will continue to pay the $80 / month rate (even if your initial contract has expired). I just don't think it's right to raise the rates on our most loyal customers, unless I have to.

So, with that understanding, here are the new F20 packages:
  • Standard - essentially the same as our old $80 package, with a few changes. Rate is $100 / mo
  • Help Me - the standard package + some active SEO like link building, local optimization, content writing. Rate is $300 / mo
  • Just Do It - this is the hands-off package, for florists who don't want to be updating their site. All the joy of the Help Me package + usability testing, site maintenance and other perks. Rate: $500 / mo
  • DIY - Just the software to install on your own site. No support / training / hosting included.

So, if you want to upgrade to a Help Me or Just Do It you can, and your rate will change accordingly. If you are happy where you're at, there's no change.

2) Feature Changes
The change in the feature set reflects the change in philosophy for this version. We've put less emphasis on the ecommerce, and more on building a great site. Everybody has ecommerce, now, and everyone has a catalogue to look through. We are giving you tools to incorporate all kinds of content - text, images, videos, forms, Flash, surveys, slide shows, maps, comments ... in any combination, and wherever you want them to be.

All of this could be quite confusing, except for the inline editing offered by our new content management system. This means you can be working in your browser from any computer and literally watch the page develop as you build it. It's as easy as selecting a page layout, then adding the blocks that you want to use. You can even drag and drop items from one area of a page to another!

Since the change is so dramatic, we've had to re-evaluate some of the features from the old platform. Some are completely moved to the new platform, some are pending future development, and some are being retired. The most notable changes are:
  • No more registering to place an order
  • No customer history (possibly to return later)
  • Blog is now an optional add-on, and is fully integrated with the site
  • Mailing list is now an optional add-on, and integrated with the site
  • Delivery charge by zip code
  • No more service level delivery (may return later)

Once you've had a look at V3 you can decide if you want to upgrade for the new features or stay on V2 for a while and use the old features.

3) Upgrade Schedule - "When Can I Have It!!"
I know a lot of you will be eager to upgrade as soon as possible, so here's the honest truth: this is a big transition, and it's not going to be cheap for us to upgrade sites. This means we can't just upgrade everyone right away - much as we'd like to. Instead, we'll be selecting sites to upgrade based on a number of factors including expressed interest from the florist, whether the appropriate POS integration is available and functioning well on the new platform, and how much you've been using and abusing your old site.

Cheers!

Thank you Ryan...

I did not know "abuse" would be a bonus... I'm onto it ;)

I need a bit of clarification, does standard mean we stay with the old version, or do we get the new version with very little help? If we get the new version and currently have a blog, do we get to keep it? And for those of us that do not have a pos that needs to be intregrated where does it put us in the upgrade schedule? Also will the user's manual still be in wiki, or integrated with the new version?

Good questions, Susan :)

I need a bit of clarification, does standard mean we stay with the old version, or do we get the new version with very little help?

Current F20 users will be moved into the standard package, with no increase in fee. All Standard users will get the same level of support currently offered. The "Help Me" package is for those who need a little SEO help in addition to the regular platform.

If we get the new version and currently have a blog, do we get to keep it?

Yes - we won't take away features options that you already have in use.

And for those of us that do not have a pos that needs to be intregrated where does it put us in the upgrade schedule?

That depends a bit on your preferences. For security purposes we will not be offering the manual credit card option as storing the credit card information online can be a security concern. You will have the options of PayPal, Authorize.Net, POS integration, or as a last resort we have an option that lets the customer order without entering payment info (you would need to call and collect payment details). We may add support for other payment options like Google Checkout if there is sufficient demand.

Also will the user's manual still be in wiki, or integrated with the new version?

The manual will probably transition to a new format, but it will continue to be online. The wiki format was used in hopes that our users would interact with the pages a bit, but that hasn't happened. I would not be surprised to see more video training in the future.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Good questions, Susan :)

Current F20 users will be moved into the standard package, with no increase in fee. All Standard users will get the same level of support currently offered. The "Help Me" package is for those who need a little SEO help in addition to the regular platform.

Yes - we won't take away features options that you already have in use.

That depends a bit on your preferences. For security purposes we will not be offering the manual credit card option as storing the credit card information online can be a security concern. You will have the options of PayPal, Authorize.Net, POS integration, or as a last resort we have an option that lets the customer order without entering payment info (you would need to call and collect payment details). We may add support for other payment options like Google Checkout if there is sufficient demand. I process off line through TF but I am integrated with FW, does this mean that I will have to change how I process my cards? Or because it comes through FW (most of the time) I will have access to the card there and can still process off line? I take it also that the only info missing on the order in the back office will be the CC#?

Standard - essentially the same as our old $80 package, with a few changes. Rate is $100 / mo

Read more: Announcement Florist 2.0 Version 3
Where professional florists grow FC Professional Florist Community

We have changed the pricing on F20 for this version. However, for those of you who are currently customers your price will not change unless you want it to. I'm a big believer in not only honouring agreements but also that "you dance with the one that brought you." Thus our current F20 customers will continue to pay the $80 / month rate (even if your initial contract has expired). I just don't think it's right to raise the rates on our most loyal customers, unless I have to.

So, with that understanding, here are the new F20 packages:
  • Standard - essentially the same as our old $80 package, with a few changes. Rate is $100 / mo Sorry to be thick but I still do not get if I pay $100.00 or $80.00 and still get the changes. I certainly want the new, as I have Played hard with the old and need some excitement in my website life! So I am ready, and waiting!

The manual will probably transition to a new format, but it will continue to be online. The wiki format was used in hopes that our users would interact with the pages a bit, but that hasn't happened. I would not be surprised to see more video training in the future.

Standard - essentially the same as our old $80 package, with a few changes. Rate is $100 / mo

I process off line through TF but I am integrated with FW, does this mean that I will have to change how I process my cards? Or because it comes through FW (most of the time) I will have access to the card there and can still process off line? I take it also that the only info missing on the order in the back office will be the CC#?

You're integrated via FloristWare, so no problem for you.

Sorry to be thick but I still do not get if I pay $100.00 or $80.00 and still get the changes. I certainly want the new, as I have Played hard with the old and need some excitement in my website life! So I am ready, and waiting!

You will continue paying $80, but get the $100 package. It's the same package ... new people are just going to pay a little more.

The only way an existing customer will pay more is if they upgrade to "Help Me" or "Just Do It" to get the extra SEO work.

Reactions: Toddxxx
I pull my card details off through the back office, will i still be able to do this?

I pull my card details off through the back office, will i still be able to do this?

Not as it's currently done. The way we store credit cards is secure - but if the encryption key was ever hacked there could be liability issues. It's safer for you and your clients if you don't store the CC info online. We're exploring options for users in your situation, who don't opt for Authorize.Net or PayPal, but there will be a cost comparable to the POS integration modules.

Not as it's currently done. The way we store credit cards is secure - but if the encryption key was ever hacked there could be liability issues. It's safer for you and your clients if you don't store the CC info online. We're exploring options for users in your situation, who don't opt for Authorize.Net or PayPal, but there will be a cost comparable to the POS integration modules.

So what type of cost are we talking? It is not justifiable for me to employ a card supplier to take them off as there is an extra charge to do this and i dont get enough orders. Thanks.

So what type of cost are we talking? It is not justifiable for me to employ a card supplier to take them off as there is an extra charge to do this and i dont get enough orders. Thanks.

I use Quickbooks POS because it is fully intregrated with Quickbooks Financial and my merchant services. Are you able to integrate with Quickbooks? I agree, I do not want to have to pay additional to paypal or another merchant service for the few orders I get through my website.

I use Quickbooks POS because it is fully intregrated with Quickbooks Financial and my merchant services. Are you able to integrate with Quickbooks? I agree, I do not want to have to pay additional to paypal or another merchant service for the few orders I get through my website.

Quickbooks POS doesn't interface with web sites directly, they require a third-party integrator. These programs cost anywhere from $300 - $1,500 / year, plus you'd have a one-time cost of $200 (or so) to Strider for an integration module.

On the other hand, PayPal is 2.9% on each transaction which is probably pretty close to what you're paying for CC clearing now. Even if you have a good bank rate on CC and you're paying 1.9%, it would take around $50,000 in sales to make the Quickbooks integration cost effective.

Susan, paypal is really easy to use, and you sign up for free. You want to get started on the process right away though, because they will verify your checking account by making a few small deposits and then withdraw them again. This can take a couple of days. I LOVE paypal because it is actually cheaper for me in the long run, you only pay the fee per sale, there is no monthly fee. The only thing is that they will e-mail you when they process an order and you have to go and accept the payment within 30 days. Also, the money is not deposited into your checking account. It is a paypal account, and you have to go into it a transfer the funds to your checking. Or do like I do, and use those funds for purchases on line.

Susan, paypal is really easy to use, and you sign up for free. You want to get started on the process right away though, because they will verify your checking account by making a few small deposits and then withdraw them again. This can take a couple of days. I LOVE paypal because it is actually cheaper for me in the long run, you only pay the fee per sale, there is no monthly fee. The only thing is that they will e-mail you when they process an order and you have to go and accept the payment within 30 days. Also, the money is not deposited into your checking account. It is a paypal account, and you have to go into it a transfer the funds to your checking. Or do like I do, and use those funds for purchases on line.

Linda makes a great point and reminded of another thing: With PayPal you can have a MasterCard debit card and get 1%-1.5% cash back each month on your purchases.

Ryan, let me know when my number's up! BTW, thanks for the fix last week. All is well!

Sloan

Re: CC processing changes

Ryan, I understand the why of the CC change but I would just like to put my hand up to say that I am one of those who would prefer a different solution if one becomes available.

I have looked into the PayPal option and it does have some plus's (like consumer confidence) but most of my CC payments are currently charged at 0.81% (yeah that's right ;)). It certainly won't be the end of the world but like everyone else I am trying to keep my overheads as low as possible.

Ryan, I understand the why of the CC change but I would just like to put my hand up to say that I am one of those who would prefer a different solution if one becomes available.

I have looked into the PayPal option and it does have some plus's (like consumer confidence) but most of my CC payments are currently charged at 0.81% (yeah that's right ;)). It certainly won't be the end of the world but like everyone else I am trying to keep my overheads as low as possible.