Status
Not open for further replies.

LORRIE

Jan 6, 2004
HOLLYWOOD,FLA
flowersforyouhollywood
State / Prov
florida
Has anyone made a flyer advertising FC to distribute to florists at meetings etc.?
I am going to a few events soon and thought something in print might be helpful. No need to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done.

Flyer

LORRIE said:
Has anyone made a flyer advertising FC to distribute to florists at meetings etc.?
I am going to a few events soon and thought something in print might be helpful. No need to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done.

I thought of it but few of the florists in this town see the need for the internet let alone that of a florist only chat area. Scary but true.

Audra

What I had in mind was a florist association meeting and the mid season conference- Also our reps who visit from shop to shop often bring flyers about events to other shops and perhaps a wholesaler or two that might help distribute them (just with our area i mind- might work differently in other areas)

Reactions: 1 person
There is not one that I know of...but it's not a bad idea...

If you would lke to put something together and send it to me I'll give you a hand with it...

My plates pretty full right now or I'd give it a shot...

I would be more than happy to make up a flyer and hand it out among other florists that I know.

I go to the flower auction on a regular basis and get chatting with lots there that I wouldnt see otherwise, so, I will be sure to make some up and....tell my flower friends!

I have not been on here much since I signed on as a member so my posts are few (this is my second) but from what I have seen, this site is great, I would love to promote it! :yourock:

I also would be happy distibute some to the area florists and the wholesalers are always happy to help, they have in the past with shows, we reach 3 states successfully. Get them here and I will deliver to all, great idea!

When it is done, it could be posted in such a way (although I am not sure how that works) so that all of us could click on it and then print off copies when we are going to a meeting or such. Anyone know the best way to do that?

Smiles

Smiles said:
When it is done, it could be posted in such a way (although I am not sure how that works) so that all of us could click on it and then print off copies when we are going to a meeting or such. Anyone know the best way to do that?

Smiles

Can be done... no problem. Once it's together, we'll make sure it is avaiable to all...

BOSS said:
Can be done... no problem. Once it's together, we'll make sure it is avaiable to all...
Yup - PDF is perfect.

Ryan

flowerchat flyer

Trying to work on this today since our florist Associaton meeting is tomorrow.I don't know how to post a finished product and would like any input form you all before we do the finished flyer tomorrow. Our computer dude will be in tomorrow and will pretty up what ever we do . I would like to print it on colored 81/2 by 11 paper. As follows:

"REAL ANSWERS FOR REAL FLORISTS!
WWW.FLOWERCHAT.COM
is a FREE forum dedicated to helping real bricks and mortar florists
survive and prosper. Floral questions, delivery delimas, wire service
woes are all addressed in an easy to read organized fashion. Share
your experiances,querey others in the same situation!
Where is YOUR business going in 2005?

Take a moment to check out this free forum!
WWW.FLOWERCHAT.COM"

Any input is welcome!

REAL ANSWERS FOR REAL FLORISTS!
WWW.FLOWERCHAT.COM
is a FREE forum dedicated to helping real bricks and mortar florists
survive and prosper. Floral questions, delivery dilemma, wire service
woes are all addressed in an easy to read organized fashion. Share
your experiences, query others in the same situation!
Where is YOUR business going in 2005?

Take a moment to check out this free forum!
WWW.FLOWERCHAT.COM"

(Spelling Corrected)

Thx Lorrie & Ryan

Will be printing some of these myself for our North Central Alabama Florist Association meeting tonight.

Glenn

Glenn,
Mark also suggested mentioning the FREE Real florist dirctory on www.reallocalflorists.com and the blog direct link www.realflorist.com which I will add .I also think a mention of the detective site is in order.
Ryan thanks for the clean up!!

If anyone wants a copy of the finished product please give me your fax number and I will send a copy for you to copy and distribute in your area.

Thanks Lori, I will take one of those copies please.
705-848-8710
Luc

LORRIE said:
Mark also suggested mentioning the FREE Real florist dirctory on www.reallocalflorists.com and the blog direct link www.realflorist.com which I will add

Yep, these need to be included... and then we need to load it up here, so that everyone has access to it.. if you want, email it to me, and I will post the finished copy here...

There is a general rule that many things reach a critical mass when adoption exceeds twenty percent.

With most of the US florists still using the old ways, there's little motivation to create new systems or new relationships to improve their profits. The twenty percent rule says that the impetus to create more real florists tools will only surface when "real florists" adoption become great enough, after which the better tools will impel more and more florists to adopt the new trend, creating a snowball effect.

As I have suggested before if each FlowerChat member would bring 10 new members...we could work our way to move over that hump of twenty percent...

Broadband in the US now exceeds thirty percent, and JupiterResearch expects it to grow much more quickly than in the past few years. Broadband, in other words, is over the hump. And, yea, that's going to have a big impact on the way florists do digital business.

Lorrie, our association meeting is next week, and I'd surely like to distribute this information to our members. Thanks for your generousity.
Our fax #1-864-269-3403

Local wholesalers

As I have mentioned before, one of my local wholesalers has agreed to pass the info around as well...

I know not everyone will find one willing to do so, but if you take the time to explain to them that if they lose many florists, they too will lose biz, you might find that they are willing to assist in spreading the word...

It IS worth a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.