FlowerChat origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAH!!
How do you frame a quote?

Like this?

If you click REPLY on the bottom right it will quote the message you're answering.

Also if you get something somewhere else and paste it in - you drag and highlight what you're quoting then click the little balloon
quote.gif
above where I am typing now in the replying box

Like this?

If you click REPLY on the bottom right it will quote the message you're answering.

Also if you get something somewhere else and paste it in - you drag and highlight what you're quoting then click the little balloon
quote.gif
No i just want to highlight a portion of a quote, how do you do that?

No i just want to highlight a portion of a quote, how do you do that?

If you want to bold it or whatever right in the editor you just highlight it and click the B above here. Even in the quoted part you can bold or italicize or underline or change colors or size.

Well I would just like to say that I am DAM happy I found this board because most of you are from the States or the UK and the first time I got on, I met a friendly soul who happend to have a shop just 30 mins away from me. Karla:)
and its good that us two aussies can spill our 2 cents worth whenever we can and your all happy to hear what we have to say as well!
I am not one of the orginals but regardless of when anyone joined I am sure we are all very VERY happy to be able to say what we feel like on here and be understanded!
Thanks Ryan ( even though I do not talk to you regularly ) for building and maintaining a wonderful world of flowerchaters :headbang:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonlovesflowers
YEAH!!
How do you frame a quote?

Like this?

....i do not have any B icons nor the quote icon?the only icons(14) I have are at the botton of the reply block

across the top in the title bar of this little window I'm typing in right now, right under the word message:

not at the bottom - unless my monitor is upside down

WAIT!

If you want to bold it or whatever right in the editor you just highlight it and click the B above here. Even in the quoted part you can bold or italicize or underline or change colors or size.

ok, I think I've got it now

thanks

....it seems different from most other board editors I've used in the past
all the editing needs to be done before you hit the reply button. right?
kinda like gmail....that has thrown me for a mental loop also

or I just do not spend enough time messing on this machine!

Um...nope... you hit reply then edit, then hit the submit button

well I can tell you I do not have any editing buttons I see on the page when I try and reply
**no B for bold nor size buttons nor font color buttons and NOT any kind of editing buttons.
I think my connection is corrupted.

I also notice after I submit my reply the replied to post does not show up when I click on the "new posts" button sometimes for a very long time and at the minimum, until someone responds to it. ??

something is wierd w/ my application. this is how it has been from the beginning for me

the only 'editing' controls I get in the REPLY TO THREAD box is the 'post icons' sub-box

ah ha! I went to the 'user cp' and found out I selected the 'basic editing' button instead of the 'wysiwyg'
selection. Now the control buttons are at the top of my reply box

thanks for the push!

I also notice after I submit my reply the replied to post does not show up when I click on the "new posts" button sometimes for a very long time and at the minimum, until someone responds to it. ??

When you create a post it doesn't appear in New Posts for you - because you have read it. New Posts shows posts you haven't looked at yet. Others will see your post because they haven't read it.

Ryan

ah ha! I went to the 'user cp' and found out I selected the 'basic editing' button instead of the 'wysiwyg'
selection. Now the control buttons are at the top of my reply box

thanks for the push!
I love it when a plan comes together.... :bouncy:

FTD's board had accountability, but was limited to FTD members, and had no means for expressing personality or character.

I really enjoyed the FTD Board (though FC is so much better) and was disappointed when they took it down. How many other boards can you actually post messages and discuss issues with the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation? Those were some fun exchanges!
Ryan, you've done a great job here at FlowerChat. I have learned so much over the years. Congratulations to you!

I miss HERO and George Simon!

Hey ... maybe one day Strider will be a multi-mil corp ...

If that happens I'll still chat here :)

Hey ... maybe one day Strider will be a multi-mil corp ...

If that happens I'll still chat here :)

And we can all say we knew him when.....:headbang:

Well I would just like to say that I am DAM happy I found this board because most of you are from the States or the UK and the first time I got on, I met a friendly soul who happend to have a shop just 30 mins away from me. Karla:)
and its good that us two aussies can spill our 2 cents worth whenever we can and your all happy to hear what we have to say as well!
I am not one of the orginals but regardless of when anyone joined I am sure we are all very VERY happy to be able to say what we feel like on here and be understanded!
Thanks Ryan ( even though I do not talk to you regularly ) for building and maintaining a wonderful world of flowerchaters :headbang:

Hey, don't forget Canada... it's where this place was born! :)

V

I remember the FTD board and would lurk once in a blue moon. I stumbled on this board accidentally a few times over the past few years while researching SEO for my websites. For some reason this last time I stumbled here, it really sparked my interest. Props to the core posters, you guys are an important cog in the performance of this message board engine.

Ah YES, during the reign of small bob, the destroyer.

the infinite one said:
FTD's board had accountability, but was limited to FTD members, and had no means for expressing personality or character.

whoaa, do not let toto find out you said this!

He was full of personality and character on the old FTD board until he got banned because he was willing to voice the truth. I learned much from the master toto!

Ah YES, those wonderful memories of small bob (the destroyer) during his reign of bipolar terror when he stated: " I TRIED THE CARROT, but that didn't work. So now, I'm going to use the stick. (on the members) lol

Just one of those: " I can't stand your heat and so, I'll get you out of my kitchen. In fact, I'm closing down the kitchen too! "

As long as you told small bob what he needed to hear, life was grand in the Emerald City. :scooter:

Well, being the loose cannon that I am, I could never hold back! :boomsmili

small bob under the direction of little dick, came in for the cash kill, and off they all went into the sunset with not so much as a THANK YOU MAM!

Thanks for remembering personalities under fire! :duel:

Status
Not open for further replies.