flowerjosh Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it...

This potential member is using the information posted on this chatroom for personal use, as stated.

What I don't get is what information would or could he contribute to members of this forum?

There is no background in shop ownership, design, marketing, wire services...heck even order gathering that he could provide to us.

So why are we opening the door?

So he can publish his research in the Wall Street Journal about our "darkest secrets"?

I just don't get it sometimes (our approval process)...

Josh,

What do you intend on sharing with the community so we may learn something from you???

Do you have the intention on lurking and reading all about what you want and then dissappearing with the information you have taken??

We have a certain amount of give and take and lately we have been boraged with a whole bunch of takers and a handful or givers....

Maybe its just me, but after the last few days I am leery of new members. I dont think my vote holds much weight but, why does he want to know what impact mass merchants are having on real florist? Why does he want to see how the WS will do?
He still hasnt answered any questions, not really. Is his study so he can go back to mass merchants and say these are the area you need to work on. And the same with WS. Thats just opnion. What can he contribute to the real florist industry? I have worked my tail off to get where I am today, just like most of you. I have learned by trial and error, worked 36 hour shifts just to get it all done. I have a business license, pay taxes, rent, insurance and the whole nine yards. I would like for him to tell us what he can contribute to the real brick and mortor hard working florist.

Sorry, I got carried away.:bouquet:

Reactions: 1 person
I think sometimes we over estimate what's said in here. It's all useful content, in context, but it's not a formally organized catalogue or encyclopedia of real florist knowledge. It's not like we're leaving the playbook on the field for the opposition to see.

The value of FlowerChat is in the community, and most folks will only realize that value through prolonged exposure and interaction.

Just my 2 cents on a tired afternoon ...

Ryan

Reactions: 2 people
Well I guess at some point I need to get with this voteing issue or at lease figure out how the heck one votes. Can anyone explain that to me ?
Steve, at the top right of each post there is a set of scales, like the balance of justice...by clicking on the scales a new box pops, and in there is an "I approve" and a "I disapprove" radio button to click, with a place to leave a comment.

Your name is not included with the comment, so if you want someone to know that you were the responsible party, you need to also sign your comments.

Ryan, an excellent observation and post. :)

V

Mark, thanks for pointing out my "post" number! Holy cow I'm a chatty thing. ;)

V

Infinite, thank you for your comment, I agree and think it is absolutely true. I don't quite understand why this community must be shut off from "outsiders" What information is on here that you absolutely don't want anyone else to know? It's not as though he owns a shop and is stealing all artwork and secrets to compete with your businesses. Can't we all just get along??

This is my opinion....on why many should not be here....

There are many OGs and wire services that belong and have never even as much as said boo...We do know that they read here because people have been called on things they have said about certain subjects(because we have some member who obviously hobknob with some of the corporate mucky mucks)...We whine, @@@@@ and complain about how the ws and ogs suck and we basically let all know our weaknesses by doing so because we can't seem to get past the whining @@@@@ing and complaining(guilty here). Many of us openly admit to not knowing how to do many business type things ie marketing, advertising, web site, seo....this lets all those know that they should work harder in these areas...Not that it is rocket science but it is behind the scenes stuff that they don't need to know...

Also, when we find new ideas that work for us along the lines of these items, we come on here and tell each other and when we hear our customers or the public catching onto the OGs' and WS we tell each other our findings keeping all of them in the know also(not saying they don't know already, but if they didn't we tell them)

As for home based florists or hobbiest florists, I really don't care if they are here...They already know they are cheating the system (if they are)and if they do not know how to design they have no hope anyway...What little they learn here is not going to make them stellar florists....We do not have to answer the really silly questions we can choose to just ignore them...as we would if a bride came in and asked if we could teach her how to make her bokay....

This is my opinion....on why many should not be here....

There are many OGs and wire services that belong and have never even as much as said boo...We do know that they read here because people have been called on things they have said about certain subjects(because we have some member who obviously hobknob with some of the corporate mucky mucks)...We whine, @@@@@ and complain about how the ws and ogs suck and we basically let all know our weaknesses by doing so because we can't seem to get past the whining @@@@@ing and complaining(guilty here). Many of us openly admit to not knowing how to do many business type things ie marketing, advertising, web site, seo....this lets all those know that they should work harder in these areas...Not that it is rocket science but it is behind the scenes stuff that they don't need to know...

I agree, but I also think there's a rat or 2 in the kitchen. Sometimes the most dangerous are those that hide behind a mask.

Hmmm ... not so sure

I think sometimes we over estimate what's said in here. Ryan

Prolonged exposure may makes the content even more valuable but I think you may be underestimating the power Flowerchat has and what could be gleaned from simply reading the posts to date.

On the negative side yes it does allow the weaknesses to be seen - which could assist a predator - but on the positive side it also allows for the strength of feeling to be shared which can help florists by showing they are not alone.

With particular relation to Josh I would not underestimate what you can offer but I am not sure it will or, in fairness to him, could ever be reciprocated just because of the business he is in and what he needs the information for.

And if that's just lost me a fee so be it!

Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies.