FTD decon's not working

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
Sent several orders to be delivered last week and only got dcon's on 25% of them............I've sent out several orders to go out this week including 6 or 7 for tomorrow (Tuesday) and I've already gotten 2 dcon's back that they were delivered at 9:45am on Tuesday.....................this is only Monday!!! so I guess just send the dcon when you get the order whether it's delivered or not.

We've sent dcons for the ones we have delivered so far..........but it's a real pain in the butt.

I've already gotten 2 dcon's back that they were delivered at 9:45am on Tuesday.....................this is only Monday!!! so I guess just send the dcon when you get the order whether it's delivered or not.
Seems FTD's antiquated technology has a back door ;)

I'm still trying to figure out the "proper way" to dcon a delivery that is postponed for one or the other reasons. A simple call to the sending florist is enough to solve the problem, BUTT FTD won't recognize that as acceptable for a delayed dcon. MOOOOO Money for it!

I'm still trying to figure out the "proper way" to dcon a delivery that is postponed for one or the other reasons. A simple call to the sending florist is enough to solve the problem, BUTT FTD won't recognize that as acceptable for a delayed dcon. MOOOOO Money for it!

You have to send an "ask" message requesting to change the date......and the sending florist has to send an "ans" message confirming the date change, if these two things don't happen you pays the MOOOO money fee.

It's going t be a real pain when sending a Chistmas order that our customer says send it anytime this week or send it Dec 21, 22, 23, or 24th as long as it's there before Christmas.............What are we to do with those orders so that the filling and sending shop dosen't have to send a pile of extra messages???

You have to send an "ask" message requesting to change the date......and the sending florist has to send an "ans" message confirming the date change, if these two things don't happen you pays the MOOOO money fee.

It's going t be a real pain when sending a Chistmas order that our customer says send it anytime this week or send it Dec 21, 22, 23, or 24th as long as it's there before Christmas.............What are we to do with those orders so that the filling and sending shop dosen't have to send a pile of extra messages???
This right here, is the broken part of this money grab scheme...especially at Christmas orders are multi-dated for delivery over a range of days... their system does not account for this.

Also, they failed to create a message like DDATE that the system could recognize where the date was the topic of the message. Apparently any ASK message qualifies?

Now, if every florists was running on MAS Direct (and other independents) they would have real time updates of delivery changes in the delivering shop.

I have flooded the FTD exec suite with messages, that we MUST start with a daily d-con, where we group together the messages on ONE sheet, just like manual order rec's.
Also, tech is working on a simple application, whereby, on the user interface, there is a series of buttons, which are "attached" to each incoming order, with either the recips name, or the order number, and as each order is "deconned", the button goes blank, instead of all the wasted paper!!

Sent several orders to be delivered last week and only got dcon's on 25% of them............I've sent out several orders to go out this week including 6 or 7 for tomorrow (Tuesday) and I've already gotten 2 dcon's back that they were delivered at 9:45am on Tuesday.....................this is only Monday!!! so I guess just send the dcon when you get the order whether it's delivered or not.

That's fraud, plain and simple. Those florists who send out dcon before delivery should be fired.

Reactions: makescents
That's fraud, plain and simple. Those florists who send out dcon before delivery should be fired.

maybe the "greedy keeper" of the dcon, needs to be fired!!

Reactions: makescents

Maybe so........But don't you think the inventors of this program were asking for problems like this when starting a new set of rules implementing them during a peek delivery season?

If this program were started in July or Aug most of the bugs would be ironed out before the rush, not in Dec when most of us have better things to do than cope with and train staff on these new rules.

We've sent dcons for the ones we have delivered so far..........but it's a real pain in the butt.

The whole thing is a mess. This is what ANY wire service will get when they FORCE a policy on us that COSTS us money - garbage results.

We hardley get ANY dcons on orders we send...3 to 4 a day on a normal day, about 100 for C-mas ..... I really don't care, as we do dcon's the old fashioned way: if there's a problem with your order, we'll CALL you! Otherwise, it was delivered on the day you requested. Easy-peasy...

Whatever happened to 'trust' in the floral industry. Oh - silly me, that's right - the DOG's took it away with their skimmin'.

- H.

Maybe so........But don't you think the inventors of this program were asking for problems like this when starting a new set of rules implementing them during a peek delivery season?

Sending a fake dcon is irrational; if you do, you are taking too much economical risk, in exchange for the saving of mere 50 cents.

If even 1% of fake dcons were proved fraudulent, a possible penalty for that would most likely exceed any saving from sending 100 fake dcons ($50). So it makes no sense.

It would be much more economical to just ignore dcons, so you can save the time. Ignoring 100 dcons would save us at least a few hundred minutes, or 3-4 hours, of labor. This saving should cancel out any "loss" of 100 x 50 cents for not sending dcons.

Boy - Am I glad I am no longer an FTD money giver...

Can you imagine how Valentines is going to go with this?? Y'all have FUN now! LY

Mayor

The whole thing is a mess. This is what ANY wire service will get when they FORCE a policy on us that COSTS us money - garbage results.

We hardley get ANY dcons on orders we send...3 to 4 a day on a normal day, about 100 for C-mas ..... I really don't care, as we do dcon's the old fashioned way: if there's a problem with your order, we'll CALL you! Otherwise, it was delivered on the day you requested. Easy-peasy...

Whatever happened to 'trust' in the floral industry. Oh - silly me, that's right - the DOG's took it away with their skimmin'.

Read more: FTD decon's not working - Page 2 - FlowerChat Community - by Strider Inc
Florist websites Florist 2.0
I'm with you. Waste of time, paper, toner and staff. This is stupid. Make it go away or at least not print a piece of paper each time.

If even 1% of fake dcons were proved fraudulent, a possible penalty for that would most likely exceed any saving from sending 100 fake dcons ($50). So it makes no sense.
What's the penalty?

Ignoring 100 dcons would save us at least a few hundred minutes, or 3-4 hours, of labor.
You know I just gotta say this....

They're trying to make sure florists use up all their excess capacity.

*ducks*

my recommendation for what it's worth?
Send the decons last thing during the day...turn the printer off before you send them.......you'll have a sequence number - just note them on the original order.

my recommendation for what it's worth?
Send the decons last thing during the day...turn the printer off before you send them.......you'll have a sequence number - just note them on the original order.
Too complicated...........windows prnt spooler will print them when you turn the printer back on, unless you reboot or delete them from the print que

now let's get this straight...there is ABSOLUTELY nothing "wrong" with d'cons, it should be a "standard" feature for ALL orders sent AND received.
Numerous times, ALL of us, have one time or another, sent out an "ASK" requesting delivery confirmation...WHY should we HAVE to "ask"??
The problem with THIS particular gorilla, is 1), it's timing and 2) it's true intent...I'm pretty sure, that FTD has NO real "interest" in whether or not you actually DO a decon, only the financial WINDFALL, of this stupid tax on our time, AND resources, and on those shops who are NOT "refunded" the tax increase...what a totally stupid policy.
This should push a few more shop owners to pull out of FTD, and with dwindling coverage, it MAY just be the final harbinger of the entire organization....even WE send out quite a few orders each week, and fewer, and fewer travel the merc highway, for lack of end points.
I feel NO remorse, in being "THAT shop" that gladly hands out phone numbers to shops that have PULLED OUT of wire services, to my customers, who have NO problems calling direct, and have NO PROBLEM, coming back, and saying thanks, with their LOCAL business!!
The financial incentive to BE in a wire service anymore, just ISN'T there, and each time ANY of the WS's raise their fees, they just dig another inch, into the bottom of their own graves.
DeCons are a great tool, problem IS, the "tools" that rolled it OUT!!

Reactions: KABERS and CHR
I'm with Mikey... BUTT

They should be fully automated... it's simple technology....

Get MAS, Mas Direct, FloristWare, FAS... dump the WS technology!!