FTD decon's not working

just kinda wanted to make me go "moooo".....

Must be the reason why TOTO loves MIKEY!

Your fantastic sense of Humor!

Maybe SOMEDAY, SOME WAY, us WEE BEES will flip the cards on the DEALERS and lay down our long overdue Royal Straight Flush, and after they've all gone ALL IN!

That's the day when WEE CAN ALL WALK AWAY as WINNERS, ey?
lol

Now I'm really P*ssed

Another stupid glitch.
Got an order at Christmas....florist sent it twice, so sent them an ask message on #1 telling them it was a duplicate, they sent back a can message on order # 2. I confirmed and attached all copies together with order #1 and filed them. (I should have looked more closely because the order they cancelled was not the one I sent the ask on)
We filled order #2 delivered it and sent a dcon but never got the dcon credit for it......get to find out we delivered the cancelled order.............but how come if it was cancelled we could still send a dcon?????????????

Just rechecked my statement and we also got charged a merc fee for the cancelled order!!!!!!!!!!! now I'm more than a little p*ssed

I have also shared some unpleasantness with them over "early" delcons, as in receive order on 8th, for delivery on 10th, sending shop "calls" and their sender has had a change of heart, and wants it delivered on the 9th, it gets delivered, it's "delconned" on the 9th, and the Merc Host sees that as a "late delcon" and doesn't "credit" your clearinghouse.
Have been extremely surprised at the high level of support at HQ these days, and am pretty pleased with some of the "new" support staff, so, this particular one, "suggested" that I set aside this order, and wait till the following day, to delcon..."I say, so,we are at a stalemate??.....YOUR system is UNABLE to be flexible, but, you want MY system to be flexible to YOURS??...I confirm AND delcon the day the order is delivered, would YOU want that function"??...yes, I'll be speaking to tech support and see how we can "solve this".....
By the way, she says, the "easiest way" to handle this would be to send a "date change" to the sending shop.....I give her ANOTHER order number, and after several ask/answers, the shop at the "other" end STILL doesn't get how to do it...we follow thru the paperwork, and her answer..."you'll be hearing back from me!!!"....

by the way, from the launch of the delcon program, the shop participation rate has dropped dramatically, so, the number percentage of shops that have returned "delcons" to us, is now hovering around 15%...right in line with what BBJ has been reporting!!
So, these shops either DON'T care, or have NO idea, and in BOTH cases, it's gonna be a dreadful future riding the FTD albatross

I've seen that to Mikey. Prior to the "mandatory DCON" I received many more than I am seeing today.

December was dismal, for return messages.

I just got off the phone, with a VERY "productive" phone call from Mercury Tech about some of the "seething" issues with Merc Direct regarding Decons....

Let's just say that there a good number of florists who are FTD who have no idea about the decon rule....... I have told them about it and I wouldn't have known it unless I read it here first. I get no general messages or newsletter. I also turn my computer off at night (it's old....old....) so the merc direct is off until I turn it back on.....

hmm, maybe I'll put a little blurb in our newsletter about it..... BTW, I've received only 1 Decon on orders I've sent out....... (2 months worth)

On the other hand, we're getting (and sending) tons. I wish we weren't. The amount of paper this wastes is ridiculous.

On the other hand, we're getting (and sending) tons. I wish we weren't. The amount of paper this wastes is ridiculous.
to that I say YEAH! Maybe our paper mill will come back online and employees will get called back to work..........It is a renewable resource...

I just got off the phone, with a VERY "productive" phone call from Mercury Tech about some of the "seething" issues with Merc Direct regarding Decons....

Do you mean they are going to cancel the whole program?? :bouncy:
If not it WASN'T a productive phone call and it's still wasting our time and paper just to make dot.com look good!

If not it WASN'T a productive phone call and it's still wasting our time and paper just to make dot.com look good!

I've already said, I'm ON it John.....

Really? A productive phone call into Downers Grove?

Then why are you if you wish you weren't? You burn out to it sooner or later.

to that I say YEAH! Maybe our paper mill will come back online and employees will get called back to work..........It is a renewable resource...
We can only hope Rhonda!!

Why do they print them anyway? Don't they attach to the order electronically? What the heck do you need paper for?

Teleflora, Is headed for delcons as of March 1st I believe. I have not read anything about there being a charge involved at all. Their beta testing also prints the message and yes it is a HUGE waste of paper and having to log the numbers also.
Delivery Pool has still not come up with any way reasonable way to handle the issue of decons for pool. Have not heard of any other florist delivery pool coming up with any good ideas either.

Delivery Pool has still not come up with any way reasonable way to handle the issue of decons for pool. Have not heard of any other florist delivery pool coming up with any good ideas either.
That's because they're technically challenged. If all members of the pool ran the same POS, like MAS it would all be done in real time.

So, Are you saying that you can buy the delivery manager program from MAS and run it on any computer system?

If that is the case, what is price for such a program and tech support for it?

Joan
I think you'd have to have a central (pool) station then satellite stations (stores).

I'll leave the rest to Hal.

3-4 years ago, Herb, myself and a couple others explored this monster,"Delivery Pool Technologies" but the simple issue is that you need a common platform, that all pool members entered their deliveries into at the shop, checked them in at the pool, and the pool drivers would have to check them in and note them if necessary. It can be done.