FTD decon's not working

OK...so far, we're getting back 35% of our outgoing orders d'conned, 15% more, we've actually CONTACTED the fill shops, and "advised" them of the procedure and ramifications, and 50%, seem not to care, one way or another.
So, on the surface, it would "seem" that 35% of shops are on the ball, 15%, are understaffed, and overworked, and 50%, SHOULDN'T get any orders sent to them.
ALL our incomings have been decon'd, and I'm actually "surprised" how easy it was to "train" our network of drivers, to just call us, when deliveries are done, even during this busy time.
We came up with a simple plan, for our drivers, ANY orders that require a shop callback, we stamp a RED heart on the delivery slips, very easy to do during the order ticket process, THEN, when they DO call back, we stamp the order "face",in plain view, when d'con'd, and file the order.
"Pending" d'cons sit at rest in a separate box,until the process is done.
So far, not so bad, BUT, YESTERDAY, or day before, FTD has sent around a "questionaire" for our "feedback" for V-day containers.
THIS PROVES TO ME, how OUT of touch, the execs at FTD truly are "this should ONLY take a few minutes of your time"!!
Sorry Execs....I have NO MORE TIME for YOU...PERMANENTLY!!

Reactions: TOTO
If the florist is using mercury delivery it's automatic. Otherwise on the main menu the florist should go to mercury message and select delivery confirmation and fill out. It's an answer message. Not sure why a florist would have mercury and not use mercury delivery.

If you belong to a delivery Pool, where you send in 60-70% of your orders, you can't efficiently use the merx del module. yup, I've tried...

- H.

Reactions: Knife's Wife
I could be missing something here but why on earth would you be willing to pay a $1.50 to send a delivery confirmation on a discount order. Are you making that much money that you can afford to give up the $1.50 This may be the time to cut your loses and stop filling everything but real florists orders. I for sure wouldn't want to make an order gatherer look good!

You pay $1.50 (transmission fee) on every order you receive. If you do not send in the dcons, you are charged an additional $0.50 per order. You do not pay send a dcon.

This is the same trick 800 uses, and FTD followed suite and virtually copied their program. 800 has been using this for years.

TEL is going to have dcons too. I have not had time to read the article, but Dad was reading it the other day. His only comment: "How sad this industry has become. There is no trust anymore, and every wire service has an equal part of responsibility for the customers losing our trust."

I added: and we play the game, day after day.

I have a feeling 2010 will be a game-changing year.

- H.

TEL is going to have dcons too. I have not had time to read the article, but Dad was reading it the other day. His only comment: "How sad this industry has become. There is no trust anymore, and every wire service has an equal part of responsibility for the customers losing our trust."

I added: and we play the game, day after day.

I have a feeling 2010 will be a game-changing year.

- H.

Have to agree.........

Jeez...I wonder who's NOT "d'conning" me OVERSEAS orders thru ReTrans??...I wonder if we'll get confirmations of our OVERSEAS orders, and who gets the "fine" money??

At 10:04 pm FTD decides to send out a merc message on the proper way to send and order with double or multi delivery date options...................little late don't you think?

already done

For me this is an automated function, I assume that our automatic "not home" messages derail the charge, we'll see at the EOM, but it would appear that every florist in a delivery pool has a serious issue. Herb and I and a couple other folks began working on a system called Delivery Pool Technologies a couple years ago...
/rant
Mark we already have this functionality and have showed the DC pool as well as 3 in Chicago. Its pretty slick. Only prob...Nobody wants to spend monies. We even offered MAS at a very drastic discount. They don't want to give up rebates.

At 10:04 pm FTD decides to send out a merc message on the proper way to send and order with double or multi delivery date options...................little late don't you think?

as this "pita tax fine" evolves, more end points will devolve!!
I've heard from a number of shops they are DONE with FTD!!,and TF if this nonsense continues

They don't want to give up rebates.
Ah well... eventually rebates will disappear all by themselves... It's costing them too much money, and as the small shops go away, there will not be the money to pay the rebates...

Okay - I already did (drop the wire services..) - Just waiting on the rest of ya!

Finally...

I have the "ears" of corporate..let's see what happens...I will rest quiet about this subject for a short time, but, next time, I may not be welcome in FTD anymore!
let's see if all these years of loyalty are "worth" anything!!
I absolutely LOVE my CANADIAN FTD guys and gals.....:yourock:

as this "pita tax fine" evolves, more end points will devolve!!
I've heard from a number of shops they are DONE with FTD!!,and TF if this nonsense continues

....and the so called paper stmt fee
these people have lost their freekin minds.

Several people have said that 2010 will be game changer I happen to think the game started change big time in 2009, Just look at the number of shops on this board that went away this year. In my area besides my closing one myself 4 others closed. We will be looking at still more failing this next year. Then you add into it the wire services which I sucking air and it gets bigger. Those that are lucky enough to be the last man/women standing should have good growth oppurtunities in the future.

Steve, you hit the nail on the head. That is exactly I thoughts on the subject.
There have been small shops, new shops, and well established shop go under several at a time in the north texas area. They were all heavily into the WS's too. Heck, I've bought the assets of several of them.

We will be here, and we'll be positioned to be the only filler over a large area.
It may get worse before it gets better but...better it will get. Keep the faith.

Okay here's the numbers for what we sent from Dec 01 to Dec 24th
we dealt with 53 FTD shops, 12 of these florists sent dcons..........so that's less than 25%

HMMM? FedEx, UPS, or the USPS. Pick one.

let's see if all these years of loyalty are "worth" anything!!

You want the short answer to that question Mikey?

It's archieved on the FTDI bulletin board, only you can't log in anymore!
:rofl:

As to DCONS? Well think of them as the optional TRACKING features offered by FedEx, UPS, or the USPS.

Another chargeable add-on or up-sell commodity sold to the consumers by those carriers.

Only difference in this new game is in the fact that, the WS's get the KUDOS and ACCOLADES while the DOO-BEES get all the extra work, no extra pay, and get fined if they fail to act on demand.

Like in: We already get THEIR MILK FREE, so there is no point in PAYING THE HERD.
lol

Reactions: BOSS