FTD & Urban

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the 31% lose on a blm order

From what I still remember. Based on the fee structures, it is still more profitable to fill a blm order then it is another wire service order. Due to all the fee's one encounters in the wire service. The selection guide was 150 bucks and I don't believe they re-number the pics and make you buy a new one every two years. there isn't a paper directory that anyone pays for. But of course the other end of it is that there is no delivery fee coming across orders generated by 1800 only if it comes across from another florist. Oh and even through I haven't paid any of these, There is no low-sending charge and also no recipocal fee ( sp? ) Sorry my speeling is so bad I will never clep on my english. Atleast not when I was a member.

CHR said:
Hate to tell you, but Urban was appearing in Google PPCs this morning.

a..yup... at 5:27pm they were there for my city... Screen shots taken and sent to several in FTD...

When I talked to them (FTD) Friday... they made it sound like it's hard to take a logo off a page... hell I can do it on my site in less than a minute... somethings not adding up here!

If they are still taking orders, they have a way of getting them out, now we need to find out how...

Yea Kirk... I love this one especially the pic and the first paragraph... "in their own special way"....

And since when are vases "promotional items"?

Call ya tomorrow, the day got away from me today...

can you imagine...

how stupid this whole thing is??
An organization the size, and complex, and all powerful, NOT being able to control the "use" of it's own logo...this is how low this whole nonsense has diminished the shine of the FTD logo, and brand, and worthless nature of TF OR FTD in today's marketplace??
I can say, that FTD AND TF "deserve" this activity, the loss of credence, AND credibility, the loss of a loyal "following", and declining end point memberships, and it LOOKS GOOD on BOTH of them!!
I'm NOT sure why we REAL FLORISTS "lament" the current WS's practises...the way things are going there WILL BE too few REAL FLORIST members, to worth even CALLING themselves wire services!!
There are a few of us "diehards" that STILL THINK that something CAN and WILL BE done to reverse this "trend" BUT, my gut feeling IS....it's TOO LITTLE, and TOO LATE to try and get the majority of REAL FLORISTS to even CARE about the death of the WS's a s we know them...no different than the majority of HOCKEY FANS, finding ANOTHER WAY to move on!!
REAL FLORISTS are REAL PEOPLE, and we just DON'T give a crap anymore

Truth in Advertising?

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1136519

List Price $79.95 / Our Price $66.99 plus $2.99 shipping = $69.98

is the same as

http://products.proflowers.com/prod...oductdetail.aspx?pID=4533&lng=&CatID=fROS&REF

'Valued at' $69.99 / Offered at $39.97 plus $12.99 red vase plus $9.99 shipping = $62.95

Overstock's claim of 'You Save $12.96" should be revised to read "You Overpay $7.03"

BTW, here's Overstock's explanation of 'List Price" - http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=STATICPOPUP&STA_ID=755
Overstock.com guarantees that our prices are the lowest you'll find anywhere online. You'll know you're receiving the best deals available on thousands of quality products. And if you happen to find a better online price out there, and meet the qualifications listed below, we'll give you the difference.
Just more smoke and mirrors from the ProFlowers team, as far as I'm concerned.

Urban/Artisan closing

Apparently Order Motion wasn't enough to keep them afloat after FTD pulled the plug: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff135095.htm

Ryan, you better see if you can still get a credit on that order. :rolleyes:

(This makes ya' wonder how many other borderline affiliates could be easily cleaned up.)

CHR said:
Apparently Order Motion wasn't enough to keep them afloat after FTD pulled the plug::

(This makes ya' wonder how many other borderline affiliates could be easily cleaned up.)

You know, funny you should ask that question….. I can tell you that many of the large gatherer only operations work very close. Any significant disruption of business as usual will yield similar results. The non b&m operations that have little or no other revenue source are completely dependant on EVERYTHING fed to them financially. Most important is the rebates. Pulling the plug on their sending abilities or a change in the amount of rebate throws their whole model off balance. It should be obvious in this case that there was something else wrong here, they had the need to continue to shave off dollars prior to transmitting the order.

Remember the old saying “All that glitters is not gold†Here is a perfect example. This company could barley make it just a couple of days after their suspension. I would take a guess they owe FTD quite a bit of money.

CHR said:

ALOT!!! And after a sucessful meeting with one of the BIG2 yesterday, they have acknowledged the problem, and we will be looking to assist them in cleaning up some of their problems.

Not sure how it will go, but I am willing to try. NO Bulletts here please folks... I think they know they now have little choice but to act...time will tell.

The "warning shots" across the "bow"....

have been taken....IF only ONE of the BIG 2 have agreed to help start cleaning up this mess, then it's a half measure of course!
Here's what it boils down to......IF you wish to be part of the BIG 2/3/4, and IF you wish to have your orders filled professionally, and IF you have need of a support mechanism, you MUST align your business model with the "rules" that apply to ALL of us!!
This "order gathering" that hurts the consumer, and renders NO BOTTOM LINE for fulfillment shops, MUST STOP, and WILL STOP, and REAL FLORISTS, sooner or later, WILL put an end to this nonsense.
As I've earlier stated, a high performing website, of a REAL FLORIST shop, is a great benefit to our industry, and an "asset" to the wire services, BUT, those nuts that think that they can just slip into the florist biz, and take the cream, before the work is done, or BEFORE they've paid their dues, have another thing coming!!
Those business models that "bypass" the REAL FLORIST NETWORK, we have little control over, BUT, IF the business model INCLUDES the REAL FLORIST fulfillment shops for same day delivery model, your days may be numbered!!
REAL FLORISTS are waking up at an alarming rate...too bad that industry GREED woke them up, and TOO BAD if the BIG 2/3/4 suffer as a result...too bad!!

Here's another I ran across today.

They seem to be in every city in the US. Mflorist.com.

I did a search. Hanna florist, Toronto, Ont. I know you've talked about them, I just saw the connection with mflorist.com today.??????? Seems to have some redirects to their site.

Yup, it's been said before, but bears repeating:

Scott Polley of Hanna Florist in Toronto - "Free Delivery" etc etc, pretends to be all over the place. Hijacked the Flowers Canada name from the trade association (Canadian version of SAF)

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.