Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyBrat

Aug 27, 2005
Medford
www.richardsonsflowers.com
State / Prov
NJ
When was the last time someone sent you ~the florist~ flowers? I went on one of my eHarmony dates Saturday night and I received 36 (not sure why 36!) red roses exquisitely arranged from my date with a very touching, romantic card! Hey...just so y'all know...he did get a kiss goodnight! I think it is so awesome to receive flowers when you are a florist! I didn't even have to ~rearrange~ them to my liking!

Are there any other singles on FC other than me? Dating is so crazy! I receive at least 10 matches a day from Eharmony. After reading their profiles and viewing their pics, I don't find a lot in common with most. This guy is different...he's a journalist and writes me long e-mails just about every day. I usually don't meet a date until after he has corresponded with me for 2 months, but this guy wrote so well that I figured what the heck! Anyway, hope he doesn't come on too strong, too fast, that is always a turn off for me! But...he is sooooo sweet...so thoughtful and really knows how to woo a lady with his writing skills!

I have just started corresponding with a guy who is 6'10"!!! Wow! How do ya think that will work with me being 5'2"? Will keep you posted.

I can tell you this much...receiving flowers for me was sheer delight! I forgot how it feels...it's divine!

Say What?????

I think we need to check this guy out. Make sure he's OK for you. I suggest we get TOTO, since he is a Marine, and JOMO, since he is the second smartest guy I know, and then we bring in JB since he is really picky......and see if this poor guy can pass all the tests. If he can make it past my A Team -----he is an All Star!!!!! I Say Gopher IT!!!! But wait till he gits past the A- Team. If there are doubts, I have others.....who can referee

All the best

Good for you , sounds like you had a wonderful time. Can't say I've gotten flowers in awhile.LOL But just think you have a first hand view how people feel to receive your beautiful flowers!! Put your feelings in a adv. of just how wonderful it feels, and to pass the feelings on. People should do this instead of chain lettler's , you think?
KEEP THE FEELING GOING !!!!! Have a wonderful nite

When was the last time someone sent you ~the florist~ flowers? I went on one of my eHarmony dates Saturday night and I received 36 (not sure why 36!) red roses exquisitely arranged from my date with a very touching, romantic card! Hey...just so y'all know...he did get a kiss goodnight! I think it is so awesome to receive flowers when you are a florist! I didn't even have to ~rearrange~ them to my liking!

Are there any other singles on FC other than me? Dating is so crazy! I receive at least 10 matches a day from Eharmony. After reading their profiles and viewing their pics, I don't find a lot in common with most. This guy is different...he's a journalist and writes me long e-mails just about every day. I usually don't meet a date until after he has corresponded with me for 2 months, but this guy wrote so well that I figured what the heck! Anyway, hope he doesn't come on too strong, too fast, that is always a turn off for me! But...he is sooooo sweet...so thoughtful and really knows how to woo a lady with his writing skills!

I have just started corresponding with a guy who is 6'10"!!! Wow! How do ya think that will work with me being 5'2"? Will keep you posted.

I can tell you this much...receiving flowers for me was sheer delight! I forgot how it feels...it's divine!

*sigh* I guess I'm newly single. My husband passed away in September....and it's very lonely...and I do have to admit I looked at the eharmony site and registered but I'm not a paying member...yet.. :) It's only been 7 months since he passed so I'm not ready for a relationship yet...but dinner and a movie would be nice.... :)

I've been single for a long time now. People say I'm a "catch"... I'm not sure I want to catch it. ;)

V

The last time I recieved flowers I was in the hosp. My fiance sent me 3 roses. That was about 8 years ago.. lol.

Funny story though, before I got married the second time, (I know, I know, fiance is #3) my ex, just a boyfriend then, sent me a 2 doz roses. He bought and paid for them from my shop and had my designer make them for him. It really touched me, BUT, it was my last 2 doz roses, and I needed them for a casket spray that was ordered right after they were given to me. I had only been in business about a year and I wasn't about to say I was out of roses to the family. He watched me take them apart and use them for my customer. He laughed, but teased me forever about the fact that he didn't even get a refund.. lol. He still married me, but he never sent me flowers again. Between the 2 of us it's not surprising the marriage didn't last. We're great friends though, he still brings it up once in awhile, as a joke! But, I promise, i'm older and wiser now, I probably wouldn't do that again, of course I make sure I never run out of roses now either!

And by the way, good luck with eharmoney. My daughter met a great guy that way, and she is still seeing him 8 months later!

Reactions: 1 person
:yourock: After the "Crazy One" exited in 2006, I did the online thing too. First I made a shopping list of what I was looking for figuring that my selection process previously was flawed! LOL Well, after 75!!! first dates, I met a great guy who lived just 2 blocks from the store. I've been seeing him for a year now. No Drama/No Insanity! I think the written, thought out shopping list really helped me to focus on what I needed. Sort of like going to the produce market!
Enjoy those roses!:scooter:

My husband and I got married on Friday the 13th, 2002. So our anniversary was a couple of weeks ago, obviously.

He brought me a dozen red roses AND a mixed bouquet. he's learned through the years not to bring me "arrangements" And you guys know why!

Also, I don't care if he buys them from where ever I'm working or gets them from the grocery store, It was thoughtful and sweet and I love him so much! He's my silly monkey and I'm his grumpy bear! He picks out the BEST cards too!

BTW we met in 1993, dated off and on til 1995, I got mad at him and moved 800 miles away, then he moved to be with me in 1996, and the rest is history! big ups and downs history but history none the less.

I love getting flowers.
Guys I date always ask what they can do for me, that flowers wouldn't be appreciated. Quite the opposite. Nothing touches me more.
A single rose - even from the grocery store, brings me the same sentiment that I hope the recipients of my flowers experience.

I LOVE FLOWERS!!!!!

My husband used to send me flowers occasionaly from another florist here in town. He would always have them delivered to the shop. It made my designers gasp and giggle.
He now has a standing order set up at my shop for a big mixed arrangement, designers choice, to be delivered to our house every two weeks. This started after my hospitalization last spring. The arrangements are always spectacular, I never know what is coming, but the card always reads: I love you, Don.:kuddle:

I like the idea of a shopping list Lori... maybe that's what I need to do. :)

V

oooo Di - sounds like you've got a charmer, and possibly a real gentleman. And a literate one at that. Nothing wrong with that! Have fun - when you're ready for a double date, Mikeypieface and I are available ............... :tongue:

tracy

Wonder if he'll pass ManorMan's selection criteria.
Gotta keep a watchful eye on my pal down there in Medford.

That is great, the King is the only person who has never sent me flowers because I am to critical as he calls it, so when I told him other flower folks get flowers, he went and bought me some new bling instead, which is really nice, and yes it is the color of a deep red rose, and that of major sparkle, But a daisy would have probably would have just have been as nice, So on to the grocery list,,,

When I started dateing the king, I had been single for many many years, and what I learned is this, that person is some one who is to be the half that you are not, He is like a 12 year old, can make anyone laugh, even ole prudish me, and that person who will be there throught think and thin, and will always be there to hold my hand in the time of need, and when I have that issue, not to say I told you to calm down, but as he gets older, thinks he is somewhat wiser, now with that darn pony tail growing, I still love him,
The person should be your friend, lover, confidant, most of all someone who you can make fun of without that of the other getting upset. its all good, Biscotti, my heart is so with you, when I saw your post earlier today, I cried, and no I am not ashamed to admit it, and it was tears of joy, that I have the pleasure to be in your company, even for a brief moment in time on here, Blessings to you my friends, May all the GODS of love shine down on each an everyone of you, For life is so grand with great friends, love, and laughter. even a simple smile makes all the troubles seem so little in the grand scheme of things..

I remember the first time I received flowers for my 18th Birthday. It was from a guy I knew over in Italy and he sent me a Dozen Red Rose BQ. I just fell head over heels....( with the flowers hahaha ) because he was so far away and plus he was quite alot older than I was anyways.
I have since received flowers twice from my husband over the last 10yrs...gee I wouldn't mind some more....just because we are florists doesn't always mean that we wouldn't appreciate them or get estastic when we receive them!! Its an amazing feeling and one that should be repeated all the time!!!
Good luck with your journalist Navy....sounds quite the romantic with his writting...lets see if he can be just as romantic when there is not writing to be writen hahaha ( actions speak louder than words )

Let's face it - women are saps for flowers.

It's a bit like the linoleum joke, which I ain't gonna tell here.

Hey JB what's up ? Long time.

Diane, could it be that he chose 36 because he felt
that you were a 36 year old hot hippie chick ?????????????? Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.