~He Sent Me Flowers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it - women are saps for flowers.

It's a bit like the linoleum joke, which I ain't gonna tell here.
but it's not just the flowers, it's who bought you the flowers!!!

I've delivered arrangements (in my younger days) and the recipient immediately threw them in the trash. At first i would get mad, then i thought "well they were her flowers, she can do what she wants" But I was always dying to know what the creep did to make her so mad she'd throw them in the trash!!

Reactions: 1 person
But I was always dying to know what the creep did to make her so mad she'd throw them in the trash!!

I can speak to that from a personal standpoint... he got caught.

V

My husband passed away in Jan 2001 from cancer. On that Valentines day I went into work and there was this huge beautiful arrangement on my desk with my name on the card. I asked my boss what's this? He said its for you open the card. It was from my Dad. Words cannot describe how touched I was by this and that was the last time I recieved flowers.

It's a bit like the linoleum joke, which I ain't gonna tell here.

what's the "limonium" joke??

:bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2::bouquet2:

Sending you, Imariesteve, BUNCHES of flowers and hugs!!!!!!
MMMMWWAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

My husband passed away in Jan 2001 from cancer. On that Valentines day I went into work and there was this huge beautiful arrangement on my desk with my name on the card. I asked my boss what's this? He said its for you open the card. It was from my Dad. Words cannot describe how touched I was by this and that was the last time I recieved flowers.

Ok now I just want to curl up on the couch and CRY!! What a sweet father and I am so sorry for your hubby's passing.

I think we need to check this guy out. Make sure he's OK for you. I suggest we get TOTO, since he is a Marine, and JOMO, since he is the second smartest guy I know, and then we bring in JB since he is really picky......and see if this poor guy can pass all the tests. If he can make it past my A Team -----he is an All Star!!!!! I Say Gopher IT!!!! But wait till he gits past the A- Team. If there are doubts, I have others.....who can referee

All the best

Mike,
Having you and Kev (Manor Man) both volunteer to check out my dates is downright scary...and you both know why!

Good for you! Oh, by the way my grandmother is 4'9 and my grandfather is 6'8

Thanks for that info, Carrieann! The 6'10" gentleman is an engineer and he is writing me continually. A relationship with a man who is that much taller than me, could prove to be very interesting. I don't judge my dates by their physical appearance, I only date matches on eHarmony when they have written to me many times, and I like what they have to say in their correspondence. I think you can tell a lot about a person by the way they express their feelings through writing.

*sigh* I guess I'm newly single. My husband passed away in September....and it's very lonely...and I do have to admit I looked at the eharmony site and registered but I'm not a paying member...yet.. :) It's only been 7 months since he passed so I'm not ready for a relationship yet...but dinner and a movie would be nice.... :)

My heartfelt sympathy to you. You will know when you are ready to seek companionship again, and eHarmony is a great site. Better than any other dating site in cyberland. I will tell you this much, a lot of my matches are widowers. When you're ready, PM me...and we will chat. Love and peace to you, Biscotti!

:yourock: After the "Crazy One" exited in 2006, I did the online thing too. First I made a shopping list of what I was looking for figuring that my selection process previously was flawed! LOL Well, after 75!!! first dates, I met a great guy who lived just 2 blocks from the store. I've been seeing him for a year now. No Drama/No Insanity! I think the written, thought out shopping list really helped me to focus on what I needed. Sort of like going to the produce market!
Enjoy those roses!:scooter:

Lorrie,

Sweet girl! I think of you often, and I'm so glad to hear that you have found a great guy! You deserve to be treated like a goddess! Love to you!

oooo Di - sounds like you've got a charmer, and possibly a real gentleman. And a literate one at that. Nothing wrong with that! Have fun - when you're ready for a double date, Mikeypieface and I are available ............... :tongue:

tracy

Tracy,

I date at least twice monthly. Not gonna let this guy sweep me off my feet...just yet! He is a charmer and most definitely a gentleman. Imagine that...he can write too, and I mean REALLY write! I love opening my e-mail and seeing a message from him! Makes my heart go pitter patter! A double date with you and Mikey would be fun! Then he'd really get to know me! We better wait awhile for that one...it could blow his mind!

Wonder if he'll pass ManorMan's selection criteria.
Gotta keep a watchful eye on my pal down there in Medford.

Kev,

I actually think you could scare him off! I'll call ya in if he starts stalking me!

JB,

It's called romance! Tried it lately? I love being romanced!

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Your father is an angel...I miss mine every day. Are you dating yet? PM me if you want to chat. Hugs to you!

I received another delightful e-mail from Lou today. I wrote him yesterday to tell him how much I loved the flowers! I asked why he chose to send 36 roses, and he said he wasn't sure how many roses were enough to impress a florist! How about a house full? HA! I am looking forward to my next date, but for now, I have to concentrate on the flower shop through Mother's Day. Just reading his daily messages is enough for the time being to keep me feeling delicious with spring fever!

Might as well become a NUN then!

I think we need to check this guy out. Make sure he's OK for you. I suggest we get TOTO, since he is a Marine, and JOMO, since he is the second smartest guy I know, and then we bring in JB since he is really picky......and see if this poor guy can pass all the tests. If he can make it past my A Team -----he is an All Star!!!!! I Say Gopher IT!!!! But wait till he gits past the A- Team. If there are doubts, I have others.....who can referee All the best

Left up to us, Diane might as well take a vow of celibacy, join a convent, and become a NUN! :rofl:

Luckily for Linda and I, we had two males. Had we had girls, I probably would've resorted to steel chastity belts with very large locks on them so that, they would clank when they walked, so I'd knowed where they bee!

However, pay no mind to us Diane! Life, Love, and Romance, is a crap shoot with no guarantees. And, as our NY Lottery ads always say: Ya gotta be in it, to win it!

Good luck, have fun, and sooner or later, MR RIGHT will come A WRONG!

No matter since, AS A WOMAN, you already know that, MOST MEN ARE BROKEN when YOU BUY THEM! Luckily, and for you women, you also know that, YOU CAN FIX EM! :itchy:

As that sign says in the gift stores: " IF YOU BREAK IT, YOU OWN IT! "

Lord knows that, the Lovely Linda has broken mine since 1970 which is almost 38 years now, and d-a-m-n iffen she don't OWN MEE! lol

Left up to us, Diane might as well take a vow of celibacy, join a convent, and become a NUN! :rofl:

Luckily for Linda and I, we had two males. Had we had girls, I probably would've resorted to steel chastity belts with very large locks on them so that, they would clank when they walked, so I'd knowed where they bee!

However, pay no mind to us Diane! Life, Love, and Romance, is a crap shoot with no guarantees. And, as our NY Lottery ads always say: Ya gotta be in it, to win it!

Good luck, have fun, and sooner or later, MR RIGHT will come A WRONG!

No matter since, AS A WOMAN, you already know that, MOST MEN ARE BROKEN when YOU BUY THEM! Luckily, and for you women, you also know that, YOU CAN FIX EM! :itchy:

As that sign says in the gift stores: " IF YOU BREAK IT, YOU OWN IT! "

Lord knows that, the Lovely Linda has broken mine since 1970 which is almost 38 years now, and d-a-m-n iffen she don't OWN MEE! lol
You are soooooooo funny!

This guy is an ex-Marine...hmmm...once a Marine, always a Marine? He served in Viet Nam as a crew chief/gunner on an attack helicopter, what they used to call gunships. He was seriously wounded after landing in a battle when he left the helicopter to capture a wounded North Vietnamese Army soldier. He served from 1966-69, then discharged with pension. I was 11 years old in 1966 and he was only 18! Can't even begin to imagine what he went through in that war. Any good advice for dealing with a Marine? You are DA man to ask!

Di - This is so exciting to an old married woman (30 years this June-to the same person). Wow that's a LONG time! I need all the info from you so that I can live thru you. So keep the info coming...

Mine is not the most romantic person on the planet, but every once in a while does surprise me with flowers. The best ones are when he goes to the store, after hours, and arranges (himself) a bouquet of roses for me. And I DO NOT rearrange them-they are perfect!!

Marie - hugs and special thoughts to you. You will know when the time is right. You have good friends like Diane to show you the ropes when you are ready. Hang in there.

Di - This is so exciting to an old married woman (30 years this June-to the same person). Wow that's a LONG time! I need all the info from you so that I can live thru you. So keep the info coming...

Mine is not the most romantic person on the planet, but every once in a while does surprise me with flowers. The best ones are when he goes to the store, after hours, and arranges (himself) a bouquet of roses for me. And I DO NOT rearrange them-they are perfect!!

Twila,

You are adorable! Darling, you have to ~keep~ the romance in a relationship...especially after 30 years of marriage! I can give you lots of creative ideas! I am envious of you-having a relationship that has endured the years! I am still searching...but not going to settle for anything less than Prince Charming! He's gonna have to sweep me off my feet! This guy is doing a @@@@ good job so far. I just received an e-mail from him with a poem he wrote for me and he told me he can't wait to open his e-mail in the morning to see if I've written! Isn't that romantic?

We can play the Dating Game on FC! I'll post more after we go on our second date after Mother's Day!

Marie - hugs and special thoughts to you. You will know when the time is right. You have good friends like Diane to show you the ropes when you are ready. Hang in there.

Thanks Twila for you special thoughts... I'm doing ok hanging in there :)

NavyBrat said:
My heartfelt sympathy to you. You will know when you are ready to seek companionship again, and eHarmony is a great site. Better than any other dating site in cyberland. I will tell you this much, a lot of my matches are widowers. When you're ready, PM me...and we will chat. Love and peace to you, Biscotti!

Thank you too for you thoughts!

This is great

I really enjoyed reading this post. My best friend in the whole world met her husband online and has been married to him now for five years. They are big advocates for sites lie eharmony.

My husband is 6'5" and I am 5'5", we joke all the time about how everything kind of "lines up right" in the sack (blush blush)! We have been married for 10 years in June and since I have been in this business I have not gotten fresh flowers but I have gotten a gardenia bush for valentines day and an azalea bush and a hydrangea for my birthday. I am trying to turn my back yard into a "garden oasis" Anyway when I opened my shop he said " I guess this means I dont have to buy you flowers anymore?" I said, " That is right now you just have to by me diamonds!" He said "D**n we should have opened a jewelry store!"

the last time I got flowers from the hubby was when baby #2 was born almost 16 years ago. - gee where has that time gone.

but, He knows I'm a push over for any different and unique perennial or shrub for the garden and he has brought home a fair amount { especially from the Ohio short course - I get a car full!}

He also has bought me orchid plants but alas they have now become his baby's and a darn good job he does with them too. We are using about 7 different varieties in our corsages this weekend.

Well now back to work!

What a guy! I haven't received any flowers since I started this biz but think that a well arranged bouquet of unique flowers would make me happier than anything!

Oh wait- last year my husband made me a bouquet of dandelions from our yard. He put a little bouquet wrap on it and everything. It was adorable and I gave him an A for creativity.

Keep us updated about this new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.