How many have dropped WS this year.

After Finally Convincing My Mama that it Didn't &%$#ing Matter if We Lost 30 Orders a Month From Teleflora Because We Owe Them Every Month ANYWAY.. She Hesitantly Agreed to Let Me Make the Call. January 1, 2012 is Our Last Day. We Now Have a New POS, Florist Ware, Which I Don't Love Like I Hoped I Would, & We're "All In" w/ FSN. I'm Terrified.. but??? Despite TF Vehemently Attempting to Convince Me that We MADE $30,000 w/ Them This Past Year??? If We Owe Them EVERY MONTH, Including $1200 After Vday???? We're Not Making Any Profit Whatsoever. GOOD RIDDANCE, TF! In an Age of 'Google a Florist/Zip Code", the Wire Services Are on Their Last Leg Anyway. I Give Them 10 Years.. and They'll Be Gone the Way of Cassette Tapes and VCRs. ::BS

You'llget used to FW just give it time. Welcome to the calm and profitable world of wire free flower shops!
..thank you for making me feel a bit better about it. Florist Ware is just SO 'too much'. Its not complicated.. its just.. idk.. 4 lefts to make a right. I'm uncomfortable with how long it takes to put in one order. BUT.. much as I loved the daisy POS, its not worth being robbed blind by TF.

I never had a POS until FW so in some ways it made it easier. I know what you mean about "4 lefts to make a right" but you do get very quick and there are short cuts you learn to speed up the process. I think I take orders pretty fast now unless the computer is acting up. Good luck!

After Finally Convincing My Mama that it Didn't &%$#ing Matter if We Lost 30 Orders a Month From Teleflora Because We Owe Them Every Month ANYWAY.. She Hesitantly Agreed to Let Me Make the Call. January 1, 2012 is Our Last Day. We Now Have a New POS, Florist Ware, Which I Don't Love Like I Hoped I Would, & We're "All In" w/ FSN. I'm Terrified.. but??? Despite TF Vehemently Attempting to Convince Me that We MADE $30,000 w/ Them This Past Year??? If We Owe Them EVERY MONTH, Including $1200 After Vday???? We're Not Making Any Profit Whatsoever. GOOD RIDDANCE, TF! In an Age of 'Google a Florist/Zip Code", the Wire Services Are on Their Last Leg Anyway. I Give Them 10 Years.. and They'll Be Gone the Way of Cassette Tapes and VCRs. ::BS
This "proves" once again, that florist shop owners & operators have NO CLUE about how wire services work!
You TRULY think that getting a "check" from TF means your making a PROFIT??....oh boy.....

Reactions: prestonway
..thank you for making me feel a bit better about it. Florist Ware is just SO 'too much'. Its not complicated.. its just.. idk.. 4 lefts to make a right. I'm uncomfortable with how long it takes to put in one order. BUT.. much as I loved the daisy POS, its not worth being robbed blind by TF.

I too agree with Helen, it will get easier. You have the capability to change your level setting once you've mastered the program. From a marketing standpoint, it's et up to give you the max date, do it's does need to ask allot. Hang in there.

This "proves" once again, that florist shop owners & operators have NO CLUE about how wire services work!
You TRULY think that getting a "check" from TF means your making a PROFIT??....oh boy.....
..when we figure our numbers, and we profit $7.95 on a $50.00 spath plant.. (and we're not counting labor) then, NO, we're not profiting from TF.
[h=1][/h]

..when we figure our numbers, and we profit $7.95 on a $50.00 spath plant.. (and we're not counting labor) then, NO, we're not profiting from TF.
The good thing is, you figured that out while the doors are still open... best wishes...

..fsn, it seems to me, is the epitome of what a wire service ONCE was.. and should be. When I was a kid, in the shop, we had FTD, TF, and Redbook. "Break out the great big directory book, get on the phone, call a florist, and give the order." There were no 'rob the customer/rob the sending florist/rob the filling florist' goings on. As of last week, all said, with premium web hosting, directory membership, and a few extras, we're paid up with fsn, until may 2013, for a few hundred dollars LESS than we generally paid tf, in a MONTH.

Reactions: KABERS
Teleflora called last week, really want us to join. Free membership till May. Best website available, he says. Not interested was my reply. They just don't get it do they?

Teleflora called last week, really want us to join. Free membership till May. Best website available, he says. Not interested was my reply. They just don't get it do they?

A lot of time when they offer free membership it is because the book is already out and the new book is coming out in may. So unless all shop have monthlyupdate, I wouldnt know that you are a member unless I get an order from you. SO really their free membership is hog wash!

Reactions: Simon Says and BOSS
Have never used Floristware but was a Daisy user before TF bought it and left it as a poor step-child to their other POS products. Our transition to MAS (almost 7 years ago) was kinda rough, (multi-screens vs single screen entry), but now I'd never go back to Daisy.

We all get used to what we know, yet looking at new opportunities (like changing POS systems) can help us grow more profitably. :)

FTD gone ,sending back the Mercury tomorrow. I remember being very excited 21 years ago when we joined , I can't believe how excited I am to get out, good riddance

How are you sending back Mercury? I want to quit FTD right now & give them their system back. I have paid over 3 years on it and still owe 18 more months. I pay almost $1000k per month for everything and just can't afford it anymore. Any ideas? I would stay a member & let people call me & just not use the system & save over $600 per month. It is crazy how much they are charging to use it. Thanks.

It's crazy how much they charge for EVERYTHING, we did not have the mercury point of sale ,only their antique merc attached to the teleflora eagle so it was a matter of sending it back and quitting, although they still tried hard to make us stay

Dropped FTD effective immediately. Had exactly 5 wire in orders for Monday/Tuesday Feb 13/14 compared to over 100 last year. Our local orders were up slightly, and had ZERO complaints this year.

Reactions: bootcampguy
Dropped FTD effective immediately. Had exactly 5 wire in orders for Monday/Tuesday Feb 13/14 compared to over 100 last year. Our local orders were up slightly, and had ZERO complaints this year.

and I bet you made more PROFIT with 95 less orders!

I know my profit has been up without WS (even though sales took a hit)

and I bet you made more PROFIT with 95 less orders!

I know my profit has been up without WS (even though sales took a hit)
Everyone I know that's dumped the wires has seen the same thing... Congrats~!

How are you sending back Mercury? I want to quit FTD right now & give them their system back. I have paid over 3 years on it and still owe 18 more months. I pay almost $1000k per month for everything and just can't afford it anymore. Any ideas? I would stay a member & let people call me & just not use the system & save over $600 per month. It is crazy how much they are charging to use it. Thanks.

Going down to phone only, won't help you at all, it will hurt you more. Less than 10% come to direct calls and the fees without Mercury are still over $300 per. month. I would quit effective imm, turn off machine and not use it for anything. I would then send "a certified" letter that you wish to get out (whenever next date is) and then another letter to Sales Department head (unknown who, it's like the Titanic there, they are going quick), that you wish to break your contract and why (no longer able to afford). In Fla and most states there has to be certified notification and then a "haggling period" to come to the end. They will probably come after you if over $2000 owed, put the pain you indure will help to cure the "disease"..............good luck !!