I give - can't do it any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's George Bush's fault agian JB!

As you always point out JB, it's George Bush's fault again!

Just another example of what a TROOP SURGE can do to the ability and morale of anyone trying to monitor the progress of a SURGE!

Luckily, in our FC case, it's a benevolant effort on your part.

Luckily, in our USA case, it's our WAR ON TERRORISTS, specifically the al-Qaeda in IRAQ and the TALIBAN in AFGHANISTAN.

Overwelming would be the KEYWORD of the DAY either way, ey?

Thank you JB and Thank You President Bush and General General David H. Petraeus for a job being well done!
:thumbsup

Note to the NY Slimes: The less you print about Iraq in your rag, the closer we seem to come towards our victory. Amazing correlation, in my umble opinion! Seems the LEFT always loves to LOOSE!

Reactions: 1 person
Just wanted to say that I thought the new member introduction was started to give some much needed help to the admin team here.

I must say that I haven't spent to much time on approving some of the new members. Most of the introductions have been very weak and I have usually ignored most of them unless they really took some time and some effort to type something fresh and unique.

I am very selective of who I choose to give those welcome dots to and hope that my vote is worth something whether I approved or disapproved.

People here really need to spend some time searching through the older threads instead of being lazy and cluttering the threads. Lurkers should not be allowed stay unless they have something to contribute.

Reactions: 3 people
It was a simple announcement on my part after I had to choose to mark 185 unread posts as read - a statement of how much time I had spent/wasted on it - it didn't need to be brought out of the forum I posted it in for the slings and arrows to come out - I actually thought some like Cathy would be glad my opinions on who belongs here would no more play a part.

Instead, she chose to take offense. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry also it got moved from that forum cuz I would never have seen the 5 pages of slings and arrows and insults plus one wonderful invitation to leave.

Vetting new members was a good idea, many many agreed with me in PM's that aren't as outspoken as I am - but it hasn't worked - for whatever reasons - people not understanding the questions, software problems, newbies approving newbies, - whatever, but I'm sure it must have all been my fault.

I apologize for giving my opinions on how to make it better here.

I've been a very long time contributing member here, my reputation speaks for itself - but if you guys want me to leave, just post a poll, and if my peers want me gone - so be it.

blessings and hopefully my last statement on this subject.:kuddle:

bloomz

out

Monday afternoon Edit - make that 15 green dots on this topic now. Thank you all for your support and agreement.

Reactions: 6 people
Before I make any comment can someone please tell me where the thread is about doing a more selective process. I recall it but blowed if I can find it and until I read it don't want to make comment.
Carrie

Dang...take 2 days off and what the heck.....

Where's the Valium?

As an avid voter and someone who also thought we needed a bit of control back then, I just need to say this....

The voting has been an exhausting process...The 5 simple questions had gone unanswered for I have no idea what reasons. I even went as far to reapply for myself and it was easy....maybe I am smarter than the average bear, not sure...but I still continue to vote.

In most cases, if they have a shop, work in a shop, work in a related field, etc, I approve...We will never know who will be lurkers and who will be great posters by the intro. It is not normal to have to do this for a chat board and may seem strange to most who apply,

I do not comment on everyone who applys sometimes I just vote as many probably do, but I suspect that it is far fewer people who should be asking questions and voting.

There was one applicant that I ended up voting no to because she refused to answer questions, I did research and found no listing, someone found a listing on find a florist, she had no listing in TF, when I called the phone number I got her families home phone message on a mon or tuesday noonish call. Sorry this tells me she is a half assed, play with flowers, part time, I will be opened when I want florist who will have silly questions like Why am I not making any money in this business, please help me??? That frustrates me....so I voted her to be gone...

I also take breaks from the new member posts when I am way to busy with other things and they just get too much...I just figure there are many menmbers here supposed to be participating that we can all take a break when needed....

I do agree that the questions need to be made a honest to God required thing in order to even post the intro. Not sure how that is done or if it can be. We need to idiot proof the process before we all revolt...

Ryan, Cathy, Mike, Boss, I truely appreciate what you do for this board as programmers, moderators and policemen. It is a job I would not be able to handle because of crap like this. Thank you so much for your patients and the work put in so unselfishly.

Bloomz, know that I understand where you are coming from and how you feel, but unfortunately there will always be people that are let into your play area that you do not like and people kicked out that you may like it is just how it goes. But I do green dot you for speaking up and voicing your frustration...I did not take it that you were taking your ball and leaving. There were just way too many apps that were uncomplete in a short amount of time...

Reactions: 2 people
Personally I don't see a decline in quality of posts or people. As anywhere in life (real or on this board), variety in people will always be the way of it... thank goodness.
I haven't seen one either.

Jon, you know my feelings for you are true. I must admit to being surprised at your stance at the beginning of the thread because I do remember the reasons behind this whole voting process.
And hence the source of my frustration, too.

I urge you to settle this matter in a private discussion.
Would have been nice if this was handled privately in the first place. An offer of suggestions on how to improve the process rather than a declaration that member approval is now a time waster.

I actually thought some like Cathy would be glad my opinions on who belongs here would no more play a part. Instead, she chose to take offense. I'm sorry for that.
My feelings moved from frustration to offense on having to read *yet again* how this board is declining in quality.

I'm sorry also it got moved from that forum
There are only a couple forums newbies can read until they are apporved. The Intro threads forum is one of them. As this posts relates to internal process, and not applicants themselves, I moved it to a private discussion area. IMO it was off-topic for that forum and not a thread I really want applicants to read.

I did leave behind a 24-hour expiring redirect, as I always do when moving a thread.

I apologize for giving my opinions on how to make it better here.
My wish is that the FC members who forced the issue to make it better here by requiring an application process follow through and help with all this newly created work.

Well I do go in to that major rant last week, well lets put it this way, it is not much better, but I have seen some changes, some that I wish had never happended on here, that makes me sick to my stomach, and we all have items that we may need help with, and I do appreciate each and everyone of of , May not always tell you but I do,,,Thanks Bunches and Bunches..

I've been a very long time contributing member here, my reputation speaks for itself - but if you guys want me to leave, just post a poll, and if my peers want me gone - so be it.

blessings and hopefully my last statement on this subject.:kuddle:

bloomz

out

Monday Edit - make that 11 green dots on this topic now.

Aw bloomz, please don't pick up your marbles and leave. Who would I have to pick on? It's nice to know that I have someone on the wrong side (liberal) to pick on.

OH good grief Bloomz,

We love you and you know we do! We love Cathy and Ryan and all the admin team.

We are not ALWAYS going to agree on things, so what. That's life.

Just in case anybody cares, this is what I think. I don't see newbies in FC as inferior.
I personally think it's outstanding that they are taking the time to try and learn what they can in anyway they can.

I'll be honest with you, I grew up with not much money. I learned "on the table" making very little money. I wanted to go to every design show I could, but the nearest big city where they were held was Albuquerque which was 3.5 hour drive away. Making $5/hr doesn't leave a whole lotta money for travel! So I read magazines, and asked questions and absorbed any information I could find until I did move to a bigger city.

But not everyone can just up and move like I did. Some peoples circumstances interfere with their desires, their passion. I want this industry as a whole to be stronger. I want to know that if I need to wire out an arrangement it will be done right. Education is the answer to a stronger industry.

Yes there are A LOT of home based business in FC. I say so what. These home based business owners need to make a living just the same way we all do. I hope they have the proper licenses, but that is their business. It's better than being on welfare. And if they are doing something illegal, well, that's their problem. Maybe they couldn't find a job in a B&M shop, so they created a job for themselves. I promise you that they never even considered that they were pissing off regular flower shops. Maybe they did, either way, I say so what. Like I said, you have to start somewhere. Not everybody has the means to big start up money or to get loans.

I give out a lot of advice, weather people want it or not, and a lot of "how to" advice as well. If I know how to do something, and you want to know how I did it, I will tell you.

Education is the key to everything. Period.

Good for the home based florist for wanting to learn. There are SEVERAL in this area. I for one, am not afraid of any of them. They don't scare me in the least.

OH good grief Bloomz,

We love you and you know we do! We love Cathy and Ryan and all the admin team.

We are not ALWAYS going to agree on things, so what. That's life.

Just in case anybody cares, this is what I think. I don't see newbies in FC as inferior.
I personally think it's outstanding that they are taking the time to try and learn what they can in anyway they can.

I'll be honest with you, I grew up with not much money. I learned "on the table" making very little money. I wanted to go to every design show I could, but the nearest big city where they were held was Albuquerque which was 3.5 hour drive away. Making $5/hr doesn't leave a whole lotta money for travel! So I read magazines, and asked questions and absorbed any information I could find until I did move to a bigger city.

But not everyone can just up and move like I did. Some peoples circumstances interfere with their desires, their passion. I want this industry as a whole to be stronger. I want to know that if I need to wire out an arrangement it will be done right. Education is the answer to a stronger industry.

Yes there are A LOT of home based business in FC. I say so what. These home based business owners need to make a living just the same way we all do. I hope they have the proper licenses, but that is their business. It's better than being on welfare. And if they are doing something illegal, well, that's their problem. Maybe they couldn't find a job in a B&M shop, so they created a job for themselves. I promise you that they never even considered that they were pissing off regular flower shops. Maybe they did, either way, I say so what. Like I said, you have to start somewhere. Not everybody has the means to big start up money or to get loans.

I give out a lot of advice, weather people want it or not, and a lot of "how to" advice as well. If I know how to do something, and you want to know how I did it, I will tell you.

Education is the key to everything. Period.

Good for the home based florist for wanting to learn. There are SEVERAL in this area. I for one, am not afraid of any of them. They don't scare me in the least.

You are right in a lot of issues of this, but as I just sent you that post, it upset me, because of they didn't disclose the truth, and that hurts the most, but I moved to a new location, a few years back , but I didn't come to be competion to the shops already here, yes I have a store. but didn't do that, I see lots of shops come and go, The hard part is this in a nutshell, When a customer comes to you for an event and say you give the price of 2500.00 and betty in the house tells them I can do this for 1000.00. So then after a long time, there will be a job at your shop for you, and Not to be snipy,But being involved in so much in this biz. I see it a lot, and will continue to see, Somethings are not the way they use to be, and when the wholesale company is selling to them at a better price than the shops that real shops have it is a problem, Or the new thing, that I just went to a meeting over the weekend, Is a shop who closed moved in there basement, and low and behold there wholesale company told them of a deal of deal for a customer that had mentioned to them, so that they could get a kick back from that betty person, So least to say this other shop is way upset, So they have put the word out on this wholesale company, It is sad that they world has come to this, But I really don't know the answers to everything, but I know that, it scares me to think of shops who have worked very hard, to be loosing business because of some Betty chic in her house, and then when that other shop who is professional goes to a site that has multiple rooms, and they put up this grand stuff and betty is the next room, and they just think it was your shope, because they don't put there information on there products,

This was not really meant to be rude, but I have to do some more thinking on this one.

Oh Queenie,

I know you are not rude. You're just passionate. And I understand where you are coming from as well. Thank you for your PM reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.