Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
THis was posted elsewhere on the web, but I thought it funny enuf to drag over here...

Wonder what results it would generate, using this in your key words...

To save you money and help you avoid costly service fees, we are not members of FTD Florists Online, 1-800-Flowers or Teleflora. We are 1st in Flowers by offering Flowers Across America with our Florist Express service, the Hallmark of quality. A family owned and operated local company, our Floral Originals will never look like Cheap Flowers - Just Flowers hand delivered Coast to Coast by more than 800 Floral professionals.

Remember, Flowers Whisper love. Whether you need a rural, suburban or Urban Florist, Send Flowers and Get Flowers from The Florist who will Find A Florist just right so your Flowers with Gifted Elegance always look fresh and lovely.

From You, Flowers All Over sent by USA Florists.

I am a really bad speller, but even I noticed Nation was spelled wrong. :) I'm sure Mark copy and pasted.

This is my opinion, those meta tags are a waste of time. All of those bold words are branded names... so when a person gets online to search for rose in Dallas Texas, they don't search fro proflowers so coast to coast... they search for roses Dallas Texas, or florist, or floral, or flowers, etc....

The reason why people wouldn't would not seach for proflowers, is because that is their brand and URL... they'll just type proflowers.com or ftd.com in. (In general of course)

Also, I would almost bet that the spiders, which are a lot smarter than you think, could notice what was being done and they would get marked down for that.

Mlou, Floristdex or Flowerchild, what say you?

Personsally I tire of Bolded letters and words.... as a result I don't read the statements. I guess it's the etiquette thing for me... it looks like someone is yelling at me. I'm intelligent enough to know how to emphasize words while reading them. Couple that with bad spelling in advertising, I'm lost to the writer.

V

Dazeal said:
I am a really bad speller, but even I noticed Nation was spelled wrong. :) I'm sure Mark copy and pasted.

This is my opinion, those meta tags are a waste of time. All of those bold words are branded names... so when a person gets online to search for rose in Dallas Texas, they don't search fro proflowers so coast to coast... they search for roses Dallas Texas, or florist, or floral, or flowers, etc....

The reason why people wouldn't would not seach for proflowers, is because that is their brand and URL... they'll just type proflowers.com or ftd.com in. (In general of course)

Meta Tags can be useful if your content reflect the same keywords & terms. The general rule though is overuse of those keywords is penalized by some search engines. As far as not typing in proflowers or ftd, I think you would be surprised as to the amount of people that type it in to their browser search as opposed to typing in the URL.

Dazeal said:
Also, I would almost bet that the spiders, which are a lot smarter than you think, could notice what was being done and they would get marked down for that.

Hard to say...depends on the search engine and the ever changing criteria. Some penalize for hidden text, yet many websites have been pulling this technique for years. GFloral is right, you can capture some traffic from misspellings, yet you wouldnt want those mis-spells to show on your front page, looks really unprofessional, you would need to hide it, and in that case you are taking a risk with the SE.

clay said:
Yep, I saw it also and wondered the same thing (kind of sick eh?). Not sure if Google puts that much weight on Meta descriptions (if that is where you would put it) anymore. Be interested in MLou's take on this.

Google does not use META description or keyword tags for ranking purposes. Yahoo and MSN do. Hope that helps.

So Charles Bronson died and became a floral designer........interesting.

Omg!

Waaay too cool Cathy....you must have loads of fun with that ....and what is with the Master of Floral Disaster...that made my night...there has to be a non-publishable story behind that!!!!
S

Well, they're both half Polish.

We used to have lots of fun going into busy restaurants and being told of long waits for tables. When asked our party's name, we'd say 'Bronson'. Got some mighty fast service.

My favorite was being in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre and taking a picture of Phil at Bronson's Hollywood Walk of Fame star. It was January and Phil was wearing his full-length mink. You should have seen the tourists snapping photos. :>:

Master of Floral Disaster? A nickname I teasingly gave him 22 years ago at a floral show when I saw him help save the day for a designer in sore need of better mechanics. :rolleyes:

Talk about thread drift! This is supposed to be about Page Rank, not Phil Rulloda (but I give him a PR10.)

I give Phil a PR of 11.

Total class act and don't forget to mention he's half Filipino as well.
I believe he labeled himself as a Polipino.

CHR said:
You mean these two guys? :>:
Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.