My visit to FTD headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, You didnt answered my post earlier.
Was there any Canadian shops represented at this meeting you where there?>
Luc

Sorry Luc,
There were no Canadian shops in attendance, however there were Canadian shop owners invited that could not attend.
Jim

WOW, the future's so bright I gotta wear shades! This all reads like long on praise and short(very) on substance. I have a hard time swallowing that what you all advised them about wasn't something they didn't already know. It's nice to come here and read this rosey post how once again the coaches "listened" to the playes about how to make a better "team". The problem is the OWNERS. They wish to make money. And like any sport, the players are their to do as their told untill they have no value any more. It's the coaches responsibility to tell the players what they need to hear to get you to do the job.

As a former player, I still see no reason to get my agent to negociate a new contract. Too many scab players to ever see the chance of getting that championship ring.

And as always knife your post is full of it usual "substance" and value. Nice to see that some things never change.

The "substance" that you are referring to

in Knife's case is probably some form of dope!!
Tell you what Knife, some of us are "scabs" as you so eloquently allude to...guess we don't need your "superior skills" since we are highly unlikely to understand ANY of your jibberish...some of us have YET to understand ANY of it....
Mike:confused:

Re: The "substance" that you are referring to

Originally posted by Mikey the Flower Guy
in Knife's case is probably some form of dope!!
Tell you what Knife, some of us are "scabs" as you so eloquently allude to...guess we don't need your "superior skills" since we are highly unlikely to understand ANY of your jibberish...some of us have YET to understand ANY of it....
Mike:confused:

Seemed clear enough to me :)

Mikey, the scabbs are a reference to all those FREE members. The DOPE must be those who are still foolish enough to pay.

Jibberish-????? Can't help the fact that you are unable to follow a simple sports analogy.

Is it really MY fault that I acquired such a deep dislike for FTD? Is there at least a drop of possibility that they are the ones who planted the seeds of discontent? Is there the possibility that through their actions, they made sure that those seeds grew to monumential size?

I'll spare you ALL the reasons why I left over 2 years ago. However, I'll give you one reason why I would leave ,if I were still a member today. It's called SCABS.

Someday, after all your hard work in helping to keep some relevence to the "brand". You'll see that little man with the wings on his feet, flying arround your local supermarket. Then you'll have to ask yourself why you worked so hard. Actually, you may even have te oportunity to fill one of their orders.

Personally, I think the SCABS they PICKED are gonna leave SCARS!

I followed it just fine, too.:)

While I don't doubt Jim's sincerity at all, I'm reminded of a number of seminars I've attended.
In these situations, much information is distributed fairly rapidly. Much of it sounds great. I can't wait to get home to implement some of the new ideas I've heard.
The attendees have been gathered together in a room. We've been stroked and polished and sent home to proselytize. The presentation sounded great on Tuesday. By the time I'm in the plane and on the way home on Thursday, the problems begin to be apparent. I realize that a lot was glossed over. Now I think, "What about...?"

New Hampshire has been visited by many politicians eager to relocate to D.C. They ask us questions. They tell us what we want to hear in order to gain our support. And then what happens?

I'll spare you ALL the reasons why I left over 2 years ago. However, I'll give you one reason why I would leave ,if I were still a member today. It's called SCABS.

You know KNIFE...you NEVER cease to amaze me!!
You're one of the smartest people on this board, ANY board, and in business, you've learned "inflammation" skills, that seem to indicate "BURN FIRST" apply first aid after!!
I KNOW why so many ex-FTD loyal florists left, taking the continuous pounding of bad to worse news, that the ship is sinking, that FTD is dead, and TF is better, and AFS is better still, and GOD only knows how many more reasons!!
You MADE a decision...a GREAT stride, well ahead of the "bell curve" of most people in this business.
The majority of florists are NOT THINKERS...they're dooers, and whatever everyone ELSE is doing, they'll do too!!
Not ONCE have I EVER questioned the authenticity of your reasons, your DEEP DOWN HATE is REALLY annoying!!
For CHRIST'S sake...it's a WIRE SERVICE!!
They steal your babies, your identity, or your self worth or something??
Your decisions were made during some of the MOST tumultuous and idiotic times this industry has EVER seen....knowing what you know NOW, would have made the SAME decision, for the SAME REASON??
An analogy...I'm a HUGE Hamilton Tiger Cats fan, BBJ LOVES his Senators, and unfortunately Ryan has a soft spot for some team called the Maple Leafs!!
They've done some REALLY STUPID things, played some REALLY STUPID GAMES, and have made some REALLY STUPID TRADES, that cost the season's ticket holders some REALLY HARD COIN.
Yet, good games, and bad, I'm a ***FAN*** that SEES the good and the bad...and they BALANCE OUT!!
I HATE what they do, and I LOVE what they do...
Ain't no "SCABS" here...
Mike

Isn't that the purpose of these types of gatherings? We're smart, we attend, we puff up we come home and separate the wheat from the chaff and put to use what works for us. No cheerleading here...just an observation. (like a pep rally in high school before the big game)

Originally posted by Tom
I followed it just fine, too.:)

New Hampshire has been visited by many politicians eager to relocate to D.C. They ask us questions. They tell us what we want to hear in order to gain our support. And then what happens?

From my understanding there are about 6 people who are politicians visting your state these days.

Six now. And two years to go. They will multiply numerous times between now and then. As they begin to be serious about getting elected they start to get in the way. You actually have to cross the street and use the sidewalk on the other side sometimes to avoid them!

Mikey, I can agree with you about the fan thing. It's just that a fan can be excused their obsessions and wishfull thinking in the name of sport and entertainment. Plus it gives guys something serious to talk about while having a few brews together. If the team really sucks, I can show my displeasure by not showing up for the games as a paying customer.

What I have a hard time understanding is why some fans have to pay while others get in free. Especially when all the seats are the same And in the big scheem of things, there all on the upper deck.

Every league has a team that seems to occupy the cellar. I would just like to see FTD be that team. For the good of the sport if you will. As a player,one can always ask to be traded!

Status
Not open for further replies.