Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
I wanted to highlight a couple new features that we've added to the User Profiles.

1) Profile Picture
Larger than an avatar, this is a chance for you to post a real pic of yourself for all FC members to see. Please, no nudity (Luc!).

2) Instant Message
We now have fields for some of the most popular IM clients. Anyone interested in communicating via IM please list your user names in the appropriate fields.

Welcome to the new FlowerChat!

Ryan

Ok, how do you change your avatar now if you want to put your own in there or your picture? I searched high and low and I can't see a browse anywhere. Help! :dunno: Thanks!

Also, where is the "view new posts" link? Or isn't there one now?

Lady Biker Florist said:
Ok, how do you change your avatar now if you want to put your own in there or your picture? I searched high and low and I can't see a browse anywhere. Help! :dunno: Thanks!

Also, where is the "view new posts" link? Or isn't there one now?
Patty, are you stressed out by all these changes? ;)

George Simon said:
Patty, are you stressed out by all these changes? ;)

YES! I repeat YES! Did I say YES! Well, YES if you don't get my point! I am too old for these silly changes. What was wrong with the old way? :boggles:

How did ya know? Just rhetorical, I know how you knew.

What do you mean Ryan?

No nude shots of me....
Only way I can make it biggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....better looking..........

THat is it, I accept your challange....
Luc

GFLORAL said:
Though I am with you on the avatar thing. I don't know how to change it to a custom one either. Custom avatars may have been cut off when he upgraded.
User CP

Menu on the left side, under Settings & Options, choose Edit Avatar.

Customer Avatar option is below the listing of Standard Avatars.

Also, I should note that the profile picture is separate from your avatar!

Infinite said:
User CP

Menu on the left side, under Settings & Options, choose Edit Avatar.

Customer Avatar option is below the listing of Standard Avatars.
I still don't see it.

Also, when you use the quick reply, why does the cursor end up on top of the quoted message? Shouldn't it be afer the quote or are we top posting? Is there a setting you can change?

George Simon said:
I still don't see it.

Also, when you use the quick reply, why does the cursor end up on top of the quoted message? Shouldn't it be afer the quote or are we top posting? Is there a setting you can change?
George, for quotes I press the Quick Reply Icon next to the person I want to quote or respond to(That is the icon that looks like a quill and paper that is square)

Then I check "Quote message in reply" below the message box and then type my message and press post quick reply.

Makes it real easy

Go to first UNread

Seems that I no longer have the "go to first unread" button...

Is this not avaiable when using the Hyper Threading option ?

BOSS said:
Seems that I no longer have the "go to first unread" button...

Is this not avaiable when using the Hyper Threading option ?
No, it's only for the Linear mode. Unread posts will be bolded in the Hybrid and Threaded modes.

Got it.....

Thats what I figured once I played with it and changed back and forth...

Sure is alot of new features, ALL good...lots to learn (again)...

Love The Fonts

BOSS said:
Thats what I figured once I played with it and changed back and forth...

Sure is alot of new features, ALL good...lots to learn (again)...
Hooooowaaaaaaaaaaa

Love these new toys.
Audra

Well, I succeeded in changing my avatar, but I was trying to put in a profile picture. I found one that fit and it showed up in the profile picture page, but will not upload to replace avatar. :dunno: Help please! Thanks!

Ok, I understand. Something that was said made me think the avatar space was for a picure if desired. I see now! It's hard to find a picture that's not too big. I settled for a pic of a motorycle like ours. Ours is all black though. All the pics I tried were just too big.

I wonder...

How many folks have the avatar option turned off ??

I do...pages are smaller, and load much quicker...

I don't but I may - that avatar of GFLORAL gives me a migraine. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.