Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold M. Hoogasian

May 20, 2005
San Francisco
www.hoogasian.com
State / Prov
California
Harold M. Hoogasian is President of Hoogasian Flowers, Inc. Located in San Francisco, California, Hoogasian Flowers is a third generation, family owned business with a retail location at 615 Seventh Street. We are Open Every Day of The Year and are an FTD Top Member.

I have been professionally involved in the retail floral industry since 1973 upon my graduation from UC Berkeley with a B.S. in Genetics.

I was a member of the FTD Young Owner Manager Advisory Committee in 1978. Currently, I am Vice President of the South Of Market Business Association (the local merchants organization) and a Board Member of The San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau.

My passion for the floral industry includes a complete committment to The Chain of Life standards, the SAF Fund for Public Relations and an advocacy for Florist to Florist transmission model. I consider rebates industrial cannibalism and think filling orders for Order Gathers is a practice somewhat along the lines of providing one's executioner with the bullets or rope to end one's own existance. Enough said. Do I get in?

This seems to be a waste of my time

I wanted to view the article on OG. I have to post an introduction to view. I think this site has a very low "User Friendly" rating in my experience. I am too busy to waste much more time in order to view an article. Please let me know when I am "approved" as worthy of viewing the articles. Otherwise, I'll block this source in a week.

Harold

I consider rebates industrial cannibalism and think filling orders for Order Gathers is a practice somewhat along the lines of providing one's executioner with the bullets or rope to end one's own existance. Enough said. Do I get in?
You definitely have my vote (I'll hold my own on SAF)

Hey!

Erlene,

This seems to be a very user unfriendly site. I get e-mails and want to read articles, but never had access. I tried for about 10-15 minutes before I stumbled on to the place to post my introduction. The fact that you responded is encouraging. Have I been "approved" now? Can I access their articles? I really think someone has a much higher sense of the value of this forum than is necessary. Afterall, if one's articles are worth reading, why require a membership to do so? I could understand if you want to restrict the ability to POST to an identified person. Just reading should not require so much work.

Harold

PS. I was looking on the Balle site and didn't notice your Buy Portland Local as an organization associated with Balle. Seems like your group would be right on for that network (http://www.livingeconomies.org/).

Harold, under your user name it now says registered user. You have full access to the site.

There are reasons for the approval process, highly debated process though.

I'm just on my way out to deliver a wedding, will check the site out later on.

Erlene

Welcome to the community.

It is a friendly community, but it takes time to find your way around. You were approved in 18 minutes; that must be some kind of record.

So please enjoy and participate.

V

Reactions: Joe Mioux
Harold,

Welcome to FlowerChat! Not sure if you'll recall, but we met at Top Member '06 in Montego Bay while I was working for MAS.

FlowerChat provides a venue to discuss a lot of industry details that might not be prudent to expose to the public - hence the registration process. I'm sure that you can appreciate that over the past 7 years lots of trial, error and refinement has been involved in creating what we have now.

As a member who registered in '05, you would have had full access at one point, but because you had never posted your access was restricted in Fall '07. We sent out numerous emails to all members in your situation advising them of the process, deadlines, and what was to happen.

I'm glad you've gone ahead with the intro - I hope you'll stick around and participate :)

Ryan

Hi Harold,
Welcome ! Harold and I have done business together for years.

Sharon from Ferrari Florist in Santa Cruz

Welcome Harold - Glad to have you here

Do you impatiently wait for microwave popcorn to be done too?

I do.

I think that was the fastest member approval in history here - sorry you found it so trying.

Welcome - hopefully such an illustrious floral industry member will be willing to POST info & ideas to the site, not just quietly READ it with snarky comments about the practices here.

Hope you'll participate in some of the conversation here - we can always use more seasoned & successful members.

Harold, Welcome to the community.... I'm sure you'll find many "articles" of interest....

We're glad you found the door!

Harold, I am glad to see you posting. You have so much to offer and so much knowledge. I miss seeing you at the Top 100 meetings. Enjoy.

Carol Bice

Status
Not open for further replies.