New Members Welcome And Introduction Thread

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
New to FlowerChat? Trying to find a thread or information about your favorite topic but just can't?

This thread is a place to welcome new members and to provide an easy spot to ask newbie questions. (No question is too silly, BTW.)

Please take a minute to introduce yourself and let us know if there are any specific resources here (and there are many) that seasoned members can help you find. :)

I would like to introduce...

I would like to introduce to you all one of F.C.'s newest members, my mentor, my boss, an incredibly creative and talented man, and someone who has dedicated over 30 years of his life following his passion for flowers and the floral industry. Please give a warm welcome to Flower Man, otherwise known as Coby. He has a wonderful perspective to share and I know he will also learn lots from you all. I'm sure he will be hooked in no time.
www.cobyneal.com-come visit us

Hey Coby

Welcome.... good talking to you last week....

Enjoy....

mark

Welcome Coby :)

I LOVE THIS BOUQUET :)

bouquets6.jpg

Hey on your webpage, it looks like some of it sticking too far out on the right where I have to scroll over to see the pics.

This is what I suggest, if you don't mind. Some of the layers you are using on your pages exceed the width. For example in your opening page the main layer you have there is 978px wide. When 800 is the standard you want to use, and I even go as far down as 750px. Layers are awesome, I used to use them a lot. Now that everyone is trying to get their website to complie with the W3C standards, I'm not sure how layers are viewed by certain search engines.

Call me Coby, the help is free if you need it, if not, your flowers designs are sweeeeeeeeet.
888.867.5515 - Brandon

Just bumping this thread to welcome new members to FlowerChat. :) Please feel free to introduce yourselves here or to ask questions about locating information on your favorite topics.

With more than 45,000 posts, there's a wealth of florists' knowledge that's already been shared... and more added every day. Hopefully soon that will include yours. :)

thanks for "bumping this thread" CHR!

I've been wandering around here for a week or so, reading, learning, laughing and appreciating the community you all have here.
It's GREAT! And I've learned so much already...

I'm a work-at-home fresh flower broker/importer and I've been missing having folks to interact with.

I'd be happy to share what I do with any of you that use fresh flowers :)
but mostly I'm just glad to have found some flower-folks!!! YEAH!

thanks for having me :)
and if anyone has any question you can find me at 702-880-1024

Peace,
Gina

Welcome, Gina.
I'd be happy to share what I do with any of you that use fresh flowers :)
but mostly I'm just glad to have found some flower-folks!!! YEAH!
Flower-folks, that's us. :rolleyes:

Members with products can post about them in the appropriate Business Services area of the forum.

Welcome Alex Torres

I posted this message two weeks ago when Alex joined FC...but in the "real florist forum" by mistake.

Welcome Alex Torres
Alex is this years winner of the TSFA - Texas Cup and the SAF - Sylvia Cup
(He also has won the Allied Florists of Houston - Houston Cup)

http://www.alliedfloristsofhouston.org/news/2005-sylvia-cup.htm

Glad to have you join us!

Welcome KDB.....

a fine family business from Burlington,Ontario. Canada...renown for their Brant Florist, and Bolt Family Florist operation.
Welcome Ken, Elaine, Tim and your whole crew.....the florist industry is lucky to have you!!

Welcome Marilyn......

from Hirnis' Wayside Gardens Florist in Miami,Florida
This year's stamina awards go to ALL florists in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, & Texas

Welcome Braddawn

Welcome to the folks from Pattersons in Reed City MI.....

Welcome to Flowerchat...great to have some more Michiganders around....

WoooHooo!! Webcams! Way to go George! The first webcam I ever saw in a florsit was in Greece of all places, about 5 years ago. The second was in a florsit in the mid west, forgot the name, but it had a shot of the store like yours does, but it wasn't as nice of a shop as yours George. :)

I preach webcams George and am glad you are here! Thanks Cathy!

just joined

just joined and thought i'd introduce myself.... not too sure if this is where i should be or not... but it's a start...
i've been in the floral business for 36 years.... family started with a greenhouse and added the flower shop... i've been there since day one. fresh flowers are my passion.... i do silks if i absolutely have to ... but... i usually try and pawn them off on someone else....
i love going to shows and getting new ideas and techniques... i'm looking forward to meeting fellow florists...

Welcome bekka. Thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself. :)

A few of our members also operate greenhouses as part of their flower shops. I can't recall the thread from Christmas, but there were a couple of gorgeous shots of seas of poinsettias.

Let us know if we can help you find anything specific.

Cathy

FlowerChat has been blessed with many new members recently but I want to take the time to introduce a flower superstar with whom many of you are familiar.

This fellow is one of the most respected speakers and designers in the US today. He has been a driving force in product development for several companies including Smither-Oasis and The John Henry Company. Charming, clever, talented and down-right cute ;) , please welcome jhms, J Schwanke.