New Members Welcome And Introduction Thread

My husband & I bought an existing flower shop in April 2005. My husband grew up in a flower shop, so it's in his blood.
Sorry to hear...hope it's not fatal ;)

Welcome to the FlowerChat Community, we're glad you found us, and there are many here that will offer answers to any question you may have.

I too was "born" in a flowers shop and have been here ever since... 3rd generation florist, now owner, janitor, designer and bucket scrubber....

Best wishes...and feel free to ask anything... few here are reserved, and there is always an answer available....

Amanda, Welcome to FlowerChat.

You're the first from Scotland... Spread the word about us :)

I will indeed! Only found out about the forum this morning from my wholesaler. So you can blame him:rolleyes:

I'd say he's a better man than you thought!!:)
Welcome to the VERY BEST place to be...some pretty smart people here

Welcome aboard and give a big thanks to your wholesaler. :) This is a great place to network, learn, laugh and share the odd tear. I love Scotland by the way.

V

welcome amanda my uncle lives in port skerra thats not far from you is it right up the top of the united kingdom

Hi

Hi everyone
My name is Amanda and I'm new to this site and I'm new to the flower business. I just opened my shop in Feb.,just in time to catch Valentines.
Since then I've been really slow. I've done two weddings and about 1-2 sales every other day. Is that normal? I've only gotten 2 calls for a prom corsage. Two schools have already had there proms. Only two schools are left who have not had prom. I'm advertising in two phone books.Should I be doing More? If so what? Also mothers day is right around the corner, What sells the most? :confused:

Longview

Dolce - what shop in Longview? Where are you located?

Donna
The Greenery
Kilgore

Hey everyone my name is Tina, I live in Jasper, Alabama ( work in Double Springs). I have been a Designer for almost 16 yrs. I joined flower chat a while back ( then May hit, LOL, need I say more)!!! I am glad to be here and look forward to talking to everyone.

Hey FlowerGirl,

Hey everyone my name is Tina, I live in Jasper, Alabama ( work in Double Springs). I have been a Designer for almost 16 yrs. I joined flower chat a while back ( then May hit, LOL, need I say more)!!! I am glad to be here and look forward to talking to everyone.

Welcome. . . .
We had some folks from Jasper come down for our Local Association meeting on Tuesday. Would love for you to join us sometime!

I'll PM you some details.

We need more from our area to get active here. (How did you find FC?)

Glenn

I found flower chat from the newsletter the Alabama Assocition sends out. This is a great tool and a great way to keep in touch with the flower community. Thanks for sending out those newsletters!!! I am looking forward to hopefully joining the Alabama Association very soon!!! We are opening a shop in September or October. Talk to everyone soon! Tina

Hi My name is Julie, I am re-introducing myself as I have been a member for some time but I have not posted for a long time. I work for Goodie (plantation Florist) as her company secretary and Book-keeper, Sounds posh dont it? but I still clean the loo make the tea etc Ha ha!! I have worked for her for 8 years oh and I should mention she is also my sister. We work together 5 days a week and I know some say never work with family, but we have no problem there. I work 2-3 days per week in the shop, which I love and totally enjoy serving customers and having a laugh with them, then the other days of the week I spend in the office doing wages, Invoices, book-keeping, vat, leaflet designing and also run the website. Usually Goodie comes up with some amazing promotional idea and I turn it into a flyer. We work very hard but also have a great laugh, we have a total of eight staff (at present) and the thing that gives us the most headaches is usually staff issues. Anyway as I have not posted for a while I thought I should re-introduce myself, so Hi to everyone and I will look forward to chatting. Thank you for reading my thread
Julie x

Reactions: 1 person
Many welcomes

Hi My name is Julie, I am re-introducing myself as I have been a member for some time but I have not posted for a long time. I work for Goodie (plantation Florist) as her company secretary and Book-keeper, Sounds posh dont it? but I still clean the loo make the tea etc Ha ha!! I have worked for her for 8 years oh and I should mention she is also my sister. We work together 5 days a week and I know some say never work with family, but we have no problem there. I work 2-3 days per week in the shop, which I love and totally enjoy serving customers and having a laugh with them, then the other days of the week I spend in the office doing wages, Invoices, book-keeping, vat, leaflet designing and also run the website. Usually Goodie comes up with some amazing promotional idea and I turn it into a flyer. We work very hard but also have a great laugh, we have a total of eight staff (at present) and the thing that gives us the most headaches is usually staff issues. Anyway as I have not posted for a while I thought I should re-introduce myself, so Hi to everyone and I will look forward to chatting. Thank you for reading my thread
Julie x

Glad to have you on board .... a hearty welcome from me
C