New Members Welcome And Introduction Thread

Wow, Welcome J

I think Flowerchat moves up in the world.
Welcome to the world were "Real Florists" are on the move.
J is one of the best. If you don't think so, just try to book him for a show.

BamaE4U said:
I think Flowerchat moves up in the world.
Welcome to the world were "Real Florists" are on the move.
J is one of the best. If you don't think so, just try to book him for a show.

Allied Florists of Houston has him booked for their April meeting...If your in the Houston area come join us...

April 10 2006
AFH Monthly Meeting
Theme: Prom Flower Magic
Designer: Jay Schwanke
Sponsor:
2112 Leeland
Houston TX 77003 (key map code 493V)
Greenleaf Home Phone: (713) 223-0299
Contact Botanical Designs by Montgomery for reservations at (281) 427-7454

Welcome J, Allied is looking forward to your visit again...
Mary Lou

PS His funeral show or his wedding show have always been a sell out in Houston...

Reactions: clay
Welcome and we're glad you are joining us.

V

Hi, thought i would remember my manners and intruduce myself... I'm Twiggy.. soon to be flower shop owner, mom of 2 teenage boys, wife too! Living in a small town in NV.. This FlowerChat community is amazing! and much needed.. especially in this fragmented floral industry.. there is so little opportunity to network at shows ect in this area with other florists. Thank you all so much for your insight and advice in my previous posts!
Twiggy

If you're a florist, you are very welcome to join us here! Welcome to FlowerChat :)

Ryan

Would like to welcome a true "Unique". . . . .

Southern girl (you can tell by the accent).

Unique in that she owns Unique Expressions in Guin, Alabama.

She has been "lurking" or as she says, "listening" for a couple months. I hope this encourages her to jump in a say "hey" because while she is still learning (aren't we all) she has a mind for this business.

She is also a Director in the Alabama State Florists' Association.

Come on Shane, speak up. . . .don't be shy.

Welcome, Shane, from one Southern girl to another! Best wishes in heading up your state's association. I'm on our state board...can be lots of work sometimes, can't it?

Hey, does Southern Ontario count? ;) It is the banana belt here. Welcome Shane.

V

Thanks for the welcome. I can tell there are a lot of intelligent people on this site. I have already learned a lot from reading post. Glenn thank you for my introduction. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I will continue listening to each of you.

Saying Hello

Been reading around the site and stumbled upon this area.
Very impressed and glad we found you all.
Have learned quite a bit in a few days.

Kevin and Bennetta from Manorville Florist, Manorville, Long Island, New York here, and yes we are a 100%, USDA Grade A Choice Real Florist.
Not conventional by any means but definately a REAL FLORIST.
( Have the scars and the bills to prove it. Maybe even a T Shirt ! )

Still carrying all the wire services, though after coming here I suspect changes are coming soon. Thank you for the inspiration!

We are almost 4 years in after taking over a dead 6 year florist and are primarily a filling florist serving almost half of Long Island daily, with only premium flowers and product, 365 days per year. With a tremendous effort we turned the shop around, spent more money than I care to think about right now, and made way too many mistakes while creating a well respected name with a fairly large direct ( non WS base ) in our third year. Currently looking at a second shop to the east of us to minimize the
daily chaos here and plan to do it a whole lot differently this time.

Thank you all for the benefit of your knowledge and opinions.

Been reading around the site and stumbled upon this area.
Very impressed and glad we found you all.
Have learned quite a bit in a few days.

Kevin and Bennetta from Manorville Florist, Manorville, Long Island, New York here, and yes we are a 100%, USDA Grade A Choice Real Florist.
Not conventional by any means but definately a REAL FLORIST.
( Have the scars and the bills to prove it. Maybe even a T Shirt ! )

Still carrying all the wire services, though after coming here I suspect changes are coming soon. Thank you for the inspiration!

We are almost 4 years in after taking over a dead 6 year florist and are primarily a filling florist serving almost half of Long Island daily, with only premium flowers and product, 365 days per year. With a tremendous effort we turned the shop around, spent more money than I care to think about right now, and made way too many mistakes while creating a well respected name with a fairly large direct ( non WS base ) in our third year. Currently looking at a second shop to the east of us to minimize the
daily chaos here and plan to do it a whole lot differently this time.

Thank you all for the benefit of your knowledge and opinions.

Welcome aboard...I can identify with your "money" hole. The numbers we spent on our shop over the past 14 years have been staggering and could have bought my house at the current rate about three times over.The info learned here is invaluable...certainly has helped our bottom line and our view point on what and where we want to be in 10 years! Again, welcome aboard
Sher
Flowers From The Rainflorist

Scars and bills......

Thank you and Thank you
Glad to be here.

new here

Hello thought I would say hi. I am an expat and i have recently opened an online flower shop in here the Philippines. The logistics have been a nightmare but things are smoothing out. I'll be looking for some advice and I hope i can do the same in return.

Welcome Salty and Manorville. As you've already learned, there is a wealth of knowledge among the folks here, and they freely share their expertise. This is a great place to keep on learning about our industry.

Newbie here!

I've been reading these forums like mad for the past few days, what an amazing wealth of information! I'm fairly new to the business, and finding this forum has really helped with the "all ALONE" feeling!

I took a correspondence course (I know, *grooooan!*) 10 years ago, then a couple local courses, and have been experimenting ever since. I find I learn a lot more when left to my own devices, armed with some basic knowledge.

After doing the flowers for my grandfather's funeral (8 years ago), and many friends' weddings, everyday arrangements, etc, decided to make more of a go of it. I AM working from my home now, kinda dreading being labelled a "Basement Betty" here, but I don't see myself that way at all. I spend a lot of time and effort on my marketing materials, making sure that all business stuff (taxes, etc) are in order, that I have good equipment/supplies, etc.

Had my first wedding show a week and a half ago, had a lot of really positive response there, waiting to see how that translates into actual serious orders.

Looking forward to being a part of such a dynamic online community!

Welcome to all of you! It is a treasure trove in information, intelligence and humour here. :)

V

New here

Hi. I am new here & just wanted to check in. My husband & I bought an existing flower shop in April 2005. My husband grew up in a flower shop, so it's in his blood. Our shop was actually started by his dad & then owned by his sister, now us. I am relatively new to it all, so I have lots to learn. Hopefully I don't ask too many questions!

Welcome aboard. :) Ask away... it's the best way for us to learn. :)

V