Ontario Florist Conference 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmations will be sent!!!!

All those that have registered will receive a confirmation, I've been after Frank S. for the last 3 weeks to get this set up and also to get info as to whether FTD is going to make the room reservations or if you have to do that as well after giving all your info to them (beds-king/double, smoking-y/n) I have another call out to him and if I don't get the answers I'm looking for I'll take it to another level tomorrow.

I do know that all those here asking about info (confirmations) have been registered.

If you are not a FTD member, How is the room reimbursed>?
If we plan to stay or arrive a day early it will be at our own cost, may I right?
Luc

You REGISTER, at the A1florists.com site....

a confirmation will be sent to you, PLUS, you NO LONGER have to call the Sheraton Fallsview, to pre-book your room PLUS, it will AUTOMATICALLY be pre-paid for you by the fantastic folks at FTD.
So as it stands, BOOK NOW, get your EARLY registration rate, your room WILL be booked and paid for you, BUT, please be wise, and check with the hotel to make sure that you've not been missed.
When handling this many registrants, things happen....
Mike

Can you tell ME if BLUE has been CONFIRMED?

I faxed that form in so fast last month just so I wouldn't miss out on all this great opportunity to be held up at the Sarnia Border LOL! for hours with Charlotte and Mikes birth certificates just to prove "were Florists from the US" not terrorists going to PARTY with people WE HAVE NEVER MET!..go figure?

Ryan you better be there..I'm still working on BOSS...I told him I would let him hide in the cargo box tied down on top of the car... :)

I'm there, no question ... but I've already booked a room.

Should I cancel my reservation, or just ask Frank S for a cheque?

Infinite said:
I'm there, no question ... but I've already booked a room.

Should I cancel my reservation, or just ask Frank S for a cheque?

I would phone the Hotel and tell them you are part of the Ontario Florist Conference and that your room will be looked after by FTD (other than incidentals).

You will receive a confirmation.......It's taking a little more time than I thought but FTD want's to get as much info included with the confirmations as possible.

carol said:
Can any of us from the US get free rooms from FTD if we go??I would love to go back to Niagara Falls.. what a beautiful city.. and meet you all would be a hoot..
Yep the offer is good for any retail florist.

just a few other questions..

The event is on Saturday and Sunday so I assume the Hotel room(s) are for Saturday only. Does anyone know if the room(s) can be reserved (with our money of course) for a Friday nite stay?

Blue Oyster Cult said:
The event is on Saturday and Sunday so I assume the Hotel room(s) are for Saturday only. Does anyone know if the room(s) can be reserved (with our money of course) for a Friday nite stay?

I would suggest you wait until you receive your confirmation from FTD......
They will have special rates available for those wishing to come early or stay an extra day.

This looks like great fun, how does it work if we are taking an odd number of people? I guess I need to know how many to a room!( I hope this is not a stupid question!)

Oh, you'd better be there :) Bring the WHOLE crew, shut down the shop for a couple days!! Tell Ronnie FTD is paying for the Scotch, too ;)

Ryan

speaker at the show

Who do I talk to about presenting at the show - as I just did in London for Flowers04?

thanks,

Tim Huckabee
FloralStrategies.com

Who do I talk to at FTD??

I have called hdqtrs many times and also my rep and NO ONE knows anything about the FTD free rooms and meals?? Who do I talk to to confirm this?? It would be a nasty surprise to show up and find out I am paying for my rooms because of a mistake?? Please.. who do we talk to at FTD??
thanks

I called Danny at FTD

I called Danny at FTD and finally got my answer.. if you go to www.ftdi.com/ofc you can register for the convention $149.00 and either pay by cc or ftd bill and below that there is the place to sign up for the free room for saturday nite.. and the meals.. lunch, dinner & breakfast are included.. and there are education classes and a small trade show...

Sounds Great.. especially if florists can't make it to the convention in Vegas

Carol and others..

At the very beginning of this tread BBJ has a link to print off the Registration Form...you can Fax the form or what ever means you want to Register...

I sent mine in weeks ago and that $149 is in Canadian Peso's so in US nickles it's about $110.

Blue Oyster Cult said:
At the very beginning of this tread BBJ has a link to print off the Registration Form...you can Fax the form or what ever means you want to Register...

I sent mine in weeks ago and that $149 is in Canadian Peso's so in US nickles it's about $110.
The link is still there http://a1florists.com/ofc with all the info and registration forms via secure site or fax.

Hi Tim......

I'll put you in touch with the event chair, and/or the conference chair if you are interested in presenting.
Also, in the event that you wish to also have an FTD contact, you can get in touch with our Canadian FTD manager [email protected]
Let me know first, so there is no confusion, and the nature of your presentation, and how much time you require?....also, is this a sit down, or a hands on workshop you are proposing??
Thanks.....
Mike (aka Mikey the Flower Guy)

Tim Huckabee said:
Who do I talk to about presenting at the show - as I just did in London for Flowers04?

thanks,

Tim Huckabee
FloralStrategies.com

Any thoughts about a Halloween Costume Dinner Party?

Since this will be held on October 30-31 Halloween Weekend has there been any thought to having a Rip Roaring Blast with everyone partisapating in a Custume Party at the Dinner on Saturday? Just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.