Jul 22, 2008
ottawa
State / Prov
ontario
www.bloomex.ca
In the business for 15 years
I was referred by the owner of the company
Dialogue with other members of the floral community
My many experiences in the industry in many different forms.
Operate from head office in Ottawa

We are internet based and 1-888 based but we have our own distribution centers in seven major Canadian cities. We service 50% of Canada same day 97% by next day.

What do you determine to be the best asset you have if you become a member here? And if you would, please explain "distribution centres". Thank you.

V

Hello and welcome. Please tell us what your position is in Bloomex. Thanks !
:)

hmmm, no store front, selling direct to consumers...
who fills their orders? Direct ship only?

Having checked your website I have a question. If, as a customer, I want to send a gift basket to someone here in London, how do you go about getting that basket sent to the recipient?

V

Our business is all web based we do not have a store front. We fulfill all of our orders through our distribution centers in seven major Canadian cities. For orders outside the same day range of our distribution centers we use a national courier to deliver next day our arrangements and baskets. My position with Bloomex is Corporate Sales Manager. My aim in becoming a member is to be informed on the ever changing trends in our business and to gain insight from other experts using this forum.

The insight you may gleam from this answer is that as a florist, I don't appreciate your style of business. I provide services for my customers, personally, and honesty. I tell consumers where I am located. I tell consumers that I will personally make their request. I tell customers what real florist I recommend to fill their out of my area needs. I do not subscribe to online florists "affiliated member" lists as they are not my "partners" in my business. I am in my own business and chose to stay so.
I do believe that this is not the forum for you.

So, these seven cities have a building where your product is built by professionals?

V

Rhonda,

As you do our company provides our customers with personal service and honesty. Our customers can view where our locations are on our website they are told that we have seven locations to serve them and that we personally MAKE their order we do not gather an order and source it out. We are not an order gatherer that just sends all orders to a third party.

At least in Toronto, their orders are filled by a florist. Dmitri of Ampal florist has mentioned his work (and (part?) ownership) on FC a few times. I think I may have posted the results of my test order at some point ... short story, SH roses arrived HOT, blew in a day. Refund refused.

Ryan

Victoria,
Each of our buildings/centers has professional floral designers on site that fulfill any orders received. Thanks

Ryan,

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service you could contact me if you like to see if there is anything I can do for you. Thanks

What do you determine to be the best asset you have if you become a member here? And if you would, please explain "distribution centres". Thank you.

V

Please answer. thanks.
One more time .... what do you hope to offer flowerchat - it is very much a give and take here. While it is obvious to me what you can take, it is not obvious what you have to offer.

Reactions: 1 person
Rhonda
Thank you for your "insight". Would you begruge our sucess if we had a door at each of our distribution centers where a member of the public could come in and buy a bunch of flowers? Our business model is very cost effective as we centralize all of our ordering from one location and then distribute from each of our centers across Canada. We are NOT an order gatherer as I have stated before....just out of interest are you a member of any wire service?

If you cannot put into words what you hope to offer flowerchat and its members by being invited into the community, I am left with no choice other than to give you my honest opinion that you don't belong here.

FTR, though the distribution center model is not a favorite, my choice is based solely upon PC613's refusal to answer a simple question. I think we could learn from one another. The choice to be so stingy with answers denies that opportunity, and speaks VOLUMES about this person's value and future participation if granted membership.

Dear Tracey,

I apologise for not responding sooner I have been busy. To address your question I am on this forum to gain insight into the everchanging world of the floral industry and to give my perspective from a different angle. I am not on here to sell or publicise our company in any way and as I stated to Rhonda the following .....

"Thank you for your "insight". Would you begruge our sucess if we had a door at each of our distribution centers where a member of the public could come in and buy a bunch of flowers? Our business model is very cost effective as we centralize all of our ordering from one location and then distribute from each of our centers across Canada. We are NOT an order gatherer as I have stated before....just out of interest are you a member of any wire service?"

I am not here to defend my company and our success I was hoping to be informed by the collective wealth of knowledge the members on this forum possess. I have been in the business on all levels from owning my own retail to wholesale to my position currently. I feel I can appreciate all aspects of this business.

In what seven cities do you have a presence?

V

Status
Not open for further replies.